Status: alive, being updated when I make the time

Under Pressure

Wanted: Dead or Alive

“Clear!”

“She’s still flat-lining; again.”

“Clear.”

“Still nothing; try again.”

“Clear!”

“She’s back, heart rate is at…”

I opened my eyes and I could only see blurry figures above me. I was just at peace, and then suddenly the pain came back more intensely than I remember it ever being. After a few minutes I realized what had happened; I died. The voices I was hearing were the paramedics. My vision was clearing and I saw Simon's’ hazel eyes looking down on me.

“Hey, thank goodness you’re okay; for a while there I wasn’t sure if you’d make it. Man, you’re one hell of a fighter; at the warehouse your heartbeat and breathing stopped, I was afraid he was going to get away with killing someone else.”
I was about to answer, but an explosion went off inside my skull all I saw was black.

time lapse

I awoke in a sterile hospital room, with various machines and monitors surrounding me in the empty place. I looked across the room and someone at a counter with one of the cabinet doors open. I looked at my arms and I immediately panicked; the doctors had an IV in.

“What the hell is that?” I yelled, and the doctor turned around in shock; they probably thought I wasn’t going to wake up.

“It’s just an IV...” I reached for the needle and was about to pull it out when his hand stopped me.

“You can’t take that out; you need it medication.” My head started to pulse; the pain was coming back.

“Like hell I can’t; the last IV I had was… trying to kill me.” He moved my hand away and took it out himself. He walked back to the counter and started writing something down.

“Your still going to have to get those meds, I’ll go-” I heard alarms going off and rushing footsteps as I fell back into my bed with lightning going off inside my head.

James’ POV

What the hell happened?

I was watching the live feed; everything was happening that should’ve. She was loosing it; I could hear her cries from my headphones. Then she jerked up, and you could hear car doors in the background. It was only 30 minutes from when I called; they were about 20 minutes too early. I planned it out for a reason; she was supposed to die as soon as they arrived. This has never happened before; my plans always went as they were supposed to. I’m going to have to get to her, and finish the job; that bitch is strong, and she’s going to pay for that.

I guess its time to pull out my medically advanced friend out of the trunk.

The hospital, Antonia’s room

I woke up in the same room, but with Simon and another doctor in sterile suits.

“Hey Antonia; you gave us a scare there, we almost lost you again.”

“How are you feeling?” The doctor said; his eyes were wide and worried.

“How do I feel? I feel beaten, abused, and like I’m about to burst into flames.” I glared at him; how the hell should I be feeling?

“Antonia, I’m sorry but there isn’t a way to treat this.” I felt my eyes burn, but I held back the tears.

“What? There has to be something you can do?”

“They are only holding back the inevitable. As of right now there isn’t anything we have that can effectively beat this thing.” I bit my lip; after everything this couldn’t be happening.

“But you have the biochemical, can’t you…”

“The lab is still trying to find out what’s in it; it’s extremely complex.” My eyes were brimming over but I bit my lip harder, I couldn’t break down now.

“No… he can’t get away with this, not after the 46 others.”

“Antonia, I know it’s hard, but we might be able to catch James with your help. Could you tell me what happened to you; from the top?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So...

What do you think? We're just about there; at the end..

But I have alot of written material for a sequel.

Anyone have suggestions for a title?

COMMENT!

-rh