‹ Prequel: Bitten
Status: Getting back on track.

Devotion and Desire

4 "You won't do it"

*****************
Lilly’s POV

I huffed. This was killing me. He kept trying to pin me to the ground. I guess to bite me or something. Right now he was standing five feet from me and his shirt was ripped. I nailed him with a letter opener.

He ran his finger over the cut and brought his finger to his lips. He licked it off and I stared in disgust. I stood up and switched hands. I kept a tight hold on it and he stepped closer, “I missed this.”

“What are you going to gain from this?”

He shrugged, “I need to turn you.”

I was fuming, “Then why haven’t you!? You’ve had plenty of chances!”

He laughed, “I like the chase.”

I waved the letter opener at him, “No, that’s not it. You won’t do it.”

“I will.”

“No, you’re afraid to! You think I’m going to end up like Pete. You’re afraid that I’ll be stronger then you. You’re afraid you won’t be able to control me.”

HA! Sucker! I got under your skin. He knew I was right. He shook his head but didn’t say anything. I started to laugh at him, “Then do it. Turn me! Right here right now.”

He lunged like usual. I was forced to the ground with such force it hurt and his fangs were barred. He won’t do it. He forced my head to the side and he leaned closer. I felt the pricks and waited for it. It never came.

“Nah, I’ll wait.”

He pulled away and I looked up at him with a serious face, “Exactly. You just proved you wouldn’t do it.”

The bottom of his left eyelid twitched. I smirked; I wasn’t the only one who played games. I reached for the letter opener and shoved it deep into his shoulder. He let out an un-human sound and got off of me. I scooted away and he stood up.

He slowly pulled it out and threw it across the room. His shirt was pretty much soaked in his blood. I wasn’t going to go weak on him. He hurt to many people I know. He closed his eyes and I took the opportunity to stand up. He opened them and his eyes seemed redder. He was getting hungry from the blood loss.

And I was his only option.

The nice thing was him in a weakened state meant that I had a fighting chance or a chance at that.

******************
Pete’s POV

“Lilly?”

I knocked again, “Lilly! Answer me!”

Again I got nothing. I opened the door and walked in. Steam was everywhere. I slid the shower door open and only found running water. I reached in and turn it off. What the hell? I walked out and went into her our room. Nothing.

“Lilly?”

I walked around the house and found nothing. I went over to the kitchen with all the guys. She wasn’t there either. Brendon looked at me and I knew he saw my panicked face that I was trying to hide.

Brendon stood up and everyone stopped talking. They looked at him and to me. He tilted his head to the side and searched through my thoughts. His eyes dropped, “No…”

David looked at me, “What?”

“Lilly is gone.”

David stood up with such force his chair slid backwards and hit the wall. I was sure there was a dent in the plaster because of him. David clenched his fist, “HOW?!”

Patrick shook his head and stood up, “Let’s gets some tools and go search.”

Brendon grabbed the chair David was sitting on and threw it across the room, “Ok, I’m good now.”
*****************
♠ ♠ ♠
*****************
Thanks to all of you guys...it means a lot to me when you comment.

*****************