Status: Still updating when I can

Brownies Are a Good Way to Start a Conversation

Chapter Two

Sofi stuffed half of the large brownie into her mouth when a sign on a building door catches her eye. Auditions? For a movie? She read over the flier before shrugging and walking into the building, looking for a sign to show her where to go. One thing to learn about Sofi is that she does some things without thinking about the situation thoroughly.

She walked up to the well-dressed man at the desk. “Excuse me?” she smiled. The man smiled back, looking at the pretty woman before him.

“Yes, how may I help you?”

“I’m sorry to bother you, but where do I go for the auditions?”

“Oh yes. All you do is go up to the 3rd floor, turn right, and it’s going to be the 2nd door,” he smiled again.

“Thank you!” she walked towards the elevator. She heard him call ‘good luck’ to her before the elevator doors closed. She pressed the giant 3 and took small dance steps to the elevator music that most people would find annoying. She turned her head up from her nails when she heard the ding of the elevator stopping. She smoothly walked out, turning right and walking into the 2nd door. Inside held three girls. She figured it must be almost over. She shrugged and sat next to the last girl. She smiled politely to her and pulled out a book from her giant messenger bag. She pulled on her black, thick rimmed reading glasses and opened the book to where her bookmark rested.

Time passed quickly whenever you have odd activities hidden in your bag. She just sat there content with reading and drawing. “Excuse me. Are you here for the audition?” Sofi looked up from her book and nodded at the blond women with a gentle smile. She pulled off her glasses, book marked her page, and put everything away in her large bag. Most people would say that she lives out of that thing.

She walked to the door where the blond woman was waiting patiently. Inside the room was a large open space in the front with a table at the back where an auburn haired woman sat. The blond woman went back and sat next to her.

“Welcome, I am Catherine Hardwicke and this,” she motioned to the woman next to her. “This is Stephenie Meyer.”

“Hello, it’s very nice to meet you both. I’m Sofia, but you can both call me Sofi,” she smiled at the both of them.

“So, Sofi, have you always been a fan of Twilight?” Catherine asked me. Sofi looked at her puzzled.

“What’s that?”

She laughed warmly, “That’s what this movie is on. Stephenie is the author of the book Twilight.” She paused for a minute. “Sofi, how did you find out about this audition?”

“I found out from that flier on the door of the building.”

“Did you just find out today?” Stephenie asked incredulously.

“Yup,” Sofi giggled making both women smile at her.

“Wow, well, do you think you could recite some lines for us?” Catherine handed Sofi a piece of paper with lines on them. She nodded, studying the paper.

Sofi took in a deep breath and released it slowly. She closed her eyes and recited the lines she memorized from the paper. She opened her eyes slowly to see Catherine and Stephenie grinning.

“Very good, Sofi,” Catherine gushed.

“Thank you.”

“Sofi, I noticed that you have an accent. Can you try to have an American accent?” Catherine asked.

“How do you know that that was my real accent? How do you know I just didn’t fake it?” Sofi said seriously with a perfect American accent. She broke out into a grin when both women looked like they were thinking about it. They both laughed when they realized that she was just joking.

“Where are you from?” Stephenie asked. She’s been taking notes the whole time. If Sofi were a bit more curious, she would’ve probably tried to take the paper to see what she’s written.

“My mother is from Mexico and my father is from Spain. I was born in Mexico, so yeah, that’s how I got the accent,” she explained.

“It’s beautiful though. You know, the other lead has an accent,” Catherine informed Sofi.

“Really? What kind?”

“English.”

“Oh, that must be amazing,” Sofi awed, thinking about how the accent would sound.

Both women laughed. They both liked the energy the girl brings off to other people.

“It seems like time’s up. Thank you for coming Sofi,” Catherine said. She came around from behind the table and shook hands with Sofi. Stephenie stepped up next and did the same.

“Look, I’m sorry if I wasted your time. I kind of don’t think things out thoroughly before I do them,” she smiled sheepishly at both women.

Stephenie smiled, “No, it was a pleasure meeting you. Do you think we could have your number?” Sofi smiled as she wrote down her number on a piece of paper she found in her bag. She handed the paper to Stephenie. They all said goodbye one last time before Sofi walked out of the room.

“I really like her,” Stephenie smiled at Catherine. Catherine nodded in agreement.

“I think she might be the one we were looking for.”

[A/N: She's wearing the same thing as the last chapter.]
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
Hope you all like it.