Status: Somewhat Active - updated once a month...?

My Story

I'VE OFFICIALLY GONE CRAZY

“- So then – hahahaha – then - then - “ Eylan’s practically cracking up in laughter.

“Then..?” I prompt, watching him with my eyebrows raised with curiosity. It’s been a long time since I last heard him laugh.

“ Then, obviously Henry lost the bet.”

“So you mean – “

“Yup. He had to eat the yellow-tailed newt.”

“No. Way. You mean he ate the whole thing in one bite?” I gape at Eylan in disbelief, who has just finished recounting some random tale from his childhood as we lie on the grass catching up.

“Uh-huh.” Eylan nods in agreement, smirking at the horrified look on my face. “He did magick it into the size of an ant before dropping it in his mouth, but still. He had a stomachache for the rest of the week.”

“Oh my god eeewwwww!”My face contorts with disgust as I fake-puke into the grass. “Now that is just disgusting. Guys are sooo weird.” I shake my head in mock disappointment.

“Hey, it’s not like we do that every day!” Eylan exclaims indignantly. “We were just bored that day. At least we don’t sit on a little wood chair and embroider little hankies and chatter softly like the girls do when they’re bored.”

“HEY! I’m a girl too, and you don’t see me doing that when I’m bored.”

“You're weird, that's why.”

"I'M NOT WEIRD!"

"Uh-uh, yes you are. I mean, who sits in the forest everyday to read books, when she could be busy chatting with friends and having fun embroidering?"

"YOU DO THAT TOO!" I point out indignantly.

"Yeah, but I'm not a girl." Eylan shrugs his shoulders in nonchalance.

Aargh. The nerve of him.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I demand, jumping to my feet and shooting daggers at him.

“Huh?” Eylan gazes back at me calmly, putting an innocent look on his flawless face.

“Aargh, you little – never mind.” With a sigh of defeat I plop back onto the grass, glaring at the smirk that seems to be permanently pasted on Eylan’s face. Asswipe –

Wait.

What time is it now? Erm… According to the tree shadows, about 2 quarters to dinner. Okayy…

Wait what?

Oh damnit, I’m going to be late. Oh holy crud. Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit. I jump up hurriedly, brushing invisible dirt off my uniform and preparing to run full-speed back to academy. Someone jumps to his feet and grabs my arm. What?

“Eylan! Let go! I’m gonna be late for dinner!” I panic, trying fruitlessly to wrench my arm out of his grip. Wth. I swear he’s been working out. Since when did his grip get so strong?

Hmmm…

Ah damnit, not the time to be thinking such thoughts.

But still…

NOT THE TIME.

Seriously. Don’t you think he’s been working out?

I SAID IT’S NOT THE TIME TO BE THINKING INAPPROPIATE THOUGHTS! Can’t you wait till I’m safe and sound on my bed or something?

Aha! That means you think of him in bed.

Now that is just wrong.

Sicko.

Oh really? As if you aren’t.

So?

NOT THE POINT HERE!

Like I care, little human.

Oh so then if you're in my brain than you're not a human?

Duh.

AAH I HATE YOU BRAIN.

You like it, don’t you?

Like what?

You know faking dumb doesn't help your image much right?

Shut up brain.

Hmm… What if I don’t then?

I said shut up.

“-have to go?”

What?

Eylan stares expectantly at me, obviously waiting for an answer. To what? I am so going to kill you later brain, or conscience or whatever weird thing that’s talking in my head. First things first – what was he asking? Ohh…

“Dinner. You know, the last meal of the day that you cannot miss unless you want to wake up in the middle of the night in a scary castle and risk a week of detention and practicing curtsies? Yeah.”

“Oh. The princess academy thing. Yeah. Okay. Erm. I guess I’ll just go then.” Something flashes over Eylan’s face, but before I can register what it is it’s gone, replaced with a blank look. He turns to untie Midnite from his makeshift tree-post and gets ready to jump on.

Wait what? He’s just gonna go like that?

“Hey Eylan wait!” I call frantically as he pauses mid-step and turns to look curiously at me.

