Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

Summer

School had gone by so fast, and I was back at home with my family in June, anxiously awaiting seeing the Quidditch match with Draco.

"Well look who's back from freak school!" said my sister Michaela, giving me a dirty look. "I knew you were such a oddity! I didn't know they had schools for special head cases like you!"

Michaela laughed at me, and mum came in and scolded her. "Michaela, that's not very nice! Your sister is not odd, she is unique! Now please, go play your video games and leave your sister alone!"

I went to my room and read one of my books. I had yet to tell my mother about Draco, nor the fact that we were going to a Quidditch match before school started. I had to give it some time; my parents were still trying to get by in this new world that I opened for them now.

I decided to tell my mum a few days into August, and to my surprise, she let me go!

"Oh Theresa! You have a boyfriend!" she cried, hugging me tightly to her.

"Er- mum, ya choking me!" I gasped, finally breaking free of my mother's vice-like grip. "And anyway, we aren't dating anymore. We're just friends. Draco is going to pick me up at the house, and then we will fly to his house on brooms."

"Is it safe to do that?" asked my mother, concerned.

"MUM! Stop being so overprotective! I'm not a baby, I can take care of myself," I said.

My mother dropped it, and was so excited to meet Draco at the end of the month.
_______________________________________________________________________

The doorbell rang. I bounded down the steps to see a nervous Draco with flowers in his hands. His eyes lit up when he saw me, and he gave me a big hug. I invited him in, and sat him down in the family room.

"Nice house you have," said Draco, looking around.

"Oh! You must be Draco!" cried my mother, entering the room and extending her hand to him. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Drina, Theresa's mother."

"These flowers are for you," said Draco, handing them to my mother. If he was trying to get on my mum's good side, mission accomplished.

"Draco, they are lovely! Thank you!" said my mother smiling at him. "Do you have a flying licence or..."

"MOTHER!" I hissed. "They don't have licences in the magical world! Stop embarassing me!"

"Well, please take good care of my baby girl..."

"Mum, you do know I'm not your only child..."

And in a flash, my sister had bounded down the stairs to hear what the noise was. 'Great, just great!' I thought to myself.

"Who's the babe on the couch?" asked my sister. I could have died right there on the spot!

"This is Draco Malfoy," said mum. "He is Theresa's new friend from school."

"What's a hot guy like you doing with a freak like that?" asked Michaela. "Wait, strike that. I forgot, the both of you go to that freak school. No wonder!"

"She would definately belong in Slytherin if she was magical," whispered Draco into my ear.

I went to my room, and began to pack. His family had reserved a special tent for us to stay in, and we were going to stay there until we had to go back to school.

I carried my trunk downstairs, and Draco and I left the house.

"I hid the brooms on the porch," said Draco, getting them. "I didn't want to scare your family..."

"You are so considerate," I said, smiling at him. "I'm sorry about my sister back there. She can be a real pain."

"Sh, don't even think about it," said Draco smiling. "I liked that she thought that I was hot though..."

"Erm- how in God's name do you work this thing?" I asked, tring to get the broom to work.

"OH! I forgot," said Draco, taking a broom. "Watch me, and do as I do..."

He placed the broom gently on the floor, and stuck out his left hand. "UP!" he cried, and the broom rose into his hand. He began to mount it, and he started to rise a few inches off the ground.

"UP!" I cried, sticking my left hand out. Nothing.

"Try your right. I only used my left hand because that is the hand I write with..."

"UP!"

The broom shot into my hand, and I quickly mounted it.

"Now, kick off the ground," said Draco, as the two of us did just that.

I began to soar into the air, holding onto the handle for dear life as the wind blew through my hair. It was a thrilling, yet frightening experiance, gliding through the air like the birds in the sky.

I followed Draco to a part of London called Slytherin's Grove. We landed on the soft, green lawn, and we began to walk up to the gates of Malfoy Manor.