Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

The Final Task

"No one can understand how I feel," I said, tears starting to spill out of my eyes. "I cannot be with anyone anymore... I can't bear to be hurt this way again..."

"Has Draco ever been rough to you Theresa?" asked Dumbledore, gazing into my eyes. "Has he ever forced you to do anything you didn't want to do?"

"No," I sighed. "He has always been good to me... He has always treated me gently and nicely."

"Draco has changed so much because of you, and I do not think that he will go back to his old ways," said Dumbledore. "You have truely saved the boy, Theresa. If the boy would have continued down that path of evil, he would have wound up dead. I do not think Draco would treat you the same as 'Professor Snape' did during your detention."

"Now, get some rest, you shall feel much better in the morning, child," said Dumbledore, holding his hand in front of himself. He cast a spell to relax me, and in an instant, I was calm, and ready to go to bed.

"Good luck at the final task..."

The next day was the final task. I knew I had to talk to Draco before going into the tournament, so I pulled him aside after breakfast, and took him into the Room of Requirement.

"What the?" Draco said, surprised I was talking to him.

"Sit," I conjured up a chair in the room, and he sat as I paced back and forth. "I know I have been acting strange lately and all, but there is a reason for it... During my detention with Snape... well, apparently it wasn't really Snape. Someone must have drank polyjuice potion so they could be him. Anyway, fake Snape... he- he"

I couldn't finish. I burst into tears, and Draco ran over to me, and held out his arms to me. I reluctantly accepted them, and sobbed into his robes.

"It has been so hard Draco. I wanted to tell you, but I was afraid..."

"Tessie, Neville told me what happened yesterday when you yelled at me in front of everyone, and I understand why you couldn't bear to have me touch you, let alone be near you. It's ok, I understand..."

"Oh Draco, I've been so awful to you, and you have been nothing but nice to me!" I cried. "I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry in case I... in case I-"

"Don't you dare say that!" said Draco, pulling away from our embrace, and looking into my eyes. "You are the smartest witch in the school, if anyone were to die in that tournament, you wouldn't even make the top of that list..."

"But Dumbledore said because of my emotions and feelings lately, I can't perform magic!"

"You will be fine, my love," said Draco, kissing me on the forehead gently. "Now, go get ready..."

"There, somewhere in the maze, is the Triwizard Cup," said Dumbledore on the Quidditch field. "All the champion has to do is touch it, and we shall know who wins. Mind you, the things inside the maze will test your daring, strength, and at times, wit. If at anytime there is distress or you get injured, send up sparks so we can locate you. Good luck!"

I stood next to a nervous Harry. He was shaking just as bad as I was, and I held his hand, and gave it a squeeze. "You will be okay Harry," I said. "It's me that you gotta worry about..." I gave him a sly wink, and he smiled back at me.

BOOM! We were off, all four of us starting off in different directions. POOF! A dementor popped out of nowhere, and started to make its way towards me. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" I shouted.

A pug burst out of my wand, and began to shoo away the dementor, circling around its ankles and barking furiously.

I walked further on, and saw a glimmer of blue light from around the corner. Then, there was a scream! "Fleur? Are you alright?"

There was another scream. I turned around the corner to try to find her, and ran straight into Victor Krum. His eyes opened wide, and e turned his wand on me. "CRUCIO!"

I fell to the floor, convulsing and screaming. "Stop, Krum... please stop it! HARRY!! HARRY HELP ME!!!!"

"Get off her! Expelliarmus!"

Krum fell backwards, and his wand fell out of his hand. I checked for a pulse, and he still had one.

"Thanks for that Harry," I said, getting up. "I would have been a goner if..."

"Yeah, I know," said Harry, sending up sparks for Krum. "Where's Fleur?"

We walked around, and found Fleur laying on the floor, her silvery blonde hair spilling out over her face.

"Poor Fleur, Krum must have gotten to her," I said, shooting up sparks for her.

Then, once we had turned another corner, we both saw it. The Triwizard Cup!

We both ran for it like crazy, and soon, for some strange reason, I was almost there, when suddenly...

"HELP!!!!! HELP ME THERESA!!!!!!!"

I turned around to see Harry being tied up by the shrubbery, and slowly being dragged away. There were claw marks in the dirt, showing how Harry had tried to stop them from taking him, but it was useless.

"DIFFINDO!" I cried. The shrub was cut away from Harry, and I helped him up.

"Thanks, for a second there, I thought you were gonna let me die..."

"Never," I said. "Let's both take it... Hell, I don't care anymore. I just want it to be over."

"Me too, Theresa, I couldn't agree with you more..."

