Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

Malfoy Manor

The gate of Malfoy Manor was ornate with snakes, obviously stating their Slytherin ancestry. I shook with the tension as Draco opened the gates, and led me towards the mansion.

"Draco, you didn't tell me you were rich!" I said, turning red with embarassment. My family had money, but not as much as his family did. His house made mine look like a cardboard box.

"Tessie, it's nothing important," said Draco, opening the door to his home.

The house was very grand indeed. The silver and green walls were adorned with several pictures of baby Draco, and other various family members that were-

"Draco, these pictures, they're moving!" I whispered.

I watched as a naked baby Draco splashed in the bath. He looked like he was laughing, and was smiling as a feminine hand washed his chubby little body.

"Aw!" I said, pointing to the picture. Draco turned a sickly green, and tried to cover it up.

"Ugh, mother always likes to hang this one up... She knows it embarasses me to death!"

"I dunno, I think you were cute as a baby," I said, pinching his cheeks. "Such a cute widdle baby Draco! Who is by the way, still cute."

I turned to look at another one of the moving portraits on the wall. This one had a blonde man and woman in it, and they were smiling, the man hugging the woman from behind her.

"This was taken before our lives became a living hell," said a soft feminine voice, making me jump.

I turned around to see a pale, gaunt looking woman. Her eyes had shadows under them, and she looked as if she hadn't had a moment of happiness in a long time. She was the same woman in the picture, but she was the unhappier version.

"Mrs. Malfoy, it is a pleasure to meet you," I said, shaking her hand. "I'm Tessie, Draco's friend."

"Ah, the orphan," said Mrs. Malfoy.

'Go with it...' thought Draco to me.

"I heard from Draco that your parents died from a potion making gone wrong. So very sad... And you are, of course, a pureblooded Slytherin?"

I nodded fiercly, and Mrs. Malfoy smiled at me. "I'm so glad my Dracie-poo has finally found someone worthy of his attention! Let me go get Lucious, he is busy packing for the game..."

Mrs. Malfoy left the room, and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Quick, come here!" said Draco, pulling me into a bedroom. He closed the door, and I gasped.

Slytherin banners hung on the walls, and a mirror hung over a small chest of drawers. This was Draco's bedroom.

"Tessie, dad will tell you things, and I don't want you to freak out," said Draco nervously pacing the room as I sat on the edge of his bed. "We are taking a portkey to the game. It's a broken mirror. A portkey is an object that enables wizards and witches to quickly transport from one place to another. If my dad says anything about Death Eaters, just nod and agree with him. He likes that. Please, please Tessie I beg of you, do not start an arguement with him over the term mudblood. You know there are some of those who cannot change..."

I got up from the bed, and touched Draco's face lightly. "Everything will be fine," I reassured him. "I will do what you tell me, and I promise, I will not instigate a fight."

The door of Draco's bedroom suddenly opened to reveal a man with long blond hair. His stern features made him appear cold, almost insenitive. His icy blue eyes that Draco had inherited from him stared at me, and he then realized who I was.

"Tessie Smith, nice to finally meet you," said Mr. Malfoy, taking my hand and kissing it politely. I began to flush at his gesture, and Mr. Malfoy began to look me over appraisingly.

"Draco, you definately picked a good one. Is it true that you are execptionally good at casting spells?" asked Mr. Malfoy, smirking at me.

"Yes, yes I am," I stammered nervously.

"Pity you had to live in a godforsaken orphanage, not knowing who you were destined to be," said Mr. Malfoy, putting a hand on my back. "Anyway, let's get going. The portkey is almost ready... Narcissa!"

I walked with Draco and his father to the front door of the mansion, things in hand, waiting for Draco's mother to come. She came quickly, holding the broken mirror.

'Grab onto it Tessie,' thought Draco to me. We all grabbed the portkey, and in an instant, the house disappeared,and we were transported to a green field. We walked a bit, and I began to notice that there were several thousands of tents up ahead. Mr. Malfoy escorted us to our tent, and I scoffed. 'How in hell are we all going to fit in that tiny little thing?' I wondered to myself, knowing that I would only cause trouble by saying my thoughts out loud.

I walked into the tent, and to my amazement, it was enormous inside. It had a kitchen, and three bedrooms: one for Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, one for Draco, and one for me.

'I think I'm starting to like magic a bit more now,' I thought, as Draco helped me settle into my room.