Sequel: Draco Malfoy and Me
Status: Completed

How Can You Love a Mudblood?

Introduction

"What the hell?" screamed my mother. I ran to the kitchen as fast as I could to see what the matter was.

There, on the counter was an owl. An owl in broad daylight no less! And it was carrying a letter!

I walked up to it, and it stuck out its leg, expecting me to take the letter from it. I carefully took the letter from the owl, and in a flash, it spread its wings, and was gone.

"What is this nonsense, Theresa?" cried my mother, putting a hand on my shoulder.

We looked at the letter. It was addressed to me. Apparently, some school called Hogwarts had wanted me to go there for my first term.

"But mum, I already go to another school!" I complained.

"Hush, read the rest of the letter," said my mother hurriedly.

"I'm a what?" I shouted. "A witch? How could that be possible? And they want to teach me magic at that school? Mummy, I really don't want to go!"

"Darling, I know this comes at a shock, but we tried to keep your "special abilities" secret..."

"You knew I was magical?" I asked my mother.

"Well, when you were born, you had pitch black hair on your head," my mother explained. "But the next day, it had turned blonde! And the next, blue! And, well you see where I am getting at... It also helped that on your first birthday, a man named Albus Dumbledore came to our house, and explained to me that you were a witch, and you were to go to his school to learn how to control your magical abilities..."

"But he neglected to warn me of the owls!" said my mother, clutching at her heart. "Gave me a downright scare that did! Thought it was going to strike at me!"

"Well, I guess it would be fun to go to this school," I said, smiling a bit. "Place where no one knows me, and I could excel just as easily as I did in public school!"
_______________________________________________________________________

I was nervous and excited as I boarded the Hogwarts Express. I walked through the carriages, and then settled on an empty one. I sat down, and began to read my book.

The door slid open, and a boy with pale, blond hair entered. I looked up from my book, and the boy's icy blue eyes pierced right through my body.

"Can I sit here?" asked the boy quietly. "I just needed to get away from the crowds..."

"I don't mind," I said, returning to my book.

"You like to read?" asked the boy.

"Why, yes, is that a problem for you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Well-"

"Good, then let me read in peace!"

"I was about to say that... I also like to read..."

I put my bookmarker in my book and closed it, looking back at the blond boy.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Draco... Malfoy," said the boy. "And yours?"

"Theresa Smith," I replied, holding out my hand for him to shake. Draco took my hand, and kissed it.

"I shall call you Tessie," said Draco, winking at me.

"And I shall call you Draco, because I like your first name," I replied.

"Fancy that," smiled Draco. "You are probably the only one who will ever call me by my first name. Mother only calls me that when she is mad or upset at me..."

I laughed, and Draco moved closer to me. I could see the beautiful specks of grey in his blue eyes now, and saw that his once pale skin was now turning a light pale pinkish color. "What's a pretty girl like you sitting in a carriage by yourself?"

"I'm new," I said. "I've never been to, er Hogwarts, is it?"

"Oh, you must be a foreign exchange student!" said Draco. "I've always wondered what the other schools were like. But, mother and father insist I study here at this school. Pity really..."

"Well, I guess you could say that," I said, shyly.

"So, which is it? Durmstrang?" chortled Draco. "I highly doubt that. They only let dark witches and wizards in their schools. And ugly ones at that. You must be from Beaubatons, but funny, you're not French..."

"No, I'm not from either of those schools," I said, blushing. "I went to-"