The Accident That Changed My Life 4ever

First day of school

Dream
I was standing in front of the lion cage at the zoo. Elye was standing next to me with an ice cream in his hand- It wasn’t only a dream, a memory a few months before the accident- we were so happy, my parents brother and I. my dad bent down to talk to Elye, then turned and said something to my mom, when he turned back to Elye he got a face full of Elye’s ice cream. We all busted up laughing, then the image started to fade and a beeping noise brought me back to reality. Stupid reality… I wanted to go back to that dream to when we were all happy.
I hit my alarm and got out of bed. Standing there for a minute trying to figure out how long I had and if I had to rush. It’s about 7:15 now, so I got in the shower then dressed in teal shorts, a white Paramore T-shirt, a black hoodie and my converse. I decided to straighten my hair but leave it down. I glanced at the clock and it was already 7:50. Shoot I need to go, I look around and spotted my keys and grabbed my bag then hurried to school.
I pulled up to Sunridge High, the bell just rang, and the last of the students scattered to their classes. I walked into the office and waited for the lady at the counter. She had red hair and brown eyes, she looked about 35. The name plate on the desk read Sandra ray. I cleared my throat hoping to get her attention.
“can I help you”, the lady asked.
“I’m Emma Williams, today’s my first day so I kinda need my schedule”, I said as politely as I could manage.
“oh yes, I have that right here. Your sister stopped by a few days ago to make sure everything was correct.” She said as she started rustling through different stacks of papers. “here’s a map and your classes, miss Anders will be here shortly to show you to your class.”
As I grabbed the papers and thanked the lady, known as Ms. Ray, a girl with bleach hair and blue eyes, dressed like she was in Laguna Beach, walked in. she looked me up and down, as if seeing how much a threat I held. Great, another miss popular.
She then put on a fake smile and said, “hello, I’m Kayla Anders, welcome to Sunridge high.” Alittle to cheerful.
“hi, I’m Emma”, I replied.
“come on, lets get you to class, whats your first period?,” she was a little impatient. Either she really wants to be in class or she has a guy waiting for her to meet him under the bleachers.
I pulled out the paper that held my classes and looked at it for the first time.
1st Drawing… I love to draw, so this class will be fun.
2nd Chemistry… yeesh I hate science.
3rd Pre Calculus… I’m good at math. I just don’t like it.
Lunch… yay in the middle of my day.
4th English… I like English. I read and write.
5th US History… talk about boring. Hope it’s easy.
6th Dance… YAY. I also love to dance. I haven’t danced since the accident though.
Overall not too bad. I showed it to Kayla, she looked over it quickly.
“We only have English together, oh, and I have first lunch too. You think you find your other classes without me? I can show you to your 4th and 5th?” Kayla asked as she walked through a door.
“yea I think I can manage.” I said.
She walked up to the teacher with me right behind.
“hi Mr. Black, this is Emma. She’s in this class period, I really have to get to class. Do you think you can take it from here?” she was still in a rush, she didn’t wait for a reply already heading for the door.
“of course,” Mr. Black said as the door closed behind her. “hello miss Williams welcome to my art class. I’m Mr. Black. I hope you already have a sketch pad so you can start brainstorming. We just stared a project yesterday.”
“yea, I do,” I said as I pulled my book out of my bag, “will this one work? And what’s the project?”
“that one’s perfect. The project is called memories. It could be any memory you have. You can draw it how you saw it, experienced it, whatever. Color not colored. It’s due in 2 weeks because it’s a bigger project. Normally assignments will be due a week after I assign them.”
“okay.” I said. My brain already distracted, thinking what I should draw for this project.
“why don’t you take a seat, and I’ll introduce you in a second to the class.” He said.
I turn and see that I had most of the classes attention. I would tell them to ‘ take a pic it would last longer’, but I didn’t want people tp hate me on my first day. There was only one seat open. It was on the side, next to a girl with short brown hair and blue eyes; her style was defiantly punk. There were also 2 guys next to the seat. One had black hair and blue eyes, he was gorgeous and he was wearing skinny jeans and a green T-shirt. The other had brown hair and brown eyes. He was cute and was wearing preppy clothes. As I sat down in my seat, Mr. Black called to get the attention of the class.
“everyone I’d like you to all make our new classmate welcome here. This is Emma Williams and she just transferred from West Linn.” He said and the whole class looked at me again. I got several different looks, from most the guys; was it was want, most the girls, hate; and curiosity from mostly everyone. Everyone looked away, and then the guy with the brown hair in front of me turned around with a genuine smile on his face.
“hi Emma I’m Brandon. I just thought I should tell you that your hair is so gorgeous,” he said in an almost girly tone. OH he’s gay! OMG. Sooo cool, I love gay guys.
“Thanks? Nice to meet you.” A smile spread across my face. I might actually like it here.
“what other classes do you have?” he asked with excitement I haven’t felt since my brother was still here, but it was good to see someone that had it. I handed him my schedule and waited as he looked it over.
The girl next to me was still looking at me, it was making me uncomfortable. It was like she was testing me to see if I’m worthy of being her friend. Finally I decided to turn to her and look her in the eye.
“did you need something? With all the staring you’d think you were waiting for something amazing to happen.” I said, it wasn’t in a mean tone, but if you didn’t know better you would think it was suppose to be mean. A smile slowly stretch across her face.
“no I don’t. by the way I’m Lyndsey. And I was just testing you. Nice outfit, its cute. Where did you get those shorts they’re adorable,” said the girl now known as Lyndsey. hmm, she seems cool.
“nice to meet you. Oh thanks, I got them at pac sun at the mall near my old house.” I said. I was in a good mood.
“I haven’t seen those yet, they must of not come out yet over here.” She looked alittle disappointed.
“hey we have all our classes together except lunch, English and dance.” Brandon said as he handed back my paper. I then handed it to Lyndsey.
“ oh cool,” I turned back to Lyndsey, “what about you?”
“every thing but history.” She said, “we can sit together at lunch,”
“cool.” During this exchange I noticed the guy behind me with the black hair was staring at me. “ hey what’s with the dude behind me and the staring?” I asked both at the same time in a whisper. They look at me like I was an idiot. “what?” I questioned.
“have you not looked in a mirror?” Lyndsey said first. I gave her a blank look. Then reached my hand to touch my face, did I have something on my face?
“not that. Your totally hot girl, your going to have to beat guys off with a stick careful some might like it,” Brandon said and realization hit me. He’s staring cause I’m pretty.
“I’m not that good looking guys.” I said.
“just shut up, and accept it”, the both said with a smile. Whatever.
Then the bell rang and I stood up putting my book and pencil in my bag. So much for starting my project, I was too distracted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the second chapter. Please tell me if anything needs to be added. or what you think. thanks