Status: I didn't want a sequel for this, so I took it down :( Maybe later...

Tonight We Drink To Youth

Two.

Laughter echoed from the corridor across the room along with soft clicks and the small sound of wheels rolling across the laminate flooring. Everybody paused what they were doing and stared in the direction that the new noises were coming from. Usually at two in the morning guests weren’t just checking in, typically it was only the band and I creating a ruckus wherever we were without a third party joining in. Our gypsy lifestyle was becoming more and more familiar and these newcomers were throwing us off.

“Bloody hell,” Oli mumbled as he straightened his legs and raised himself off of Curtis. His plan to sneak attack Curt in his sleep was almost executed. The climax was just about to happen, I could almost picture the look on Curtis’ face when Oli finally let one go right on his face. He’s not a very heavy sleeper in the first place and no doubt our laughter would cause him to stir sooner rather than later, but that was all shot to hell now that someone was interfering with our group.

“That would have been fucking brilliant too.” Matt announced from his bunk with disappointment. His appearance made it seem like he was reading, but he saw everything taking place around him. Sneaky bastard.He was one of the ones that enjoyed the pranks the most just because he was never actually in them. He was neutral, Switzerland, and took no part in the jokes - therefore we didn’t pull anything on him.

The giggling and the clicking of shoes got louder as the trespassers came closer. Obviously there was more than one of them unless this girl was crazy and laughing at herself. Oli and I both let out identical groans as we heard another laugh, two girls, at least were fast approaching.

It’s not that we didn’t love having girls around, Oli especially took a special liking to them, but having them in the same dorm as us was a huge no. We valued our guy time with each other where we could do whatever disgusting habits we had without a squeal or being told to apologize for our rude behavior. Girls were famous for that shit, cutting down our manliness and covering it up with napkins on our laps and using the proper fork for appetizers.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know anybody else was in here or we wouldn’t have been so loud.” A soft spoken voice chimed.

Fucking great, manners were already being brought up.

Oli must have seen something he liked though. His whole posture changed as soon as she began to speak. He stood straight instead of leaning against the metal frame of the bunk bed and he dropped his arms to his side from where they were crossed in front of his chest. If a girl caught his attention I automatically got curious. Upon looking I could see the appeal that he saw in her.

She was blonde, right up his alley. Not super light blonde though like previous girls that he’s chased, more like a really light brown with lighter highlights. Her body was more than decent which is most likely what he saw in her first. The length of her shorts left little to the imagination while her one size too big tee shirt covered enough to keep wandering eyes wanting more. He was practically drooling at her as she set her purse down next to her suitcase which rested beside her feet. Better yet was the fact that she had an accent, American.

He claimed that he liked “exotic” girls and that’s why he started looking at some from different parts of the world. When we would tour he would always find someone to occupy his time, though I don’t know exactly how exotic an American is compared so some others. I wasn’t going to question him though, I knew deep down that he probably only wanted girls from far away so he could have no strings attached. That or he already hooked up with half the female population in Sheffield and word would spread quick about his latest hit.

The girl standing next to her is what caught my eye though. She was simpler than her friend with her more modest, yet still short, shorts and flip flops. She had a hoodie covering her top half and her hair brown hair was thrown into a messy bun with glasses resting on top of her head. Her eyes though were what really made the impact. Not gray, not blue, and not green, but still strong enough a color to reach me the whole way across the room and take my breath away momentarily.

This hasn’t happened since I met my last girlfriend. It wasn’t her eyes that got to me when I met her though, it was…other things.

“We weren’t doing anything anyway,” He shrugged. “Were we Matt?”

“Not at all.” I agreed just for the sake of avoiding a public argument. If this were a man Oli wouldn’t have given him the time of day. He would have gone off on a mini rant about how it was rude to just walk into our area whenever they felt appropriate and gone to bed in a mood while still bitching about how people need to realize who they’re dealing with.

He was slightly still immature for his age, we all were. The reality that we aren’t famous anymore hasn’t really sunk in with him yet. Getting whatever we wanted just because of our jobs wasn’t an option any longer.

“All the women’s dorms were full,” Oli’s interest explained with a hand on her hip and the other waving as she spoke. “So we were assigned to this one, I hope you don’t mind. Isa and I won’t be too much trouble.”

Lee and Matt were still cooped up in their bunks and too"in the zone" with the books they were reading to even care about what was happening. I’m sure Matt was aware of the new dorm mates standing there but he made no effort to acknowledge them, he liked to be mysterious. Curtis was still laying in an uninterrupted and un farted on sleep to witness the beauty that was only 6 feet away from him.

Oliver and I were the only contenders, and we both had our eyes on our prizes.