Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

One Shot, Two Shots

Image

“Mira, it’s almost nine. We need to leave like now,” Kaya yelled from the first floor of Mira’s house.

Mira had been taking a long time to get ready. Tally and Kaya have been waiting for about fifteen minutes and were getting more impatient by the second. Mira just had to finish up her make up and she was ready to go. She came down the stairs and received glares from her two friends.

“I’m sorry. I’m ready now. Let’s go,” Mira said walking out the door without stopping at her friends that were on the couch.

They followed her and were off to the club that Blake had picked out: Rumors. Mira didn’t say too much on the way there. This was something her friends noticed right away. Mira’s usually one to talk non-stop and be very open about what’s going on in her head, but not tonight.

“So, Tally, did you notice how cute that Blake guy is?” Kaya asked trying to get a response from Mira.

She got one all right. It wasn’t much, but it was something. Mira glanced back at her in the rearview mirror.

“Oh my God, Mira, you like Blake,” Tally said catching on to what Kaya was doing.

“No. I don’t. I don’t like the kid at all,” she said as she tried to get something on the radio.

Ironically, La La Lie by Jack’s Mannequin came through the speakers. Mira quickly changed the station to where Addiction by Dope was playing. This suited her way better.

“Mira, what’s so bad about liking Blake? I mean he is a cute kid,” Kaya said.

“Because I don’t like him. There’s nothing to it. He’s just a guy that I happened to compete against,” she said getting agitated.

“Uh huh. We’ll see by the end of the night,” Tally said as both the girls dropped the issue.

“Oh yes we will,”Mira thought to herself.

When they pulled up to the club, Mira wanted to smack her head against something. A certain someone was standing there waiting. This wasn’t good for her. But went well with what she had planed.

“Aw, doesn’t he look cute?” Kaya said as Mira pulled into a parking spot.

Mira didn’t want to let it show, but she thought he looked way better than cute. He had a white polo shirt on, dark blue jeans, and his curly brown hair was toped with a black and green Monster hat that was, once again, backwards. When he saw the girls pull up, he went over to their car and opened the driver’s side door.

“I have to admit I didn’t think you’d show up, Ice Box,” Blake said as Mira stepped out of her car.

“Loser buys drinks right? I’m the loser. I’m here to buy drinks,” she said still keeping up her attitude towards him.

“Aw, now don’t be too hard on yourself. You did really well today,” he said as he put his arm around her shoulders and headed for the club’s entrance.

If Mira’s friends wouldn’t have said anything about her liking Blake in the car, she wouldn’t have responded to his touch like she did. Instead of just walking along with him, she put her arm around his waist. Blake looked down at her, surprised at her actions, but he did smile at her.

“Getting affectionate with the winner now are we, Ice Box?” he asked teasingly.

“You have no idea, Bliko,” she said just as teasingly at him.

He looked away while shaking his head, but his smile still remained. Mira couldn’t help it. She had to look back to see what her friends were doing. She smiled seeing them staring at the two. The whole time Mira was looking at them, they couldn’t look away. Kaya finally snapped out of her trance and smirked at Mira. Mira winked at them and looked forward again.

“Here we are. This has to be my favorite club in town,” he said walking right in. The bouncer gave them a dirty look though. “Its cool, brah. She’s with me. Oh, and so are those two Shelia’s back there.”

Mira smiled. She thought the way he said Shelia’s was the cutest thing she’s ever heard. Blake led Mira to the bar. She told the bartender that all the drinks that Blake, her and the other rider that she pointed out, were on her tab. Blake eyed her funny.

“What?” she asked unable to hide a smile.

“Split that in half,” he said to the bartender.

“No she’s not. I’m paying for those,” Mira said trying to sound intimidating.

“What are you going to do about it, Ice box?” he asked just as intimidating as her.

“I am not going to drink anything,” she said while crossing her arms. That really didn’t make too much sense to her, but it was the only thing she could think of.

“Come on, Ice Box. Take a shot with me,” Blake said as Mira turned to walk away.

“Oh, god, he’s too damn cute,” Mira thought as she turned around.

The bartender had already poured two shot glasses full of clear liquor. Blake held one out to her. She smiled devilishly as she took it from him.

“Cheers,” he said as they clicked their glasses together.

As the liquor made its way down Mira’s throat, the familiar burning sensation filled her mouth. She smiled as she sat her glass down before Blake. She waited for him to finish with a smile.

“Let’s do another one,” She said as the bartender made her way back towards them.

She refilled their glasses and Mira still had a smile on her face. Before Blake could even raise his glass to do cheers again, she had already downed her shot. With two down, Mira had barley begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Mira's Outfit

Blake's Outfit