Sequel: Draco Malfoy and Me
Status: Completed

How Can You Love a Mudblood?

Detention With Draco

I finished my supper in the Great Hall, and said goodbye to Luna as I left for the Charms classroom. I had beaten Draco there, and Flitwick turned to me and smiled. "I want to see what you are capable of, Theresa. Take out your wand please."

I took my wand out of my pocket, and twirled it around in my hands.

"Since you are early, I want to see if you can master this spell," said Flitwick, taking out a goblet. "This spell is a summoning spell. All you have to do is say ACCIO and then add the object you want to summon. In this case, it is ACCIO GOBLET! Give it a try, this is not so very advanced, it is only a year or two above your level..."

I looked at the goblet that sat on Flitwick's desk, and pointed my wand directly at it. "Accio goblet!" I cried. The goblet zoomed into my hand, and I grasped it with trembling fingers.

"My heavens!" cried Flitwick. "You must try another spell, something more complicated... let's try something even harder. Now this spell is a bit too advanced for you, but please try your best at it. This charm is on your O.W.L. exams, which you take at your final year of Hogwarts. It is a banishing charm, and the incantation is EVANESCO!"

I looked at the goblet in my hand, and with determination, I put it on Flitwick's desk, and said "EVANESCO!"

In an instant, the goblet was gone! Flitwick began to jump up and down with glee. "Well done Miss! Very well done! I shall have to speak to the headmaster about moving you up into higher classes. With your brains, you should be leaving school in no time!"

There was a movement somewhere in the background, and then Draco Malfoy came out of the shadows. I knew he had been watching me with a sickening feeling in his stomach because I was brand new to the school, and even he couldn't perform like I could with three years of extra learning behind him.

His face was white as a ghost, and he walked slowly into the room. "I've come to serve my detention, sir," said Draco quietly.

"Sit, Mr. Malfoy," said Flitwick motioning to an empty desk next to me.

"My dear, hold on one minute! I am going to run to Dumbledore and tell him what you have just done! Watch the boy, and make sure he doesn’t leave, understand?"

"Yes sir," I said quietly, as he left the room.

No sooner did he leave when Draco got up from his seat, and made his way towards the door, but I blocked him. "You are not to leave, you heard what Flitwick said!"

"I am not going to be accosted by some filthy mudblood!" cried Draco, trying to push past me. "Let me go!" But a voice inside my head was telling me something different.

'I cannot stay with you... I fear if I stay, I might betray to you my love for you...'

'Well,' I thought to myself. 'It is a little too late for that since I can hear your thoughts dumbass!'

"I won't let you go!" I said, slamming him up against the front of the classroom. I put my wand against his throat, and he chuckled to himself.

"You do not know how to use that thing!" he laughed. "What makes you think I fear a mudblood who doesn't know how to cast a proper spell to commit harm to someone!?"

But I could hear his thoughts in my head: 'She could kill me right now... I could tell her the curse and she could do it... she is a very smart, powerful, beautiful witch... But how can she be?! She's just a mudblood for crying out loud!'

I then grabbed his throat, pulling his head against the back of the wall. "You will NOT call me mudblood!" I shouted. His blue eyes did not betray his true thoughts, but instead looked upon me with utmost hatred and anger.

"LET ME GO MAD WOMAN!" he yelled.

"Only if you promise to stop calling me mudblood you evil bastard!" I cried, slapping him hard across the face, and letting go of his throat.

He held his face, and stood there for a moment, eyes burning in anger. I had begun to hyperventilate, and my hands were clenched into fists. I stared back at him in absolute loathing.

And then...