Sequel: Draco Malfoy and Me
Status: Completed

How Can You Love a Mudblood?

Draco Tells Me Where He Went

I locked my room, and slept next to him on the bed. I made sure no one would be able to unlock the door but me before I blew out the candle, and went to sleep.

Draco slept like a baby, but his fierce coughing woke me up several times, and I held him close to me when this happened, and tried to go back to sleep.

The sun shone through the window, and I moved my covers over my head to block it out. I could feel Draco stirring beside me, and all of a sudden, he jumped up with a start.

"Tessie!!! What the? How did I? Did we-"

"Calm yourself Draco..." I said drowsily. "We did not have sex number one, number two, you are in my bed, number three, you were deathly sick last night and I took you in. Where did you go yesterday?"

Draco lay back in the bed, and rolled me over to face him. "Tessie, you do not want to know what had happened to me... I was summoned at the Dark Lord's call, and I HAD to go! He is getting stronger and stronger. He wants me to kill someone at school, but I CAN'T DO IT! He is going to find a way to make me do it, I know he is! He will take you, and he will try to make me kill or else you will die or be tortured. I can't let that happen Tessie..."

My mouth dropped open. His hands brought me closer to his warm, shaking body. "Draco, you're scaring me..."

He put his arms around me, and rocked me in his arms. "Shhhh. Everything's going to be okay Tessie. I won't let anything happen to you. But we have Defense Against the Dark Arts class today. Come, why don't you go change into your uniform and meet me downstairs in the Great Hall for breakfast? You look like you could use a nice cup of coffee..."

I got my wand out, and unlocked the door, peering to see if anyone was up yet. Luckily, there was no one there, everyone was still sleeping.

Draco snuck quietly out of the portrait hole, and I ran back to my dorm to get dressed. I put on my white buttoned down shirt with the Ravenclaw colored tie and a neat black skirt. I wore my black Ravenclaw robes over everything, and walked downstairs to the Great Hall.

Apparently, everyone had a late night last night, and there were very few people in the hall. I sat by myself at the Ravenclaw table, and tucked in to some scrambled eggs and toast.

"May I sit next to you?" asked Draco. He stood next to me wearing a white shirt with the Slytherin colors on it, black pants with a black Slytherin robe over it all.

"Yes, come, sit next to me."

He sat down slowly, and began to eat as if he hadn’t done so in a thousand years.

"Draco! Jeeze, are you hungry today or what?"

"Mmmphhmmmfmmmmphhh" said Draco with his mouth full of food.

"Honestly, you are eating like you haven’t had a decent meal in a long time..."

"HE doesn't need to eat, so we don't," said Draco, swallowing. I immediately understood what he meant, and nodded, dropping the subject.

We ate in silence, but underneath the table, he was playing footsie. I snorted into my coffee as he began to rub his leg up and down mine. He then put his hand on my leg, slowly gliding it up...

"Watch where you put your hands!" I yelled at him, swatting them away.

"Oh come on Tessie, you know you enjoyed it," he whispered into my ear. I gave him a stern look, and then finished my coffee, and walked to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, hand in hand with Draco. Surprisingly enough, we were the first to get there, and I noticed that Professor Lupin wasn't there.

"Strange Lupin isn't here," I said, looking around. "I wonder where he is..."

Draco sat towards the back of the classroom, and I choose to sit towards the front so no one would catch on that we were an item. Soon, students began to pour into the classroom, and still no sign of Lupin.

"Hi, erm- can I sit next to you?" a girl with bushy brown hair asked me. "My friends Harry and Ron have decided to sit towards the back of the class, but I would rather sit towards the front. I'm Hermione Granger, who are you?"

"Theresa Smith. Nice to meet you Hermione."

"Oh my God! THE Theresa Smith! The only known person to ever be placed in a third year class because you could perform spells at O.W.L. level?"

"Um... does everyone know that I'm the school braniac?" I asked reluctantly.

"Oh no, not too many people care about that sort of thing! But me, I was dying to meet you! You are practically the smartest witch in the school! I mean, we should study together, hang out..."

"Whoa, please slow down," I said, trying to understand everything she was saying. She said it all so fast!

"We are going to be great friends, I can see it now," sighed Hermione. "So, not that it matters, I'm curious about your blood status."

"Muggleborn," I whispered.

"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!" shouted Hermione loudly, and two boys, one red haired and lanky, the other with black hair and a scar on his forehead came running up towards her, wands drawn.

"Are you messing with her," said the red haired boy, pointing his wand to my throat. I looked over at Draco, and his fists were clenched.

"Theresa is a muggleborn like ME!!!!!!!!!" squealed Hermione, and the red haired boy lowered his wand.

"Women..." he muttered, and returned to his seat.

"Sorry about that, Ron sometimes is a bit protective of his friends," said the black haired boy with the scar. "I'm-"

"HARRY JAMES POTTER!!!!!!!!" I shouted, almost passing out in my chair.

Harry jumped a bit, and then put his hand to his scar, trying to hide it. "Yep... that's me, old scar boy..."

"I'm Theresa Smith, big fan of yours. Know all about you of course. Who doesn't? If ever you need someone to help you fight the Dark One, I will help you gladly..."

"Erm, thanks Theresa. I appreciate that."

"Anytime. Has anyone ever told you that you have the most beautiful green eyes?"

Harry stuttered, and then walked back to his seat, unable to speak.

As soon as I turned around, the door opened, and in walked a sallow faced man with black hair. He wore black, billowy robes, and strode forth, flicking his wand, making our school books come out and slam onto the desk.

"TURN TO PAGE 394!"