Caring for Isidore

Going Out to Lunch!

"Dora, Dora, Dora the Explorer! Come on, Bamanos! Everybody let's go, I know that we can do it!" sang Isidore, watching her favorite TV show. I smiled, and boy am I glad I have a sister like her. Ever since our parents died, I've wanted someone to hug and kiss and cuddle with, and Isidore is perfect for that! Not that I am using her...

"LEAH!" She yelped after noticing I was standing there. "Can we go to McDonalds? I wanna Happy Meal and I wanna go on the PlayLand!" She threw her arms up, hoping that I'd comply. I raised my eyebrows a bit. She knew what that meant. "Please and thank you." she squeaked, grinning. I nodded, and she ran around the room cheering 'Micky Dee's! Micky Dee's!' I laughed.

"Calm down, Bunny...I'll have to go to the ATM to get some money first though." I said, walking towards her. I saw that she was getting super nervous. "What's wrong?"

"The...rug...was..moved..." she spat out. I immediatley straightened out the rug. If one thing was out of place, she'll throw a fit like a little child not getting any ice-cream. Actually, it wasn't an 'upset' fit, just a nervous breakdown, I guess. I sat down by her, hoping to calm her down. "Can I sit in the front seat?" she asked, still nervous about the rug being out of place. I nodded again, and she smiled.

"Come on, Izzy. We'll have to go now if you want to go on the PlayLand." I said. "Hey, maybe Danny will be there!" Danny was a very nice man that works at Mcdonalds with Downsyndrome. Even though he wasn't supposed to, he snuck an extra toy for Isidore in with her Happy Meal. I saw Isidore run out of the door with her stuffed dog that she took everywhere: to the park, to McDonalds, to the movies, and to the library and more. I made sure the door was locked, and I ran to my purple pickup truck. I started it, and heard Isidore burst out crying in hysterics. "What's wrong?!" I ask, very alarmed. Of course I didn't see a reason why she'd be crying, but it was obviously something that was making her cry. Tears streamed down her face.

"LeeLee....C-Can you fix the n-napkins sticking out of t-the..." she was thinking of the word. "that s-space?" she pointed to where I kept plasticware, napkins, paper plates, cups, and 'extra' things. I quickly stuffed it back in as she closed her eyes.

"There." took out a napkin and handed it to her so that she could wipe her eyes. "You okay, Bunny?" She nodded sorowfully.

----(at McDonalds)

"DANNY!" Isidore screeched, many of the employees smiling. "How are you?" she asked, leaning up against the counter.

"I am fine, Isidore. How are you?" he asked, patting her on the head.

"I'm good. Can I please have a Cheeseburger Happy Meal, Danny?"

"Yes you can." He looked down to ring it up, poking at the keys. "What do you want, Leah?" he asked me smiling.

"Oh. A Big n' Tasty meal with regular Coke, please." I smiled. "Thanks Dan!"

"No problem!" he said, returning to poking the keys. I turned around to let Isidore know that she could go into the play area. She darted off in no time as I took out my purse and handed him a 10 dollar bill. He smiled. "Hey, Danny. Can you drive?" I ask.

"Of course! I am 17, one year older than Isidore!" he proudly stated.

"Cool. I was wondering...well, there is this party going on at Carly's house, and I was hoping you could take Isidore.I think she wold be really bummed if she didn't go." I smiled. Carly was my old roommate in college that I introduced Danny to.

"Oh, yes! Yes I will!" he cheered. "I do not want Isidore to be sad!" he pushed up his glasses and smiled again.

"Thanks. Could you come tomorrow at 3:00 in the afternoon? It starts at 5:00, but I want to help get you two lovebugs ready." I say, laughing. I hear Isidore come through the doors.

"What's going on, LeeLee?" she asks.

"Oh, nothing. I was just talking to Danny." I lie. I know she'll thank me later.

"Okay. Let's go!" she said, pulling my arm towards the door. I grab the tray of food, and sit down. She knows the rules...you eat before you play.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't wait to write the next chapter! Danny and Isidore together? Awww! *swoons*