Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

Almost Getting Killed, and Back At School Again

I ran with Draco away from the Dark Mark, away from the chaos. Tears rolled down my face, and from behind me, I heard a gruff voice shout "STUPEFY!"

I was hit in the back, full force with the spell, and the last thing I saw was the glowing mark in the sky...

"Tessie, Tessie please wake up? Dad, please you have to help her!"

"Enervate!" said Mr. Malfoy.

I opened my eyes, and noticed that I was lying on Draco's bed. We were back at Malfoy Manor, and Draco was patting my head with a damp washcloth.

"What happened?" I asked Draco.

"You were stunned. If I didn't carry you out of the forest back to the portkey... I don't want to think what would have happened to you," said Draco with tears filling his eyes.

"It was the Ministry of Magic that hit you with that spell," said Mr. Malfoy. "Do they honestly think that a mere child could conjure that mark? Why, it's absolute rubbish to think so! I wonder who did conjure it..."

I looked down at myself, and saw that my jeans were filthy and torn. I had several bruises on my body from being hit with the spell, and when I tried to get up, I couldn't move without being in pain.

"Oooooh! Draco!" I moaned, unable to get up. He helped me to my feet, and walked me to the bathroom to help me clean up. He sat me on the toilet cover, and began to fill the bath with hot water. He left the room briefly, and came back with a goblet of sweet smelling liquid.

"Drink this, this will help with the pain," said Draco, handing the goblet to me. I drank it, and soon, I was able to move without being in unbearable pain.

"I will leave you to your bath," said Draco. "Mother had picked out some clean clothes for you to wear when you finish..."

The door closed, and I stripped my clothes off, and got into the soothing, warm bath.

I got out of the bath feeling refreshed, and put on the clothes Draco gave me. They were my school robes...

"OH MY GOD!" I shrieked, after I had put them on. Draco came running into the bathroom, his eyes shielded.

"What's wrong Tessie?"

"You can let your hands down, I'm not naked Draco," I said. "Are we going back to school today?"

"Yeah, the Hogwarts Express leaves Kings Cross in four hours. We have plenty of time till then..."

"Great, I gotta go back to school all bruised and beaten," I sighed, brushing my wet hair. "You know, they are going to think you did it to me..."

"Come on!" scoffed Draco. "Everyone knows that I would never raise a hand to you ever. Just say that you ran into something."

I looked at myself in Draco's mirror. I appeared fine, a few bruises here and there, but nothing that I couldn't cover up with my robes.

I began to get ready to leave for King's Cross Station. Draco and I left the house in a muggle taxi, and I sat next to him in the backseat, snuggled up against him.

I paid the driver, and Draco and I walked to the barrier between platforms 9 and 10. We ran straight at it, and were transported to platform 9 and 3/4 in an instant.

After dropping off our luggage, Draco and I got on the train quickly, trying to find an empty compartment.

We finally found a compartment, and I lay there, resting in Draco's arms as he played with my hair.

"It was a pity for them to send away Lupin because he was a werewolf," I sighed, closing my eyes. "He was such a nice man. It isn't his fault that he is the way he is! It's not like he chose to be the way he is..."

"Tessie, I agree with you completely," said Draco honestly. "But parents wouldn't want their kids being taught by such a person... They had to."

"I wonder who the new teacher will be," I said, running a hand through Draco's beautiful blond hair. I fell asleep in Draco's lap, and was soon awoken to find that we were almost at school. Draco and I quickly threw our robes on over our school clothes, and got ready to leave the train.

We walked over to these horseless carriages, and got in with Ron, Hermione, Harry, Luna, and a shy looking boy with a plant in his hand.

"What's that?" I asked the boy as the carriage began to move.

"Oh... erm- mimbulus mimbletonia," said the boy shyly. He blushed when I made eye contact with him, and I looked away. "It's really rare, and uh... cool."

"Why is it covered with boils?" I asked, pointing to the pus filled sacks on the cactus-like plant.

"Defense mechanism," said the boy. "If you touch it, a nasty liquid called Stink Sap explodes out of it. Believe me, you do not want that to happen..."

"You like Herbology, I see," I said smiling at him, making the boy nervous.

"Oh yes, Theresa, Neville has always excelled at Herbology," said Hermione cheerfully. "He sometimes does better than me at Herbology..."

"Neville... it's nice to meet you. I'm Theresa. How was your summer?"

"Not bad I guess. I just tended to this plant, saw my parents at St. Mungo's... usual."

"What about you Luna?" I asked, turning to see her reading the Quibbler upsidedown.

"It was boring, but okay..."

"So, what did you think of the match?" asked Ron me.

"I liked the game a lot! It was a lot of fun to watch, and I would have had a good time if..." I drifted off.

"What? What's wrong?" asked Harry, looking concerned.

"You went to the World Cup?" cried Neville.

I nodded, and looked down at the floor.

"Tessie was stunned by accident that night after Ireland won the match..." said Draco quietly. Everyone in the carriage gasped, and Draco held me in his arms protectively.

"We were almost stunned too," said Ron softly. "If it hadn't been for dad, we would have all been in for it..."

"Yeah, it wasn't fun to get stunned," I said, showing everyone the bruises all over my body. "It hurt like hell, and I didn't wake up for quite a while. If Draco hadn't been there..."

He held me, and everyone was silent the rest of the way up to school.