Sequel: Draco Malfoy and Me
Status: Completed

How Can You Love a Mudblood?

The Lesson

"Who is that?" I whispered to Hermione.

"That's Professor Snape, Potions teacher! I wonder what he is doing here. Lupin must be ill then!" No sooner had she spoken when Snape slammed down his book as if to ensure the class would be deathly silent for him.

"Why aren't you turning to page 394?" barked Snape, and the class immediately began to turn to the page.

"Werewolves?" I cried, shuddering. "Ew, they exist here in this world?"

"Contrary to your beliefs, they do exist miss... Ah! Theresa Smith! The new girl. Apparently brains can only go so far..."

I turned a shade of crimson red, and sank back into my seat. I tried to control the tears that were coming to my eyes as best I could. I buried my head into the book, trying not to say another word to provoke Snape.

"Now, tell me, how many times does a werewolf transform a year?"

My hand and Hermione's shot up. Snape looked around, and saw this. "Hm... this shall be interesting. How about you miss Smith."

"Werewolf, from the Latin were, meaning man, transform only 12 days out of the entire year. They can only transform when there is a full moon. And the moon waxes and wanes every month, but there is a full moon only once a month!"

Snape's face started to drain, and everyone in class looked at me all strangely. "Excellent, ten points to Ravenclaw," said Snape.

I sighed, and continued to take notes on the werewolf, wondering why he was teaching this to us.

After Defense Against the Dark Arts class, I hadn't been able to hang out with Draco. I only saw him in class, and in the Great Hall for meals. He and I flirted from afar, and he would blow kisses my way when people's backs were turned.

Hermione and I met in the library several times a week to study, and she even once brought her boyfriend Ron!

"Okay Ron, what is the difference between monkshood and wolfs bane?" I asked.

"Erm- I dunno," said Ron, busily staring at Hermione's chest. "Boobs?"

"The real boob here is you!" said Hermione, blocking her chest with a book. "For your info, they are the same damn plant Ronald Weasley! They also go by the name of aconite!"

"Correct!" I said. "Honestly Ron, why bother studying if you are only going to study Hermione's anatomy!?"

Months passed by, and I still hadn't talked to Draco. He kept glancing at me, and sending me sweet messages.

'I love you Tessie,' he would think to me. 'I wish I could be with you... but things are getting worse and worse with HIM.'

I tried to keep my head held high, but at times, I would cry myself to sleep, yearning to be with him. It was so hard to watch him pretend he was dating that awful, beastly Pansy girl! He didn't realize how it tore me up inside. I should have been the one with Draco's arms around me; I should have been the one who made out with him, not ugly Pansy! It practically killed me inside when I would see them walk the halls. Draco would look over at me, and would smile, but I would always give him a sad look, and walk away.
_______________________________________________________________________

I sat in the empty common room late one night, gazing into the fire. 'Why do I still love Draco?' I asked myself. 'He is just a boy! Why can't I get over him? Why do I constantly think about him? Why, why, why, why?!?!?!?!'

I crumpled up a blank piece of parchment and threw it into the fire. In a flash, the fire glowed green, and I gasped. There were two arms dangling in the fire. I reached out to touch them, and in an instant, I was pulled into the surprisingly cool flames.

I felt my body zoom around, spinning like a top, and then I shot out of an empty fireplace, covered with charcoal.

"BIND THE GIRL!" shrieked a cold, high voice.

In an instant, a rat-like man came over to me, and bound my body with rope using his wand. I wriggled, trying to reach my wand, but it was no use.

"Now, we shall wait for the Malfoy boy to come..." said the voice, pulling the rat faced man to his side.”Come Wormtail! Give me your arm!"

I watched in horror as I saw the other man raise the sleeve of the rat faced man, exposing the Dark Mark. He pressed his finger on the mark, and it immediately began to squirm on his arm! I almost upped and retched at the sight!

The other man then began to trace the letters D-R-A-C-O into the rat faced man's arm.

Soon I heard his thoughts in my head: 'Great, HE has summoned me now! I can't even take a wiz without being interrupted!'

I tried not to laugh at Draco's slight humor. 'I hope he is in a better mood than last... I wonder what he wants from me now...'

'Believe me Draco,' I thought to myself. 'You don't want to know what will lie in store for you when you finally reach your destination!'