Status: The End.

Come Back Down

Six

She pushed herself off of him.

“I should’ve never came back,” She said disappointedly.
“Charlie?” He nearly whimpered. She took her bag off the floor and slung it over her shoulder.

“This isn’t going to work,” She said right before she ran down the steps.


His eyes shot open and his breath was shallow. He quickly looked over next to him and saw that it was occupied. He let out a quiet sigh of relief before closing his eyes again and drifting back to sleep.

The sun peeked through the curtains, casting its rays over their faces. She groaned at the sun and squinted her eyes at the clock, which displayed eight forty on it.

Then she felt the weight on the other side of the bed shift.

Her eyes shot open and she jumped out of bed, letting out a very loud ear piercing scream.

“What the fuck?” He mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“W-Why are y-you in my b-bed!?” She stuttered, backing up slowly until she hit the wall.

“Charlie, what do you mean?” He asked, confused as all hell, “You told me to stay here with you.”

“N-No I didn’t!” She argued.

“Just come back and I’ll explain,” He said in a gentle voice.

Hesitantly, she walked back over to the bed and sat down, keeping a bit of space between them. John explained what happened last night and to his surprise, Charlie remembered all of it. But now the question was, why was she acting like she didn’t?

A quiet sigh blew past her lips, “I just had a dream last night, that you and I were at the lake and we were laying out on the sand. Then I fell asleep and you stayed there with me.”

She stopped at looked at him for any sort of reaction; he just nodded for her to go on. She averted her eyes to the bed sheets and started twisting her fingers in them, “So when I woke up, I was a little freaked out that you were there and that this wasn’t a dream anymore. I guess it was just because I thought I was still on the beach and you weren’t anywhere near me,” She drew in a breath, “But now, now you’re here and with me.”

She stopped herself and dropped the sheets, looking back up at him, “What are you staring at?”

A smile played on his lips, “Nothing. You’re just cute when you ramble.”

A light blush appeared on her cheeks as she smiled and began to play with the bed sheets again.

“C’mere,” He said, wrapping his one arm around her shoulders and pulling her in to his chest, leaning back on to the bed and rolling her on to his chest. He reached up and kissed her forehead.

“You are the cutest girl I’ve ever met,” He whispered and she blushed again, “I mean it.”

“You’re not so bad yourself,” She smiled.

His hands ran up and down her sides in a comforting way, moving all the way up to her shoulders and finally to her cheeks where he cupped her face and brought himself closer to her, letting their lips meet in a gentle kiss.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against hers, looking in to her eyes. She did the same, but soon pushed herself off of him and rolled off next to him on the bed.

“Did I do something?” He asked, praying that he didn’t screw it up.

“No,” She said with a weak smile, “You didn’t do anything.

He looked at her with a puzzled expression, “Then what’s wrong?”

She rolled over on to her side, “What are we doing?” She asked, “This thing between you and me. What is it?”

A goofy grin formed across his lips, “You could be my girlfriend and I could be your boyfriend.”

She returned his smile, “I could be.”

“Would you be?”

Yes.

And with that being said, he wrapped his arms around her torso and rolled her back on top of him, pressing his lips against hers once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.