We Might Find our Place in This World Someday

Dance Dance...

So here we stood in the performing arts center practicing a dance. A very difficult one.

"I don't think I'm ever gonna learn this," Raven whispered to me. I just smiled at her. Not trying to brag or anything. But I had been dancing since I was little and trying to learn this was a breeze.

"Okay lets start again, Cordy....Cordy you need to be up front with Jacob," she replied. Jacob was this kid in our class who was casted as Troy Bolton. He was nice I guess fairly cute just definitely not my type. He was funny as hell though.

I shrugged and walked over to where he was. He just smiled at me. The teacher started the music for the dance. In case you were wondering it was the song 'What time is it?'

Every so often dancing I would look at Raven. Poor girl she just was not getting it. Once we were done. The teacher announced what dance number and scene we were gonna rehearse tomorrow. I was actually excited. But who wouldn't be.

"Gawd I'm horrible. Maybe I should just turn the part over to someone else," Raven replied grabbing her bottled water.

"No, you better not. You earned this part. Come over and I'll help you practice. It'll be easy," I replied grabbing my bag.

"Will Gerard be there?" She questioned eagerly.

"Uh like I know and or care," I replied back walking away.

"Bah," was all she replied back with.

"Hey girls," we heard Jacob question us.

"Hey," we both replied back.

"Whatcha up to?" he replied walking with us.

"Nothing, much. We're gonna rehearse more of the dance at my house. Poor little Raven isn't getting it," I replied back she just pouted.

"Oh, cool," he replied back.

"Oh oh. you should come to so we can all practice," I replied back.

"I'm with that." He replied pulling out his phone "just gonna let the 'rents know,"

We walked to my house talking about the musical, dancing a little. My moms car wasn't there so she was probably still at work. We walked inside the house and put our stuff down.

"Geezus its hot in here," she replied "It felt better outside,"

"Yea your right. Sorry my mom doesn't believe in Air conditioning when no ones home. Come on i'll get the stereo and we can practice outside," they nodded and went into the backyard while I grabbed the CD and stereo.

I plugged it in and started the song. Raven sat in the back considering it wasn't her part to dance yet.

We decided to go through the whole song before trying to show her again.

"Ha ready...just turn to look go...Summer!" Jacob replied with a feminine voice making us laugh.

"Summer!" I replied and so did raven. We were laughing till Jacob had to sing his part. We were acting out our parts.

+++++++++++

Hour later we finished our practice and Raven finally got it down. She was happier than a pill popping squirrel.

"Woo Wildcats!" We heard someone yell. Sure enough it was Gerard and Frank. They had been watching us the whole time.

"Curse you wretched people," I replied walking over to the fence.

"That was pretty impression. Never seen two girls...such as your self so excited in dancing to music like this. And getting the dance numbers correct," Gerard replied.

"Uh huh," I replied rolling my eyes.

"Does this mean our wildcat gets to wear pastel colors?" Frank questioned.

"Yes, yes it does," Gerard replied with a smirk.

I shook my head looking at Raven and Jacob who were just staring at us.

"By the way, your mom called me to tell you that she's going out of town this weekend so you'll be on your own. See I was a bit worried about that. But after seeing you now. I have nothing to worry about...hey frank what time is it?" Gerard replied.

Frank looked at his watch. "Hmmm...it's summer time," He sung. Gerard and Frank laughed. I just reached over and pushed Frank off the fence. Seeing how he was pretty darn short he had to stand on the fence in order to talk. "Hey, not nice,"

Gerard laughed. "Well, either way. I'll be watching you," he replied with a smile.

"That doesn't sound creepy at all," I replied walking away.

We all walked back in the house. Jacob and Raven started up a conversation about Frank and Gerard. I just ignored them and got on the computer.