‹ Prequel: Bitten
Status: Getting back on track.

Devotion and Desire

10 Pissy Hussy

*******************
Lilly’s POV

“William whatever your middle name is Beckett is a douche!”

Yes.

I, an adult, was having a temper tantrum.

You heard me.

A temper tantrum.

His voice drifted across the room, “Eugene.”

I looked at him confused, “What?”

“My middle name is Eugene.”

I didn’t even try to cover my laughter, “Are you serious?”

I paced across the room. He had brought me back up to the bedroom with out a weapon. So here I was defenseless and laughing at him. I was asking for a death wish. Though, I would take that over the marriage idea. Yeah, getting killed by an old strong person really makes up for marring William Eugene Beckett.

William sighed and crossed his legs over each other, “Very.”

“You sit like a chick.”

Yup. I was going to be mean, because if he got angry and wanted to kill me I could find a weak spot. So, I was going to go for it. Besides, it was the truth. He was sitting like a chick. It was kind of weird with the long legs and all that. I wonder if he would have been a model ever.

“You can try to tick me off all you want. You won’t get a rise from me.”

“Really? I would like to bet against that.”

He sat forward, “How much?”

“Fifty bucks.”

“If you win?”

I nodded, “Yup.”

“And if I, I want another kiss.”

I almost gagged, “Fine Beckett.”

His hand was out in front of him and I walked up to him. I shook his hand and he uncrossed his legs. I tried to pull my hand away but instead William pulled me onto him. He had released my hand and both of my hands found the sides of the chair near William’s head. I was almost in his lap and inches away from his thin lips.

“I don’t like kissing you.”

He had a playful smirk, “And why not?”

“Because once you kiss Pete there is no going back. He has the best lips and he’s pretty talented if I do say so myself.”

I could see the angry slowly fog William’s eyes, “Really now?”

“Mhm. See, your lips are boring. There isn’t anything special. Just boring lame nothing.”

He leaned forward and his lips almost met mine, “I wouldn’t fuck with a vampire.”

“Hey, if you get angry I get fifty bucks. It’s worth it.”

“Hmmm the only thing Pete can’t give you.”

“What? Money? Sure he can. He has a job. Have you forgotten he can go into the sun? That’s something you can’t do.”

He shrugged, “For now but at least I don’t have to work.”

“Yeah, I know. You get your money from people and the governor because he’s terrified of you.”

“No. We have an understanding.”

“Of what? A million bucks for safety of his family and closest friends? Or is it a mill for a head? It’s all blood money. You’re a fucking dictator. Though, unlike Hitler you just kill them. Tell me? Are you like the people who were involved with Nanking? Do you kill them in front of their families including the children and sleep with the women?”

William growled and shoved me away from him, “I am not a monster. I am a saint. I don’t kill people with gas and torture nor sleep with any women.”

I had fallen to the floor and I was on my butt, “No, you just rip their necks out and if you don’t touch them then your men do.”

“No. We kill to feed. We have never used a woman for her body. If they pick a woman they kill her. It’s orders.”

I glared at him, “And what makes you think they listen to that?”

“They are killed if they don’t follow rules. There are over 6 billion people in this country, I can find a replacement.”

I looked away from him. I wasn’t convinced. I knew he was a bad person. Though, with the way he acted it was like he was working for a more powerful source and was just trying to do his job. I wonder if that was it. I bet it was. I mean we did get gifts from people. I have to admit, we didn’t really know a lot about the Dandies. David knew some but not much.

I looked back at him, “You owe me fifty dollars.”

“I do not.”

“Yes. You got angry! You shoved me and got angry.”

“I wasn’t angry, I was annoyed.”

I huffed, “You were angry.”

He raised his voice, “I was not!”

I nodded to him, “See, you are angry.”

“If I was angry you’d be closer to death.”

I shrug, “Honestly, now that I think about it, you’re not much a threat. I know I can get away with anything.”

“Oh really?”

“Mhm, if I kicked you in the balls you’d still keep me alive.”

He chuckled and went back to his chair, “Go find your presents, some of them don’t last long.”

I got up and stuck out my tongue, “You owe me fifty dollars still.”

“No I don’t.”

I rolled my eyes and left the room. I might as well try to find a way out. Or at least a way to get a hold of Pete. Hell even Brendon. I was hoping they were worried about me. I hope they were looking for me. What am I saying? Pete would be coming for me.
*********************
♠ ♠ ♠
"Do what you like and everything else will fall into place." -Gabe Saporta in Salt Lake City during the Too Fast For Love Tour on May 22, 2010

Great quote from a great man. :)

Thanks for reading!

Please comment and subscribe.

Special thanks to the lovely people who left comments :D