Status: Active

Of Rage And Love

And It's Time You Knew The Truth

Tunny left Christian and Jimmy sitting on the grass. As he made his way into the house and up the stairs, a knot of panic and dread started to form in his stomach. He stopped, with his hand on the bedroom door. As he finally found the courage to open it, he saw Rach. She'd fallen asleep waiting for him to get back. He stood in the doorway, watching her.

The only light in the room was the light from her iPod, which she still had on. Her head rested in the crook of one arm, which was in turn resting against the pillow. Her other arm lay across her body, her fingers tangled gently in the headphone wire.

He crossed the room, settling himself cautiously on the edge of the bed. He reached over and took the headphones out of her ears, casting a glance down at the iPod as he picked it up so that he could turn it off. She'd fallen asleep to 'For Tammy Rae' by Bikini Kill, and that brought a sad smile to his face.

Tunny wouldn't wake her up to tell her. He couldn't bring himself to.

Instead, he moved so that he was on the bed properly, and lifted Rach so that she was leaning against him. She shifted in her sleep, cuddling closer to him.

He kissed the top of her head, and then tried to get some sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
One Of My Lies; Green Day; Kerplunk!