The Triwizard Cup was almost within our reach when-

"Stop!"

A sphinx blocked our path. "You must both answer one question each. Answer wrong, I attack. Answer correctly, and you shall pass."

I looked at Harry nervously, and he looked back at me. Then we both nodded, and the sphinx continued.

"The girl will go first. There are four brothers in this world that were all born together. The first runs and never wearies. The second eats and is never full. The third drinks and is always thirsty. The fourth sings a song that is never good..."

"Oh, it's a riddle!" I said. "Hmm... let's see, four brothers... one runs and never tires of running, one is always hungry, one is always thirsty, and one is always singing a song that's never good... Well, water runs on forever... fire is always hungry for more, consuming all in its path... and the earth is always thirsty, drinking in whatever water is left on it. And finally wind sings an unhappy tune. I've got it! Water, Fire, Earth, and Wind!"

"Correct, you may pass."

The sphinx turned to Harry. "Now for the boy. I have four legs when I start out, then I have two legs as I get older, and by the time I die I have three legs. What am I in the three stages?"

Harry paced back and forth for several minutes, and then came up with his answer. "You are a baby, then you are a child/adult, and then you are an old person. You start out crawling on all fours, then you start to walk on two feet, and then when you are old, you walk on two feet, plus you are aided by a cane which is three feet!"

"You may pass..."

Harry and I ran towards the cup, and we both grasped it at the same time.

WHOOSH! I felt the sensation of being pulled away from the maze, and in an instant, Harry and I were in a sort of mysterious graveyard.

"Harry, where are we?" I asked.

"I've been here before... I had a dream..." said Harry softly.

I wandered over to where he was standing next to, and saw a grave marked Tom Riddle.

"We have to leave, we aren't safe! Go back to the cup Theresa!"

"No, you have to come with me!" I cried, pulling him with me.

Suddenly, a man who had a face like a rat came out. I recognized him from the last time as Wormtail.

"What are you doing here mudblood?" cackled Wormtail.

"You know her?" asked Harry.

"Long story," I said, looking at Harry pleadingly.

"Oh, master will be very happy tonight. He will kill two birds with one stone he will!"

A figure, hooded in a black cloak came out, and saw Harry and I. "BIND THEM BOTH WORMTAIL!" shrieked Voldemort.

Wormtail raised his wand, and bound the two of us against the headstone.

"Fell right into my trap, you filthy mudblood and halfblood," spat Voldemort. "Well, no need to worry. I'm not going to kill you-yet..."

He grabbed Wormtail's arm, and poked his wand into the Dark Mark sign on his arm.

Instantly, all of his Death Eaters arrived on the spot. All of them wore masks and were hooded. They all stood there in silence. All but one...

"Tessie, Harry... What's going on?"

Draco tore off his mask, and tried to free us. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Oh, you know what this means Draco," said the Dark Lord. "You haven't done what I asked you to do... Shame really, such a beautiful girl... Pity she would have to die all because of you..."

"I won't let you hurt her!" cried Draco, whipping out his wand.

"Oh, please boy," said Voldemort laughing evilly. "Put it away, you know that no one on this planet can defeat me!"

"Is it true, my dear," asked Voldemort, looking into my eyes. "That you are a virgin?"

I squirmed in my bonds, and then there was laughter among the Death Eaters. "Well, I being a merciful lord, will have the honor of letting you experience sex before you die... WORMTAIL!"

Instantly my bonds were severed, and Wormtail grabbed me, and began to take my clothes off. My worst nightmare had been confirmed, I was about to be raped in front of everyone.

"You will not touch her! CRUCIO!" shouted Draco. Wormtail lay twitching on the ground, and I tried to fix myself up as best as I could. My blouse was torn, exposing my bra and most of my chest, although my pants were perfectly fine.

"Oh Draco, such the gentleman," sneered Voldemort. "Whereever did you get such manners from?"

"Tessie taught me to be a better person, she was the one who believed in me when no one else would, she loved me when I thought no one would... And she gave me the strength to stand up to you right now!"

"You better watch it boy," scowled Voldemort. "My patience with you grows thin. Had it not been for my fondness for your family, you would be dead by now..."

"My family doesn't give two galleons about me!" shouted Draco.

"WORMTAIL, BIND THE MALFOY BOY!"

Wormtail couldn’t move at all, he was that frightened of Draco. Draco still had his wand in his hand, and was pointing it at Wormtail.

"Touch me, and so help me God I will kill you..."

"Go ahead, kill the rat, see if I care," said Voldemort.

Draco raised his wand. "STOP!!!" I screamed. "Draco, let's just get out of here!"

