Sequel: Draco Malfoy and Me
Status: Completed

How Can You Love a Mudblood?

Disappearance

His lips met mine, and we shared a long, gentle kiss. "THERESA?" gasped Luna.

Draco and I broke apart. "What are you doing here Draco? This isn't the Slytherin common room!" cried Luna.

"As if I couldn't have figured that out," sneered Draco.

"Draco, be nice to Luna!" I said, hitting him lightly. "She's my friend. You will show her some respect."

"Theresa, everyone is going back to their dorms now, if he is seen here by anyone else, there will be trouble..." Luna said to me in a hushed voice.

"Draco, I don't want you to leave me, but it seems you have to..." I trailed on. "Goodbye my love."

I kissed him, devouring his mouth, and he pulled away, and left me with Luna.

"You love Draco, don't you Theresa?" asked Luna.

"That I do, with every fiber of my being. My heart is his, and his heart is mine."
_______________________________________________________________________

It was a boring Sunday afternoon. There was nothing to do, but sit in the common room, watching the rain pound against the windows. I sat up in my poster bed, looking over my spell books, and trying out several spells.

"LUMOS!" I cried, and my wand lit up, its light lit up the spell book's pages. "NOX!" The light went out, and I closed my spell book. There was only so much practicing I could do and I had spent most of the morning doing so!

I looked out the rainy glass window, and saw a shadow moving across the grounds. A boy ran across the grounds, drenched by the rain. His blond hair was plastered to his face; he wore a black cloak, and had a look of nervousness about him.

'Where is Draco going to?' I wondered to myself, watching him disappear into the Forbidden Forest.

I turned back to my spell book, and started on a new spell. "Orchideous!" From the tip of my wand exploded a dozen beautiful red roses. I rummaged in my trunk for a vase, and placed them there. "Aguamenti," I said, pointing to the vase, and it filled with water. I placed the vase down on my dresser.

'Roses, the most beautiful flower,' I thought to myself. 'Yet they are dangerously beautiful with their thorns. Like Draco...'

I didn't see him at dinner, nor did I see him around the castle that day. I couldn't hear his thoughts that well. All I could catch were brief thoughts:

'God Tessie, I wish I could be with you right now...'

'He's angry now... he might just kill all of us in the room.'

'He's getting stronger now, and since he is a good Legilimens, he might try to find a way to hurt me in order to do my job... I won't let him read my mind! I won't risk putting Tessie in danger...'

"Theresa, what's wrong?" asked Luna. "Is it Draco? You know, he is a downright scumbag. What did you expect? He is up to something... why on earth isn't he at supper?"

"Luna, hush," I said. "You must keep it a secret that we are together!"

"You can trust me, but how do you know you can trust him?" replied Luna, slamming down her goblet, spilling pumpkin juice everywhere.

"Here, SCOURGIFY!"

The mess cleared in seconds, and Luna looked back at me. "I don't want you to get hurt. Draco has this reputation of being a bad boy, and with him being a Death Eater and all..."

"I can handle myself Luna, I am not a child," I said angrily.

"You do not know the wizarding world as much as you think you do!" said Luna quietly. "Books won't tell you what lies in store for you. Books won't tell you what is going on in the present."

"Luna, I'm not some air head who doesn't look before she leaps," I said, getting up from the table. "I know I have to be careful, and I will be. If only you knew the Draco I know, you would feel different about things..."

Luna sat with her arms crossed as I left the Great Hall. The ceiling, I noticed had begin to thunder, and lightening flashed overhead and outside. As I climbed the staircase, I grew more and more worried for Draco. Was he okay? What was going on?

From behind me, I could hear the squelching sound of wet shoes. There was the ever present sound of dripping water, and I turned around to come face to face with a very drenched Draco. He sneezed several times, and began to cough uncontrollably.

I quickly took him to my dorm, and sat him down on the bed. "Lay down Draco," I said, pointing my wand at him.

"You aren't going to hurt me are you?" he asked, whimpering slightly.

"No, watch." I moved my wand over his entire body, and in an instant, his wet robes had dried. "Much better now!"

"You really are the brightest witch of your age," said Draco smiling up at me. "That's one of the things I love most about you, your brains."

I smiled, and rummaged in my trunk. I pulled out a small bottle of Nyquil and some cherry cough drops. "Drink this; it will help you feel better."

He choked as he tried to get it down his throat, and looked at me glaringly. "Trying to kill me?"

"Well, I must admit," I responded. "It is ghastly stuff, but do you want to get better or not? You are going to have to trust me." I popped a cherry cough drop into his mouth, and he began to suck on it.

"Mmmm! I like this stuff! Is this a muggle concoction?"

"Yes," I said to him. "The muggles you loathe so much made the Nyquil and cough drops. I dare say, they are much better than what you think..."

I sat on the bed next to him, and watched his eyes flutter as he drifted off into sleep.

"Damn," I cursed out loud, realizing what I had done. "I gave you the one that puts you to sleep!"