Caring for Isidore

Isidore's Wish is Granted!

"1,2,3,4,5," I count. Isidore and I are playing Hide 'n Seek, our favorite game to play while we aren't busy. "6,7,8,9,10! Ready or not, here I come!" I look in the cupboards, behind the shower curtain, under the computer desk, and in both of our closets. Nothing. "Isidore! Come out. I can't find you, Bunny!" I look into the living room to find my sister crawling out from behind a giant planter. It made sense, since she was wearing a green tee shirt and brown cargo pants. "Man, Bunny. You are a great hider!" I say, squeezing her shoulder to mine. (she is as tall as me, and I am 5 feet 4 inches.)

"Hehe. My turn to count, LeeLee!"

"No...I think we've played enough." I said, looking at the clock. 2:46. It was almost time for Danny to be here.

"Let's play dress up with your clothing!" she exclaims, tugging on my wrist. I nod. She needs to get dressed anyway, and I'll help her with her make-up too. We enter my room, and she runs towards my closet, picking out a purple dress that looked like it was from the Renaissance period. She clomped around the house with my beloved Louis Heeled shoes, and she turned around to see me wincing. "What's wrong, Kitty?" she asks. Kitty is the nickname she gave me after I started calling her 'Bunny'. She said that I needed a cute baby animal name. Isidore is so funny!

"Nothing." I say, bringing down my make-up kit. She gasped.

"MAKE-UP!" she squealed, clapping her hands like a little kid getting another scoop of their favorite ice cream.

"Yup...someone special is going to come over, so I want you to look your best! I'll get dressed up after you. He is coming over at 3:00 or so." I raised my eyebrows and grinned. She is so going to thank me.

"Who is is?!" Isidore asks, "Is it Auntie Marge? Uncle Vern?" she pauses. "HENRY?" Henry Blackly is our cousin that love Isidore to death.

"Nope," I reply, bringing an eyeshadow applicator up to her eyelid. "Stay still, Bunny." I swiped some purple eyeshadow across her eyelids. "Gorgeous." I say, sitting back. The doorbell rings, and Isidore starts to get up. "Stay here!" I yelp, running to the door. I fling it open, and praticaly pull Danny in and hug him. "Thank you SO much! She is in my room, getting ready. We are almost done. You can give the flowers to her when she comes out. Ok?" I say, pointing to the couch. "Make yourself at home."

"These aren't for her! I know you like Marigolds. This is yours. THIS is hers." he said, holding a bundle of roses out. I am touched.

"Thanks Dan." I whisper, giving him another hug. "I'll be back!"

I come into my room, seeing Isidore put makeup on herself. I half expected to see a clown. Nope...Isidore put on her own make-up beautifully. Light pink lipstick, black eyeliner, Mascara, and a little bit of foundation to even out her skin tone. I gasped, awestruck that she did that. "That is GORGEOUS, Izzy!" I grab her hand, leading her into the living room.

"I wish I could go to that party at Carly's! Carly is so pretty!" she says while slowly walking into the living room. "Dan? Why are you here?"

"Your wish has been granted. Do you want to go to Carly's party with me?" he asks, pushing up his glasses and handing the roses to Isidore. "You are pretty in that dress!

"Well, you're pretty in that suit." she says, blushing. All of us laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww. I love it. I'll write some more maybe tonight! Thanks for reading!