Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

Tension With Snape

Draco began to breathe heavily, and I could feel his heart beating against my body. "I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" he shouted. "I don't care what my parents think, or what anyone else thinks! I'm tired of playing a part... I have been doing it for too long. For once in my life, I do not want to be a Death Eater. I just want to be normal..."

He hugged me tightly, sobbing a bit into my shoulder. We held each other for several minutes. Harry walked over to the two of us. "Draco, look, I know you are going through tough times," said Harry comfortingly. "But at least you don't have to worry that you are going to be killed 24/7!"

Draco laughed a bit, and then stopped, sensing how sad the truth of the matter really was. "I just want to apologize for all of the times that I made fun of you or hurt you in anyway."

"I'm sorry too, Potter," said Draco, shaking hands with Harry. "It was all a front. I'm really an insecure bastard who likes to bring other people down to raise myself up... Hermione, Ron, I'm sorry for making fun of you also. Can you forgive me?"

"Let's see," began Ron. "You make fun of my family for being poor. You sometimes make it rain spiders upon me during charms class, when you know I hate them since our third year. And you like to call poor Hermione here a mudblood. And you think I'm going to-"

"Apology accepted!" said Hermione, taking Ron aback. Ron stood there next to Hermione, opening and closing his mouth, not knowing what to say.

Draco began to smile weakly. "See Draco?" I said, patting him on the back. "Once you start to treat people nicely, you get treated nicely in return... Now can we all just forgive, and move on?"

Harry, Hermione, and a very reluctant Ron nodded, and I sighed. Draco's transformation was complete.
_______________________________________________________________________

"Miss Smith, would you please tell the class what is the main ingredient in a love potion?" asked Professor Snape sourly in the middle of Potions class.

"Ashwinder egg," I said quickly.

"Very good, Ms. Smith," replied Snape, giving me a sort of evil eye. "Now, how does it work?"

"Well, it's obvious isn't it?" I asked politely. "The witch/wizard making the potion is the one the drinker falls in love with!"

"Yes... and we all know who you would give love potion to," trailed Snape, looking at Draco.

'Huh! I don't need to give him love potion, you slimy git!' I thought. 'At least I don't have slimy, greasy hair like you!'

"Oh, jerk off," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" asked Snape.

"Oh, nothing. Just saying how much I love doing potions work!"

"Flattery, Theresa, will get you nowhere," said Snape icily.

"Well, it must have gotten you somewhere with Voldemort," I said coldly. "Why on earth would he accept you back into his regime when you were one of the few that left his side to join the order?"

"SILENCE!" spat Snape. He started to raise his hand to me, but then lowered it. "Ravenclaws, thank Theresa because she has just cost your house 50 points..."

"You can't do that!" I cried.

"Why, yes I can," smiled Snape cruelly. "And you also have detention with me tonight because of your rudeness... Class dismissed!"