Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

The Second Task

"Waeter haefod!" I cried, pointing my wand at my mouth as I dived into the Black Lake.

The trusty bubble head charm did not fail me, and I began to swim deeper and deeper into the lake. My wand was held tightly in my hand. I feared an attack from a Grindylow, or a mermaid, so I made sure I was ready to take on anything. I learned several new spells to be able to fend off all sorts of creatures, and it was a good thing too.

"Get off me!" I screamed as a Grindylow latched its claws into my leg, pulling me off the right path. "Relashio!"

The Grindylow was sent flying off in antoher direction, and I continued to swim further. I reached a sort of underwater town, and there, tied in the center of the town, were four people.

"Draco, Ron, Hermione, and I have no idea who you are but, little girl?"

All of them were sleeping, and did not move an inch when I said their names. I knew that my person to save was Draco, so I began to cut his bonds, and then tried to release Ron, Hermione, and the young girl.

"Only one can be saved per champion!" shrieked a mermaid. The mermaid was a far cry from pretty Ariel from The Little Mermaid. It had greenish grayish skin, wild gray hair, and its body was covered in scales like a fish. It was the ugliest thing I had ever seen, and its personality matched its looks.

"But, I don't want any of them to die!"

WHOOSH! All of a sudden, a shark swam quickly past me, biting the ropes that bound Hermione, and started to swim to the surface. Then, Harry came a few minutes later, and even he tried to save the little girl too.

"I'm not saving Malfoy though," said Harry making a face.

"Didn't say you had to," I replied. I left Harry with Ron and the little girl, and swam with Draco's limp body in my right arm. Once we surfaced, Draco came to, and gasped for air, coughing a bit of water up.

He looked around, and then saw me, and his eyes widened. "What the hell am I doing here in the lake with you? I was summoned to Dumbledore's office, and then the next thing I knew, I was-"

"Oh Draco! I'm so happy you are alright!" I said, kissing him. We swam to the docks, and towels were brought out to us. I shook with cold, and Draco took me over to a secluded area, and wrapped his towel around me.

"Oh Theresa! You are ok!" cried Hermione, giving me a huge hug. "Victor is one of my friends, that's why he had to save me And you are in second place! But where is Harry? Poor Fleur couldn't make it past ze Grindylows, so she is stuck in last place."

Draco smiled, and pulled a bit of seaweed out of my hair. "Good job Tessie. I think you deserved first place, even though you didn't come back first"

WHOOSH! Ron and the little girl surfaced, and after a few minutes, Harry then surfaced. Dumbledore sat at the water's edge, and talked to the mermaids. After a while, he cleared his throat, and began to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please, may I have your attention?" shouted Dumbledore.

"Right, after conversing with the mermaids, I have found that two of our champions have tried to save everyone despite the fact that they were supposed to save only one person. Despite the fact that Krum came in first, in actuality, Theresa should have been first. She will be awarded several more points, putting her in the lead for her outstanding sense of care. Harry also saved two people, so he is awarded more points also. Although Krum has won first place, the score is as follows: Fleur Dellacour, fourth place. Victor Krum, third place. Harry Potter, second place. And Theresa Smith, first place. The last task will take place in June, just before school terminates. All champions be warned! You will be facing all of your darkest fears in this last challenge. Study up, and work hard, and you shall will the Triwizard Cup, and a hundred million galleons. Good luck all."

"Tessie, you are in first place even though Krum beat you! Tessie, you can actually win this thing!" cried Draco, furiously starting to make out with me.

"Erm... Draco?" I said in between kisses.

"What my Tessie?" moaned Draco in my ear.

"Well, isn't this a pretty sight?" said a dangerous voice. Draco pulled away, and looked up to see Snape glowering at us. "I guess threatening you makes no difference to you Mister Malfoy. It almost seems as if you were permanently affixed to Miss Smith's mouth..."

Draco turned a shade of red that matched Harry's Gryffindor swim trunks. "I was- I was just..."

"Funny how you wound up being Theresa's 'lost item' Draco," sneered Snape. "Could it be that you asked Dumbledore to switch Luna with you?"

Draco turned even redder now at the mention of this. "Oops, seems I let a cat outta the bag! Mark my words Draco, stay away from this one. I will tell your father the next time I see you two together..."

"I DON'T CARE SNAPE!" said Draco throught gritted teeth. "Go running to my father, see if I care! I'm tired of trying to please everyone! It always turns out bad in the end anyway, so why should I listen to you or anyone else?"

"Fine, have it your way," said Snape, walking away. "But when a certain Dark Lord decides to take matters into his own hands, you will see what happens to your precious Tessie!"