Status: Guess Who's Back? ;)

A Way With Words

So Check it out, I wrote it down

Drea looked out the window as she picked up her guitar. She felt empty, raw, completely and unbelievably lonely. She knew that what ever business trip story they had been telling people, it was all a lie. She knew deep down the things they would be doing because it was what she had seen so many times before. Drea always seemed like this tough, confident, person who wasn't afraid to speak her mind. in reality her personality was one she created to let out what she felt, without people knowing the truth.

Flashback

Since she was five years old she had sensed something wrong with her parents. her mother worked late, her father did too. Countless babysitters were hired to keep her company. She noticed the way her father would come home in a weird and happy mood as he wobbled around acting like a small child. She had noticed the way her mothers shirts were never buttoned the right way, but she had left home with them on right. There was no family anything, just mommy with the weirdly button mysterious shirts, and daddy with the new attitude and bloodshot eyes. By the time Drea was old enough to comprehend what really went on, it was too late to save anyone.

" Mom, I'm home!" she yelled as she swung her backpack to the couch. she sighed as she tiredly climbed up the stairs. She noticed the articles of clothing leading to her mothers room. She rolled her eyes as she picked them up one by one. she must of had another I can't find my clothes tantrum this morning she thought as she shook her head and picked up the thrown articles of clothing. as she neared to the bedroom she picked up the last shirt sock as she opened the door slightly. " Oh God! Oh....Right there!" she dropped the clothes as the two adults looked her way. Twelve year old Drea had finally found out what had been happening since the time of her birth.

" Drea honey I'm sorry." whispered the woman as she ran her fingers through her hair. " How could you do this to dad!" She shouted tears forming in her eyes. " Oh give me a break Drea!" The woman shouted as her open shirt revealed her lingerie. She puffed smoke form the cigarette nervously as she ran her fingers deeper into her hair. " This is nothing new. Your father does the same damn thing, all of this has been happening before you were born."


Tears threatened to fill her eyes from the memory, but there was no point in that, nothing could change the past. She looked down at her guitar as she strummed. Music was her best friend, the only thing that made her feel like she was worth something. And then came John. Her entire childhood she hated him, but it was at that year, Twelve years old, that she had realized, she needed John. When she wanted to fight, he'd give it to her, and boy would he give it to her good. e made her frustrated, help her get her mind off parents. He was always there to make her live miserable, giving her the chance to do it right back. She grew fond of John, although she would never admit it. She looked down at the lyrics she had written so many years ago. She knew exactly what they meant, she knew exactly what she was supposed to feel, but being Drea, she refused to admit it.

" Dude, You're so damn lucky" Muttered Eric as he stared straight forward, beer in hand, dirty thoughts in mind.
Six boys stared straight forward as Drea sat in the guest room, Guitar in hand.

"But you'll never notice
all the words are all but lies
guess you'll never notice
that I'm screaming on the inside
won't you stop listening to words
and read the story in my eyes
I may be crazy but I ...."


She stopped mid sentence as she noticed the small audience in front of her. She almost dropped her guitar as she gasped and blushed like crazy. She avoided all eyes directed towards her as she bit her lip in embarrassment. Damn you Mrs. O, you promised no one would be home until midnight. " You're really good, why'd you stop!" Shouted Eric as he almost dropped his beer in the process. " Dude that was..phenomenal, completely, am i the only one?" he asked a bit crazed as his mouth was slightly opened from the goofy grin he was giving.

" Agreed. Is that your own song?" Asked one of the boys she recognized to be Nick Santino. She stuttered a bit before nodding and avoiding everyone's eyes again. " That was great, wasn't it John?" He had never seen her like that. Completely blushing and less confident than usual. He had found a weak spot, one he had been looking for, for the longest time since he had met her. Pushing all true feelings inside he smirked as he spoke. "Great? an orgasm is great, that was shit" he said laughing slightly as she boys looked at each other.

He felt himself feel ashamed as he looked into her eyes. She looked undeniably hurt. Her lip trembled slightly, but as quickly as he saw it, it was gone. And the same old Drea came striking back ready to make him feel even worst about himself. " Funny, I wouldn't reckon that you would know. Just remember Cornelius, you're as fake as the moans you make and a complete excuse of a living thing."

Garrett whistled as he gave her a proud smile. " You got owned man, completely bitch slapped, and whipped, owned." the boys laughed as they walked out of the room all laughing and muttering their own boyish comments as they ran down the stairs. John looked over at Drea. There was no way in hell he could do this for a full summer, no way in hell he could keep acting as though she was the devil underneath his roof. either make up your mind, or make up more excuses John he thought to himself as he looked over at Drea.

" I Didn't mean..." She cut him off as she walked closer to him covering his mouth with her hand. Beyond the stone cold glare she gave him he could see the complete raw emotions. " Just remember one thing Cornelius. Just remember who got you somewhere in life." She muttered as she tried to conceal, but failed miserably, the squeaking in her voice.

And he did. He remembered that night more than anything. The only time Drea and John had ever been civilized.
♠ ♠ ♠
60 readers
15 subscribers
3 stars
9 comments

though i'm lacking on the comments.... I love you guys!!!!

heres an other chapter that actually I kind of love. :]

tell me what you think will happen,feedback, anything. I want to hear it.

- rainie