Status: I didn't want a sequel for this, so I took it down :( Maybe later...

Tonight We Drink To Youth

Three.

I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She was too hard to resist. Every time I would try to focus my attention of the something else she would move her toes or lick her lips, anything she did captivated me.

Oli and his current lust object were sitting only feet away from me engaged in what seemed to be a good conversation.
I wouldn’t know, I was too caught up in staring to hear any of their words.

From what I caught early on Clare, short for Claret, and Isa Eastham were sisters, not only friends like I originally thought. They left their home on the coast of Maine one day last week with only their luggage and a credit card, no destination. The general Europe area would work for them.

Clare was obviously the more outgoing of the girls. She never stopped laughing the whole duration of the conversation with Oli and she was quick to speak her mind.
Isa was the opposite. As soon as out introductions were over she dragged her suitcase over to the bottom bunk right next to Kean and whipped a book out of the front pocket along with an mp3 player. Without a word she pulled her glasses down to rest on her nose and curled her legs up towards her chest as she opened the book to the page she had dog-eared.

That’s where she remained, reading ’White Oleander’

I wonder if she would like my music.
I doubt screaming is her style.

Sometimes she would tap her fingers along the spine of the book and mouth the words of the song she was listening to. Her eyes would occasionally move back up the page to have a second look at what she just read -cementing every bit of it to her memory.
This intrigued me, the only think I’ve read in that much detail was the stack of comic books I had back home in Sheffield.

“So what did you do, Matt?” Clare asked. Hearing my name is exactly what I needed to be able to rip my eyes off of Isa. “In the band. Oliver was telling me…”

She tried to sound normal but I could hear the confusion in her voice. I should have known what they were talking about; I was only three feet away. But instead I only gave her a perplexed glance when she asked what I did.
To make it worse I was practically drooling in the general direction of her sister.

“Drums,” I cleared my throat. “I were the drummer, in the band.”

She smiled a smile that I’ve seen before. It was close to the same one that Oli got when he thought too much, when a “genius idea” popped into his brain and he insisted that it was the most brilliant idea that he’s ever thought up. Keep in mind that it usually wasn’t brilliant, at all.

“That’s interesting.” She sighed.

“Why? What’s interesting about it?” I asked. Oliver was smirking too.
Was I seriously that daft? Obviously they knew something that I was missing.

“Isa’s always had a thing for drummers,” Clare said as she chipped some of the glittery nail polish off of her nails slowly. “It was just an observation.”

I nearly pissed myself right there. Drummers, I always knew we were the sexiest in the band.

“Good luck though,” Clare continued and successfully brought me down from my high. “She’s a hard one to crack.”

Those words made me want her even more.
Everybody likes a little challenge, it makes the victory that much sweeter.
It’s game on as far as I’m concerned.