Status: Progressing (slowly, but still)

Blood, Sex, and Cocktails

7 - Mind Eraser

It was always a pain in the ass to drive myself home, but it meant I actually got to go home instead of Jazz's house. Eric couldn't come near my place - it was absolutely saturated in the scent of Fae, thanks to my damned Air Pixie cousin, Chastity. I knew well enough what kind of effects Fae blood - even the scent - could have on Vampires.

The phone call from Fauna didn't really make everything clear, but did give me a general idea of what was going on tomorrow night.
See, tomorrow night would be the anniversary of the day Fangtasia was opened - Fauna couldn't even tell me for sure how many years ago it was. She didn't care about what or why we were celebrating, just how. Fauna is a partier, not to mention a party-planner. She loves to create fun and excitement and joy, so she had been having a lot of fun putting this party together.
Even that wasn't talked of all that much. She gave me pretty basic instructions to come by with the restock as quickly as I could after work because they wanted my help setting up - decorations, specialty items, blah blah blah. Doable.
On what Fauna did focus the vast majority of the conversation was 'what's up with' Eric and I. I made the fatal mistake of sharing with her. I just told her about the quick peck on the cheek I gave him and the stray thought I caught from Pam. The latter was a really stupid thing to tell her.
'So,' I asked myself, 'what is up with Eric and I?'
Was there actually something there? I hadn't thought about it before.
...
He had always treated me especially well, and I can't say I don't feel anything when I think about him. Then there was that. Not only can I feel, but I do feel. No one else has ever given me that.
'Eric is an attractive man,' I told myself. 'So sue me for noticing. But, what is he like beyond the superficial?'
He manipulates people.
He shows no real sensitivity toward any other human's feelings...or any Supes', either. Just me.
He roped Sookie into her current position in his vampire dealings. But, of course, he had yet to try the same thing on me.
He's messed with Sookie's and Bill's relationship plenty.
He...um...? What else was there, really?

So, Eric wasn't perfect. But, he treated me differently even before he knew about my gift, so he wasn't just kissing up.
He calls me by 'my Destiny'. I actually don't mind him calling me Destiny, which is another first in my life. Even my family learned to call me Dez once I could speak coherently enough to ask them to do so. In fact, I find Eric's name-calling habit sort of...cute.
He seems to have relatively good morals for a vampire. He's pretty honest, fair, and all that jazz. Maybe his manners aren't as crisp and perfect as Bill's, but frankly I find Bill's manners annoying. For god's sake, man, you're undead! Loosen up!

So, maybe I did have a bit of a thing for Mr. Tall, Blonde, and Dead. But, he's my boss, not to mention boss to every vampire within about three counties.
Also, he's a Vampire. What would that be like? I mean, I'd never even thought about being with a Vampire. What differences might there be? How okay would I really be with that?
So, I don't think the chances of Eric and I getting together any time soon were all that great. He kind of seemed more like a Vampire who would have a human than one who would have a girlfriend.