“Yeah?”

“I – erh – what – erm – uh - Seeyoutomorrow?”I finish in a rush. Wth? Since when did I stutter?! Eylan either doesn’t hear the difference, or doesn’t care as his face lights up in ethereal joy.

“Yeah okay.” He gives a breathtaking smile, and I feel a flush slowly creeping up my neck.

“Same time, same place?” I try my best to ignore the slowly rising blush, cocking my head to the side in question.

“Yeah, I’d like that.” He smiles softly and mounts Midnite, trotting slowly away. He turns over his shoulder once, and waves a hand lightly at me, but before I have time to react, he is gone, leaving me staring blankly at his shadow looking as red as a tomato. What the hell..? I NEVER BLUSH! Nor do I stutter.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Oooo~ you like him.

Yeah right. Sure, brain, sure. And of course pigs fly.

Hey, you never know. Maybe you've just never seen them yet.

Yeah sure, because of course there are flying pigs in the world out there. YEAH RIGHT. Last time I checked, I DIDN’T EVEN TALK TO YOU!

Touchy much?

W. H. A. T. E. V. E. R.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Hey, where did you go? I looked all over the place!” Harriet furrows her brows in worry, taking in my flushed looks and mussed up hair. Something suddenly lights up in her eyes. Whatever she’s thinking, it most definitely isn’t anything good. Oh dear, I wonder what she’ll come up with-

“Oooo~ You went for a secret tryst!”

WHAT?

“Eeeewwwww NO!” I am speechless for the second time today. Where the hell does she get those thoughts?

Though you wish it were, didn’t you?

Shut up brain. Your “advice” is not needed currently.

Ever heard of freedom of speech? Yeah.

Curl up in a corner and die brain.

Gladly. But don't forget if I 'die', you'll die too, brain-dead human.

What - oh yeah. Right. FINE WHATEVER BRAIN YOU WIN. HAPPY NOW?

Of course. DUH. I mean, obviously. I'm your brain, hellooo? Stupid question-asking humans.

Yeah and modest too.

“With whom?” Harriet continues asking, either not hearing my (super-loud) outburst, or deciding to ignore it.

“Huh?" I stare at her blankly. Harriet flashes me a 'WEREN'T-YOU-LISTENING-TO-ANYTHING-I-WAS-SAYING-exclamation marks x 100' look. Ohhh…

"NO ONE, Harriet. Pssh. All I did was take a walk in the forest and fall asleep.” I mean, I wasn’t technically lying, since I did take a walk and I very nearly did fall asleep. Before I bumped, literally, into Eylan (or rather, his horse), that is.

“You seriously read so many romance novels that your brain’s turned into a pile of mush.” I rolled my eyes. This is starting to get way overrated.

“Hey! I’m not stupid okay!” Harriet glares at me murderously.

“Jeez Harriet, chill. I never said you were.”

“BUT YOU IMPLIED IT!”

“I didn’t – ah forget it. Why is everyone so dramatic these days? First Eylan, now you – “

“What? You mean you got back with Eylan?” Harriet gapes at me.

“Huh? What? Oh. Crud. And by the way Harriet, THAT SOUNDED TOTALLY WRONG.” I slap my forehead with my palm and flopped onto the bed.

But you like the sound of it, don’t you?

If you don’t stop talking Brain, I will personally gag you.

Lalala~ Like I’m afraid. -sticks out imaginary tongue childishly-

Does anyone have a hankie or something?

Jeez okay fine I’ll stop I’ll stop! Don’t need to get so worked up man.

Aargh! I am going crazy. Stupid tree-branch-that-i-banged-my-head-on.

“OH GEE! LOOK AT THE TIME!" I point frantically at the clock in panic. " Shouldn't we be going for dinner? Yeah okay I’m hungry. Bye.” I scoot off before Harriet starts interrogating me.
♠ ♠ ♠
MEH. it's been a while and it's my birthday, so.. HERE YOU GO! xD
'tis horrible, though. -.-

(and good luck reading the stuff - the brain speak's supposed to be bolded and what not, but.. *winces* -.-)