Sequel: Draco Malfoy and Me
Status: Completed

How Can You Love a Mudblood?

Christmas

I ran all the way back to the school, not knowing or caring what happened to Draco. Tears burned in my eyes as I approached the portrait hole, muttered "unicorn tail," and went to my dorm.

I flung myself on my bed, and sobbed into my pillows. I felt a hand on my back, comforting me. "Shh, what's wrong Theresa?" asked Luna.

I sat up, and hugged Luna tightly. "Oh Luna, I'm so sorry for being so rude to you! You were right about everything! I should have listened to you!" I told her how I was abducted, and how Draco saved me, and then almost raped me in the Forbidden Forest. Luna's eyes were wide.

"Oh Theresa, you could get in so much trouble for that! That's an Unforgiveable Curse! I'm surprised that no one has had you expelled!"

I sighed. "Luna, I know I was very foolish to do that, but he always gets me so worked up all the time! I just wanted to put him in his place... But then there are times when he can be so... nice, and sweet, and caring. That's the Draco that I love, and the part of him that no one else sees but me."

"Listen," said Luna, comfortingly. "I know that we do not pick and choose who we love, but if you can, try to get over him. There are plenty other nice boys in school besides Draco..."

I thought to myself, 'It would be like trying to stop breathing, or stop eating... I would die if I had to do that.'

Luna left me with my thoughts, and went to bed. I fell asleep, tired from all the crying and pain I had faced.
_______________________________________________________________________

"WAKE UP THERESA!!!!!" shouted Luna, jumping on my bed. "It's CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!"

Indeed it was, a few weeks after the incident with the Dark Lord, it was Christmas Day. I got up, and groggily looked at the foot of my bed. I HAD PRESENTS!

"Merry Christmas Luna! Yahoo! I got presents!" I cried, bouncing up and down on my bed like a child.

Luna began to unwrap the present that I gave her, and began to squeal with delight. "A nargle catcher!! Thanks Theresa!"

Actually, it was a butterfly catcher, but what was the difference? It was purple, her favorite color, and it had her name on it written in gemstones.

"Oh Luna! It's absolutely charming! Thank you." I cried, holding up the necklace that she gave me. It was a silver necklace with a glowing Ravenclaw charm on it.

"It is supposed to protect the wearer from harm," said Luna smiling. "But the user has to be a Ravenclaw, obviously."

"Oh look, mum has sent me some presents!" I said, noticing the new t-shirts, jeans, and various other goodies that she normally gives me for the holidays. "But who sent me this?"

There was a package, wrapped very badly among my other presents from my other family members. The wrapping paper had the school crest on it, and I began to open the package carefully.

"Chocolate frogs? EW!" I shrieked, throwing them on the bed.

"No, they aren't real frogs," said Luna, picking up the package. "It's bewitched chocolate in the shape of a frog, and yes, it does hop around in your stomach. That's the best part about them. They also come with a wizard card..."

I looked back at the package. There were several boxes of the stuff, and-

"OH MY GOD!" I squealed. "A FREAKING AQUAMARINE RING!"

I immediately put it on my finger, and gazed at it. Someone must have known it was my birthstone, and one of my favorite gemstones.

"Who sent it to you?" asked Luna.

"Oh! I found the card!" I cried.

"'Tessie, I wanted to apologize for what had gone on between us a few weeks ago. I was wrong to force you to do something you didn't want to do. You sometimes get me so fired up, I just lose control... and everyday I think about that moment, and regret what I did. Please accept my apology, and I hope you will be my date at the Christmas Ball. Sincerely, Draco'," I read out loud to Luna. I sighed. "Luna, I should forgive him. We didn't do anything to me, he stopped before anything happened. I should see him at the ball tonight..."

I rummaged around in my closet, and pulled out my pale lavender dress. I had sent an owl home to get it after getting the notice a few days ago.

"I'm going to be Draco's date," I said to Luna with a smile. "He wants me to meet him by the Grand Staircase. Well, I better prepare for the ball!"

Luna left me to change. I put on my dress, and I curled my hair. I put on some silver eye shadow to enhance my beautiful brown eyes, and when the time came, I walked out of the Ravenclaw dorm with people giving me compliments on how nice I looked. I headed for the Grand Staircase, took a deep breath, and began to slowly walk down it.