"Not so fast!" said Voldemort, binding us to the headstone. He took out a small blade, and cut Harry with it. Harry moaned and screamed out in pain, and Draco and I looked on to watch Voldemort drink Harry's blood out of his arm.

"Now, I have Harry's blood in mine, I can touch him... NOW!"

Harry moaned in pain as Voldemort touched Harry's scar. He released his hand, and unbound all of us.

"All of you are going to duel me, now BOW!"

All three of us bowed, and then Voldemort sent us each a cruciatus curse. I ducked it, and hid behind a headstone, trying to sneak the cup into my hands without making it too obvious.

"Accio cup!" I whispered, as the cup came over to where I was. Now all I had to do was get everyone to the cup.

"HARRY, DRACO!" I cried in mimic pain. "HELP ME! Crabbe is torturing me! Make him stop!"

"But Crabbe is right-"

Harry and Draco ran towards where I was, and we both grabbed the cup at the same time. In an instant we were both back on the Quidditch field, and I was sobbing.

"HARRY? THERESA? DRACO??????????????"

"Dumbledore! It happened again! Wormtail, he- he tried to rape me! And HIM! He's back! More powerful and stronger than ever!" And then I blacked out in Draco's arms.
______________________________________________________________________

I felt like I was being carried in by a drunk man. I opened my eyes, and saw Professor Moody carry me to the DADA room. "Smith, wake up you stupid girl!" said Moody, slapping my face.

He threw me down on the desk, and began to rip open what was left of my shirt. "Professor, what are you doing?"

"Finishing the job..." said Moody, kissing my chest.

"IT WAS YOU!!!!!" I cried, and then I heard a noise coming from inside the closet.

"Ignore that; just try to focus on me Tessie..."

"GET OFF ME YOU PERV! EXPELLIARMUS!"

Moody was thrown into the wall, and then Dumbledore entered the room with Snape and McGonagall.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF MERLIN?" shouted McGonagall, seeing my exposed bra.

Dumbledore whipped out a jar of veritaserum, and poured it into Moody's mouth.

"Who are you?"

"Barty Crouch Jr."

"Did you impersonate Snape to be able to rape Miss Smith over here?"

"Yes... And it doesn't matter anyway. She has seen the Dark Lord, and what he can do... I just wanted her to fulfill the prophesy... You know, help it along, if you will."

"Well, there you have it, Snape really didn't try anything with Theresa. Now Barty, where did you put Alastor?" asked Dumbledore.

"Closet..."

I ran to open the closet, and met a very dirty man with one leg and one eye.

"Snape, you will escort Professor Moody to the Hospital Wing. And Minerva, you will help Theresa to the Hospital Wing while I have a chat with Barty..."
______________________________________________________________________

I woke, feeling sore all over, but began to smile almost at once. Draco and Harry lay in the beds on either side of me, and in the chairs were Fred, George, Ginny, Luna, Hermione, Luna, Ron, and Neville, sleeping peacefully.

'So many people care about me...' I thought to myself.

'Tessie, don't die! Please don't die!!!' thought Draco in his sleep. 'Please do not be dead... if you die, I will die too. My heart will be torn to pieces, I will have no purpose of living anymore... Please live my Tessie!!!!'

Draco woke with a start, and then looked over at me, and started to get up. "You are alright!" he smiled as he hugged me tightly. And for once, I did not flinch from his touch.
_______________________________________________________________________

"Well, mother and father will probably give me a summer that I will never forget," sighed Draco sadly.

"Hey, at least you don't have to deal with my fat ass Uncle Vernon and his dolt of a wife Petunia! And to top it all off, be tormented by Dudley ever freaking day of your life!" muttered Harry.

"Well, I gotta put up with Fred and George, nuff said," said Ron as one of Fred's dungbombs went off.

"NIIIIIIIIIICE!" said the twins, hi-fiving each other.

"Well, I'm going to be reading all summer!" squealed Hermione.

"And I'm going to catch some nargles!" cried Luna.

"And I will be visiting mum and dad in the hospital..." whispered Neville.

"Neville, you know, you can always call me up to hang if you want to," I said, patting him on the back. "If you need me, just send an owl or whatever, and I will be there. Promise you'll owl me if you need me?"

Neville agreed, and we shook on it.

"Well, dad hates magic, and my sister is a brat about me being magical, so I think my summer will probably suck too," I said with a sigh. "We should all hang out one day during the summer... Alright, everyone promise to send loads of owls?"

Everyone promised to write to each other, and then we went our separate ways...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end of book two. Next book in the series to be posted soon!