‹ Prequel: Bitten
Status: Getting back on track.

Devotion and Desire

7 "Oh come on! There's not even an "h" in that word!"

**********************
Lilly’s POV

Ok I won’t lie. I really wanted that ravioli. I'm not going to try to hide it. I mean one kiss wouldn’t hurt. It really wouldn’t but then again I’m kissing old William. Though, I was slightly afraid that if I got that close to him. He might do something else other then kiss.

But I really want the ravioli.

“Fine, you have your deal.”

The famous sadistic smirk crept onto William’s face. He tilted his head to the side and mumbled a soft, “Really?” before moving closer. I nodded and he let the hand with the ravioli raise above his head.

I sighed and stood next to him, “You need to bend over so I can reach.”

He shook his head, “You’ll be fine.”

I glared and I stepped on the tips of my toes. I let my hands rest on his shoulders so I could keep balance. I didn’t like being this close to William. Not my idea of a good time.

I pressed my lips against his and I heard the can hit the counter. Next thing I know one of his hands is wrapping about me while the other is forcing my head closer. My head was screaming at me to get away but he wasn’t letting me. His invading tongue broke past my barrier and I groaned lightly. I preferred my man over him. I finally got the chance to pull away and William leaned his lips against my cheek.

“Mmm. Worth it.”

I thought that was a question to me but I think it was more to himself. I felt disgusted. He released me and I backed away. He smirked and turned to the counter. I heard the lid being pulled back and he reached for a bowl. He found one and returned to the can. He let the can empty into the bowl.

I turned away from him and started heading out of the kitchen. I walked into the living room and I found that it was set up like my living room. I grabbed the remote and turned on the T.V. I set the remote down and sat down on the couch.

The news was on. It was the local news. Mostly talking about more missing people. Oh a bank robbery. That’s something new. Aww damn they caught them. Oh well. I grabbed the remote and changed the channel. Ah! Family Guy! All is good now.

“Here.”

William handed me the bowl of ravioli with a spoon. The bowl was slightly hot. I grabbed a pillow from next to me and let the bowl rest on it. William plopped down next to me and looked at the TV. I ate slowly. It tasted so damn good.

It was almost worth it.

*********************
Lilly’s POV

William had taken my bowl away and returned with ice cream. For some weird reason I had the thought of him fatting me up to eat me. Kind of a scary thought. I had finished my ice cream and I placed the bowl on the near by table.

By now American Dad had come on the television. I was an old fan but I wanted something else. So I started flicking through channels.

“Humans have changed.”

I looked at him, “What?”

“They’re not as tight as they used to be.”

“It’s because you’re old and you can’t hear half of what they say.”

“Oh shut up.”

“So…”

He looked at me with a slight smirk, “So…?”

“How long am I on house arrest for?”

“This isn’t house arrest.”

“Yes it is! I can’t go anywhere and I’m stuck with you!”

He started to be dramatic, “Because I’m so horrible.”

“You ARE horrible!”

I growled and stood up. I didn’t want anything to do with him. I grabbed my bowl and made it back to the kitchen. I shoved it into the sink and I placed my hands on the sink. I needed to get out of here.

“Hun, you’re not leaving.”

“You said that last time.”

William has come up right behind me and leaned against me. He placed his hands near mine on the sink. I was now trapped in between him and the sink. Again not my idea of a good time. Why do I keep getting myself into these situations?

“You’re a trouble magnet.”

“Obviously!”

He let out a light chuckle.

“Let me go. Can’t you go after some other chick?”

“No.”

“And what was that vile you had?”

“It was your brother’s cerium.”

“His cerium doesn’t explode!”

“Ah…” He backed away from me and I turned around, “Unless you change it.”

I looked at him puzzled, “What did you do to it?”

“You’ll see soon enough.” He started to walk away, “Now, come on. To bed.”

I put my hands on my hips, “If you think for one second I’m going to crawl into bed anywhere near you you are sadly mistaken.”

He rolled his eyes, “You honestly think I’m going to share a comfy bed with you? Funny.”

He walked past me and I just stood there. He kept going down a hallway talking his time. I sighed and I started to follow him. He turned the corner and I kept my pace. When I made it around the corner he had disappeared. That’s nice!

I was now in a new hallway with doors on each side. I saw one slightly open. I tipped toed to it and opened it slowly. Never in my life had I seen a room so big. Where does William get all of this money? Seriously?

“Governor.”

I jumped as William’s voice spoke in my ear, “Why does he give you money?”

His lips moved to my other ear, “So I don’t eat his family.”

“And he hasn’t located some kind of hunter to kill you?”

“This was years ago.”

I turned around and faced him, “So, whose room is this then?”

“Yours.”

I nodded my head and pushed Beckett backwards. Him being a vampire only moved an inch, “Then go.”

“No, 'thank you'?”

“No, because I’m trapped here!”

He smiled, “Go over to the table. There are a few things for you.”

He turned and left. I closed the door and noticed it had a lock. I locked it. Not that William couldn’t break through it or even just appear in here. Though, it did make me feel safer. Not by much but a little is good.
****************************
♠ ♠ ♠
**********************
Thank you guys! I love the comments they make my day.
Hoped you guys like the update!
I made it nice and long for you guys!
Please comment and subscribe!
**********************