Sequel: Draco Malfoy and Me
Status: Completed

How Can You Love a Mudblood?

The Fight

After a while, I remembered that the dance would soon be over and everyone would soon be coming back to their dorms. "Draco, you have to go soon," I said, making him get dressed. "You will get in so much trouble if you are found!"

Draco got dressed quickly, and I sat back in bed, blushing slightly as Draco winked at me. He kissed me goodbye, and then left for the Slytherin dorm. I quickly put on my soft pajamas, and curled up in bed, falling asleep as soon as I turned off the light.
_______________________________________________________________________

After that moment on, Draco became a better person. He stopped picking on the first years, refused to call anyone mudblood, and began to study with me for class. Imagine that, Draco STUDYING! Scared me a bit, I can tell you. We became a bit closer than we were, and we saw each other more and more now. He didn't care what others thought anymore, and practically punched out Blaise Zabini one day.

"Hey Malfoy, what's a pureblood like you doing with a piece of mudblood hot ass like Theresa?" said Blaise at the Slytherin table one day during supper.

I looked over, and saw Draco turn red with anger. "Shut it Blaise," said Draco, defensively.

"Sorry, didn't know you had a soft spot for the mud-"

But in an instant, Draco threw Blaise to the floor, and started to beat the crap out of him. "You-will-not-call-TESSIE-that-ever-again!" cried Draco, hitting him with every word.

Professor Snape pulled him off Blaise, and then whisked Draco away from the Great Hall. I grew hot with embarrassment when everyone in the Great Hall looked at me, knowing that Draco had just defended my honor.

I got up, and walked out of the Great Hall, trying to avoid the thousands of eyes that were staring at me.

As I walked into the hallway, I heard voices, and hid behind a statue of a witch to listen.

"Draco, you know that you almost killed Zabini back there!" said Snape, shaking him. "You know that the Dark Lord does not allow us to be around anyone but purebloods. You will get yourself or the girl killed, do you want that to happen boy?"

"I can do whatever I like, and you are not the one to talk!" spat Draco. "Playing Dumbledore's pet, and then running off to Voldemort, pretending that you are still loyal to him. You know, there is going to be a day when you have to pick a side, which one will you choose?"

"Never you mind about me, but you know dear Draco," said Snape slyly. "I am very close to your father, and if I just happen to tell him you are dating a girl who is not a pureblood... Well, I would just hate to see the look on your father's face."

"You wouldn't," said Draco nervously.

"Oh, I would," said Snape. "You can hang out with the girl, but if you get too close to the girl... Well, you told me what happened to her a few weeks before Christmas..."

"Yes, I don't ever want to repeat that little incident ever again," replied Draco.

"Then you will do as I say, got it boy?"

Draco nodded, and the two of them walked back to the Slytherin common room together.
_______________________________________________________________________

I respected Draco's decision to be friends, but the both of us knew that we loved each other. And it killed both of us to not be able to be a couple. But that was the sacrifices we made for our love.

Poor Blaise was really hurt, broken nose. I felt bad, but when I tried to apologize to him, he walked away from me. I guess you can't change everyone...

It was the day of my birthday, March sixth. My room was covered in balloons, courtesy of my mom having an owl fly them in from home. She was starting to get used to sending an owl as a way to send mail now, and it surprised me how she would send me things every so often by owl.

Mum brought me some sweets, a new sweater, and a new purse. Luna got me a charm bracelet with the blue and silver colors of Ravenclaw on it to match the necklace she gave me for Christmas.

Draco wanted to give me my present in person, so I met up with him in the library to study.

"Tessie, happy birthday," he said, kissing me on the cheek. I blushed something fierce, and I opened the envelope he gave me.

"OMG! DRACO!!!!!!!!!!" I squealed, making Madam Pince come over to yell at me.

"This is the library miss! That means you must be QUIET!" she hissed at me.

"Tickets to see the Quidditch Match of Bulgaria vs. Ireland!" I said softly. "Oh, Draco! A real match! I've always wanted to watch you play, but with all of the hard classes..."

"I know, you are busy," said Draco smiling. "That's why I want you to come to the game with me. It's the last week of August, just before school, so I won't interfere with your holiday."

"It’s perfect," I sighed. "But aren't you going with..."

"Mum and dad?" said Draco. "Well, I can lie and say you're a pureblood..."

"And when they ask me where my parents are or what do they do for a living?"

"We will lie and say that they are busy at work in the ministry, Smith's a common name you know..."

"And when your dad goes to one of the ministry workers and asks about me..."

"I don't know, and I don't care Tessie!" said Draco seriously. "Just come with me to the game, and I will sort it all out with my parents."

"Ok Draco, I will go with you to the game..." I said, giving him a hug. "Thank you for this nice present for my birthday. I really appreciate it!"
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS STORY IS NOW COMPLETE. The next book in the series will be up and running soon. Promise.