Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

An Attempt To Burry The Hatchet

Image

~* * * * ~

“Blake. Come on, man. Open the door,” Adam yelled outside his friend’s bedroom.

“No. I don’t need to. I’ve already ridden my bike today. I have no need to leave this room,” Blake yelled through the door.

“Just come with me. I’m not going to talk about her. I promise.” With that he opened the door. “There you go. Lets get caffeinated,” Adam said a little too enthusiastically.

Blake rolled his eyes and followed him out to his truck.

~* * * *~

“Cory, do you want to come get some coffee with me?” Mira asked on her way out to Cory’s backyard. He had been riding all day. She wanted some alone time with him.

“Can Luke come?” He asked peddling over to her with his friend, Luke, following close behind.

“No,” she said not caring what Luke’s reaction was.

“Aw, why not?” Cory asked sweetly.

“Because I’m not dating you and Luke,” she said with her oh so familiar attitude.

“Alright. Luke, I’ll see you later, man,” Cory said as he put his arm around Mira and walked to her truck.

As they drove to the coffee shop, the two talked about how their past week has gone. Mira couldn’t complain for the most part. She had her man,minus the Australian accent, and her riding has been going so well lately even without Adam’s help. Cory was excited. He had been invited to the X Games for the first time since 2003. Mira was excited for him. They were both competing in the, so-called, biggest action sports event of the year. When Mira pulled into the parking lot, she swore she saw Adam’s truck, but didn’t take a second glance. Adam hasn’t talked to her since their little episode a week ago. She quit caring. Cory was all she needed… and maybe Joey. When they went in, she glanced around and saw Adam and someone else sitting in a corner booth. She turned around quickly and faced Cory.

“You ok?” Cory asked as he put his arm around her and rubbed her shoulder.

“Um, yeah. I’m going to go to the bathroom. Could you just get me an iced mocha and wait over at the booth in the corner over there?”

“Of course,” he said with a small smile and a kiss to her forehead.

She ran into the bathroom and hovered over the sink. She was terrified she was going to have a panic attack. Her breathing was rapid and she felt dizzy. It was so hard for her to accept that this had happened just because she saw Adam. As her dizziness passed and her breathing slowed, she was able to gain enough composure to leave the bathroom. Just as she was about to round the corner to go back to Cory, she was knocked down by someone coming the other way. She looked up at the person that knocked her down and her eyes got really wide.

“Bilko?” she asked as he stared back at her with the same expression as her.

He didn’t say anything to her. He offered his hand to her, but not too willingly. She tried to ignore the sensation she got with just this simple touch, but she couldn’t. She smiled slightly, but it wasn’t returned. She didn’t want to accept it, but she saw hurt in his eyes.

“Watch were you’re going,” he spat at her with.

“Well, it looked like you were the one who wasn’t watching where you were going,” she said as her attitude kicked back in.

“Right. It’s never your fault,” he said as Cory made his way over.

“Babe, is this guy giving you problems?” he asked as he slipped his arm around her and eyed Blake.

“So you found a new guy to fuck with huh? Did you remember what happened with him?”

“Hey, bro, don’t talk to my girl like that,” Cory said being way too protective of her.

“Cory, don’t. It’s fine,” she said as Adam appeared beside Blake.

“You have to be shitting me. That’s what it is right, Mira?” Adam asked not looking at her too nicely.

“What are you talking about?” she asked as the room started to spin again.

“This guy,” he said pointing to Cory, obviously not intimidated by the size advantage Cory had. “You know what? I really don’t want to hear it when he screws you over… again,” he said and turned and left.

Mira looked at Blake, hoping his anger lowered. He looked back at her and shook his head before leaving.

“Wait, so you know that asshole?” Cory asked referring to Blake. He knew who Adam was, obviously.

“No. Can we just leave?” she asked dizzier than she was in the bathroom.

“Yeah. I’ll drive home,” he said with his arm still around her.

If he didn’t, Mira might have fallen over from her amount of dizziness. Cory wouldn’t say anything to her the rest of the way back to his house. Mira wished he would at least say something. Even a question about Blake would suit her fine right now, but nothing came. When he pulled into his driveway and turned her truck off, he just sat there and let out a sigh.

“I still get the feeling that you knew that guy,” he finally said looking over at her.

“Cory, it was a mistake. It got blown way out of proportion,” she said rubbing her forehead.

“But you should be able to talk to me about these things. I was about ready to punch his fucking face in.”

“Why are you so violent?” she asked with a small smile. He’s always been protective of her.

“No one’s going to mess with my girl,” he said as he leaned over to her and gave her a quick kiss. “You can stay here if you want. I have to practice,” he said when they parted.

“I got some sponsor issues to take care of at home,” she said as he opened the door.

She climbed over the center glove box to the driver’s seat. The window was down so Cory stuck his head in and kissed her again. They said goodbye/ I love you and she was off. As Cory’s house disappeared behind her, she picked up her phone and dialed a number she hasn’t called in a week.

“You must have the wrong number. I clearly said I didn’t want to hear it when Cory screws you over again,” Adam said. Mira expected him to have a smartass comment.

“Was that necessary?” she asked attitude aside.

“You’re asking me about what’s necessary?”

“I didn’t call to start more shit with you,” she said trying to get what she called for.

“You don’t have shit with me.”

“Just give me Blake’s phone number and I won’t bother you,” she sighed out.

“Why in the hell would you want his number?” Adam asked surprised.

“I’m ready to talk to him now,” she said softly.

“Why? Cory being the big tough guy getting old?”

“God damn it, Adam. Just give me his number,” she said getting frustrated.

“Fine, but don’t get all upset if he won’t talk to you,” he said and then gave her his number.

She thanked him and hung up. Right after the call ended screen flashed off, she dialed, what Adam said, was Blake’s number. She didn’t get an answer, but smiled when it went to voicemail. His familiar Aussie voice filled her ears.

“G’day, mate. This is Bilko. So I guess I’m not around to answer my phone. So all the sexy Sheila’s leave your number and I will definitely get back to you,” was his recording.

Mira was too focused on what he said to try and think of what she was going to say. When she heard the beep, she was just going to wing it.

“Um… Hey Bilk.. uh. Blake. I totally understand if you never return this call, but I hope you just don’t quit listening once you realize it’s me. But I do honestly owe you a huge apology. Words cannot describe how sorry I am. To be honest with you, I have never had so much fun at a club before in my life. I don’t expect things to be all normal or for us to just forget what happened… but I figured I should at least try to make this right between us so, yeah. If I don’t see you any sooner, I guess I’ll see you at X. Bye.”

After she hit the end button, she felt a little better. It wasn’t a huge weight lifted, but it was something. She expected him to call her back later that night, but he never did. She didn’t really blame him, especially after today. She even kept her phone on all night, in hopes that he would call once she went to bed. When she woke up in the morning to check her calls, she was saddened to see that there were none. She sighed as she got up and got ready to head to Joey’s for a day of practice.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?

everyone needs to go here and listen to Bliko's sexy voice. It's the cutest thing I have ever heard lol