Status: Active

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Why

[Regine]

August 13. Airplane Ride. Sometime Later.


I felt empty inside. I couldn’t believe that my mood would change from excitement from seeing Jackson to emptiness so quickly. Jackson didn’t do anything. Nobody did anything. Except me, it was all my fault. You’re probably wondering what the hell I’m talking about.

*Flashback*

“No fair!” cried out Fernando. We were currently partnered up trying to see who can catch the most popcorn in their mouth, thrown by their partner. “I want a rematch!”

“How was it unfair?” Alex asked clearly happy that we won.

“’Cause…’cause…’cause…” Fernando basically kept saying that over and over again for about five minutes while he was trying to think of a good reason, well a reason. “Because…David has bad aim!” he finally finished, acting like a child.

“Hey!” David yelled. “I have good aim it’s just that you can’t catch popcorn with your mouth!”

“Yes I can! Throw another one I’ll catch it.”

David threw another popcorn towards Fernando and Fernando tried his best but failed. Fernando stared at the popcorn on the ground then looked back up at David. “I wasn’t ready!” Fernando said like a child.

“Yes you were! You said throw another one.”

“That doesn’t mean I was ready!”

“Yes it does!”

They’re bickering just went on and on. We were used to it. Alex and I continued to watch in amusement at their fight until my phone rang. I walked over to the corner of the room that we were in to answer my phone. You know how they say we have to turn it off our electronics and blah blah blah? Well who really pays attention to that? Hmmm?

“Hello?”

“Regine! Oh my god! I can’t believe it!” Our aunt’s voice said in hysteric.

“What’s wrong?”I said in a whisper but my brothers clearly heard it. Their heads snapped up and at the same time they all mouthed ‘What’s wrong?’

“Phil and John are dead.”

What? Did I hear her right?

“W-what?”

“They died, there was this bridge, and it broke…oh my god!” My aunt started to break down crying. I wanted to console her, I really did. But I just couldn’t even force myself to even speak.

*Flashback End*


If you’re probably wondering Phil is my aunt’s husband, and John is their son. He was only three years old! They had their whole lives ahead of them. And it just got taken away.

Why do bad things always have to happen to good people?
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Ooh! Why do you think she thinks it’s her fault they died?
3 comments = New chapter!

This chapter is dedicated to my friend who’s going through a really big loss right now. In this chapter, what happened to the family is true, it happened to my friend. It makes you see that you should really make every moment count with the people that you love because you don’t know when someone special will just be ripped away.