Status: Still updating when I can

Brownies Are a Good Way to Start a Conversation

Chapter Four

It’s been a week since Sofi has gone to the audition and she doesn’t expect them to call. She was sat comfortably on her black sofa eating cereal when she heard her cell phone ringing. She put down and searched for her small black phone. The phone kept ringing as she kept looking. She looked under her bed, in her bag, between the cushions on the sofa, when finally, the phone stopped ringing. She frowned and sat back at her seat on the sofa, only to feel the phone inside of her back pocket. She let out a frustrated groan and slid her phone out of her pocket. The flashing light on the screen caught her eye, saying that she has a new voice mail.
She went through the hour long process of listening to your voice mail. Well, it felt like an hour to her. When she finally got to listening to the message, it was from a number she didn’t recognize.
“Hello, Sofi. This is Catherine Hardwicke, the director of the Twilight movie. We really liked your audition and wanted you to call us. We want you to be the other lead role in the film! Please contact me as soon as you can to go over details,” she left her phone number at the end of the message. At the end, Sofi was wiping milk of her chin from spitting out her cereal from disbelief. She scribbled down the number and quickly added it to her phone.
She redialed the phone number and waited for the ringing to be replaced with the voice of Catherine.
“Hello?”
“Hello, is this Catherine Hardwicke?” Sofi asked.
“I can recognize that accent anywhere! Sofi I am so glad you called back so quickly!” she squealed into the phone making Sofi giggle.
“I didn’t think you’d even consider me being in the movie! This is amazing! Thank you so much Catherine!” Sofi began to babble excitedly into the phone.
“I know! Well, as you know, we have many details to go over. One of them is that I need you to be able to fly out to Washington by this Wednesday. Is that going to be a problem?”
“Nope. I can do it!”
“Great. And you’re going to be staying in the same hotel as your co-stars. When you get off your flight, there will be a man with your name on a sign. He will be your driver, he will have also already have your bags,” Catherine explained.
“How long should I pack for?” Sofi began to mentally count all of her luggage cases she has, to see if she’ll have enough for this trip.
“I’d say about three months. After those three months, there’s going to be a month off for a break. Then you’re going to have to pack again for another 4 to 6 months. There are many other things we have to discuss, but we can do that when you meet the cast. And Sofi, congratulations,” Sofi could just imagine the smile Catherine had on the other end of the phone.
“Thank you so much Catherine!”
They said their goodbyes, which left Sofi breathing heavily from excitement on her couch with wide eyes. She jumped up from her couch and jumped around the room excitedly. She grabbed her phone calling her parents to tell them the news.
“Hello?” Sofi heard the heavy Mexican accent of her mother.
“Mama! I’m going to be in a movie!” she squealed into the phone.
“What are you talking about, Sofia?”
“Get Papa! Put me on speaker!” She could hear her mother speak in Spanish to her father and then heard the deep voice of her father saying ‘hello.’
“What is it now, Mija?” her father asked.
“Mama, Papa, I’m going to be in a new movie! I went to an audition and they liked me! I’m flying out to Washington in a few days,” she smiled into the phone. Both her parents were quiet. She got worried that they would be displeased with her, but the happy scream of her mother discontinued her doubts.
“We’re so proud of you Mija! But we want you to be careful. Be safe. We want you to have fun while you have this experience, but you need to be alert with your surroundings,” her father lectured her as she could still hear her mother screaming in the background.
“I will Papa,” she rolled her eyes with a smile.
“I’m so happy for you! So, I’m going to see you on TV in a few months? All of those Hollywood boys will be all over you!” her mother gushed. Sofi laughed when she heard her father yelling about how boys will not be all over his ‘little girl.’
They quickly said goodbye so she could pack. She ran into the hallway and stopped, sliding slightly from wearing socks on hard wood floors. She dug through her closet, searching for her huge luggage she used whenever traveling. She chose the white ones that she splatter painted with bright neon colors so they would stick out in an airport. Sofi threw the luggage onto her large, messy bed. Just like her luggage, her bed sheets were splatter painted. She liked to involve her art in everyday things. She opened all of her drawers and threw her clothes into the open luggage, not even bothering to fold most of her clothes.
When she finally finished filling up her luggage at the most that she could, she collapsed onto her bed exhausted. She groaned when she realized something; what was she going to wear the rest of this week?

Sofia's pajamas
[A/N: Sorry, I couldn't find the luggage :[ but oh well.]
♠ ♠ ♠
Fourth update today. I'm going to be trying to put up all of the chapters that I've written already. I'm not sure, but comments would help me get the energy to put them up... Hint, hint.