Too Perfect for Words

Meet me on Platform 9 3/4

I was past being anything but bitter now. I had lost the one person I knew I could fall in love with. The one person I was falling in love with. She was perfect but we all know this. She deserves the moon and I can’t give that to her. She deserves someone smart like she is and someone whose family isn’t tangled in dark arts. She probably didn’t even like me that way, I mean she probably thought we were just friends that wouldn’t really last too long once school started. She was probably just happy to have a friend, even for just a moment.

“Yeah that’s what she thought.” I whisper to myself as I straighten my tie. It’s my family’s annual en d of the summer dinner party. They had invited the usually people with a guest appearance from lord Voldemort. He was supposed to come and meet with the families or the death eaters before the school year started to insure that we all knew what we were to do. Of course I wasn’t really a part of any of this; I had to sit with the other kids as our parents had the meeting. There was a knock at my door, I took a deep breathe, plastered a sneer on my face and went downstairs with my mother.

I eat my dinner slowly with Goyle chatting to me the whole time about how his summer has been. Crabbe is talking to Pansy, who is sulking and throwing glances at me, and Blaise who is just sitting there with a haughty expression on his face. He thinks he is above Crabbe for some reason, I never really understood Blaise but his family is old family friends so I need to talk to him. I eat my soup slowly not really tasting it as my mind wonders to Luna.

Before I know it its time for the parents to have a meeting in the dinning room. All of the kids of the Death Eaters left, we sat down in my sitting room, which was decorated in dark greens, blacks, and silvers. I took a seat in a black leather arm chair that looked out over my garden. I saw a few of my fathers white peacocks strutting around my yard. I was so concentrated on them that I didn’t even notice when Pansy walked up to me and took a seat on the arm of my chair. I turned slowly toward her, my eyes dead.

“What do you want, Pansy?” I stare at her not really curious about her at all but trying to be a little considerate. After all Pansy could end up being the only person I can actually get to date me, I deserve someone like her, some one that is hideous inside and out.

“I just wanted to know why you aren’t with that Loony girl?” She has a smirk on her face as she stares me down.

“Her name is LUNA! And I’m not with her because we aren’t friends anymore.” Saying it out loud for the first time almost causing me physical pain, I take a deep breathe and turn back to the window. Pansy places her hand on top of my shoulder and grips tightly, her boney hand clasped on my shoulder.

“Draco, forget about little old Loony Lovegood, you deserve to be with me. I deserve you; it’s what our family would want. Just forget her, she clearly doesn’t want you or need you.” Her voice is low and menacing but I don’t care. It had no effect on me; it’s her words that kill me. I know that she is right, Luna wants nothing to with me but I still don’t want to hear it. I stand up with so much force that Pansy falls off the arm of the chair and lands with a thumb and a squeal on the floor next to the chair. I rush up the stairs and slam the door to my bedroom behind me. I quickly loosen my tie and fall back on my bed.

“Forget Luna, Draco. She doesn’t want you. She doesn’t want you. You don’t deserve her. She deserves the best and you are far from the best. Get over her.” I throw my head back on my pillow and take a deep breathe trying to relax. I thought I heard the small tink of something hitting my window but ignored it thinking it was my imagination. Then there it was again tink, this time slightly louder. I opened my eyes and stood up walking over to my window. I look around outside and didn’t see anyone, the yard was completely devoid of people and peacocks. Right as I was about to turn around I saw a flash of blond and turned back. Standing in the middle of my garden was the only person in the world I wanted to see. Luna Lovegood. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could with out making people aware that I was leaving. I went the back way out of my house and sprinted to my garden.

“Luna?” I asked the second I reached the edge of my hedge maze. I hear a pst from some where inside the maze and followed it.

“Luna?” I asked again, I received yet another pst. I followed it and finally found Luna standing in a pair of purple faded jeans, a shirt that had random planets on it, and high top converse. She looked amazing. I smiled at her widely as she looked around nervous. We were in the middle of the maze; no one would find us now unless they were looking.

“Draco, I’m sorry for not reading your letter. I had my dad put it back together and I had to come talk to you.” She is still looking down at her feet as I take another step closer to her. We are only a few feet apart and it’s still not good enough for me.

“It’s ok Luna, I don’t blame you. I think I should have just stayed there rather then leaving you. You deserve better then me. I just thought you aught to know how I really felt. Luna Lovegood, I think I love you.” I take a deep breathe and three more steps closer to her before I sweep her into my arms. I press my lips gently to hers and pull back take a step away from her. She still has her eyes closed and I watch as a smile slowly spreads across her face.

“I’ve wanted you to do that for a long time Draco Malfoy.” She takes a step closer to me and one more, her chest is nearly pressed against my own. She smiles up at me and stands on tip toes to press her lips to my collar bone. I shiver and lean down pressing my lips to hers just briefly.

“DRACO!! Draco are you out there?!” We pull apart as my mothers voice sounds from outside the maze. I take a deep breathe and lean forward to whisper something to Luna.

“Meet me on Platform 9 ¾.” I kiss her one more time before walking out of the maze in happy oblivion.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
do you like it?
i bet you do
this is the end of this story
i will start a sequel soon, either this week or wen i get back from vacation on Jan, 4th