Status: Completed

Draco Malfoy and Me

Scornful Looks and Lost Love

"How can that be? Harry is also underage like me, and can't participate in it! Someone must have done something to it!" I said.

"Everyone calm down..." said Dumbledore clearing his throat.

"Headmaster, if I may put in, I think that Smith and Potter should enter the contest," said Snape.

"Offer them up as bait to the horrors and difficulties ahead of them?" cried McGonagall. "Why it's absolute suicide! We would be sending them to their deaths!"

CLUNK,CLUNK,CLUNK. Moody had just entered the room. "If you want my opinion, the Theresa girl is smart, she could probably have a fair chance at winning. And Potter seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Why not let them enter?"

"Very well Moody. There will now be four champions, two of them underage. Good luck to all of you. The first task will be in October..."
_______________________________________________________________________

After finding out that I was one of the champions, I was soon alienated from everyone else. People looked at me funny, and would avoid eye contact with me. Even in class, when we were assigned group work, no one would work with me. I was left to do all of the work by myself. Since finding out I was one of the school champions, I would always be the first one to leave the class in tears, either running off to the library to study alone or crying in my dorm.

Draco slipped back into his former self, and began to treat me as if I had somehow fixed the Goblet of Fire to spit out my name.

"Theresa, how could a dumb mudblood like you be able to perform such magic?" asked Draco, slipping an arm around Pansy Parkinson, his new girlfriend.

"You know I didn't do it, Malfoy," I spat. "Call me mudblood one more time and I will- I will..."

"What, mudblood?"

POOF! Draco changed into a ferret, and I grabbed the ferret, and put him in my bag. "I warned you Malfoy," I said angrily to the squeaking ferret in my bag.

'Change me back you crazy witch! Change me back right now!!!'

"No, Malfoy," I replied to his thoughts. "I'm going to have to teach you what happens when people mess around with me..."

I walked up to my dorm room, flung the door open, and closed it shut with a loud slam. I took the squirming ferret out, and held my wand out against it. It immediately stopped moving, and I could feel his heart beat quicken.

"Now you listen to me and you listen good, ferret boy," I said as tears rolled down my face. "I DID NOT ENTER MYSELF IN THAT BLOODY TOURNAMENT! DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO BE IN IT! I DO NOT WANT GLORY, HONOR, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT! God, all I wanted this year was to get good grades, and maybe join the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, but no! But you wouldn't realize all of that because you are too busy snogging that awful Pansy and calling me mudblood! God, if you only knew how much you hurt me... you used to call me Tessie. Your Tessie... now you call me Theresa. And now I only call you Malfoy instead of Draco... I hate it!!!! Why can't it be the way it was? Why can't you realize that I didn't do anything?"

The ferret in my hand started to squeak, but this time, it was crying. I flung the ferret on my bed, and transformed Draco back to normal.

Draco lay there on my bed, hair all disheveled, and tears in his eyes. "Tessie, I-"

I couldn't look at him. It was easier to spill out my heart to him when he was a ferret because I knew he was forced to listen, and couldn't interrupt me.

"Draco, do you think I would want to risk my life in this tournament? You heard what Dumbledore said, the champions are all at risk of being seriously injured or even killed!"

"No, I believe you Tessie, it's just that..."

"What?" I asked, worn out.

"Things have been getting worse with you-know-who... he's getting stronger. And he finally told my parents that you are a mudblood, and well... I've been forbidden to speak and or see you. That's what the deal with Pansy is..."

"Draco..."

"You have no idea what went down at the meeting when you-know-who let slip that you were not a pureblood. My father went mad with rage, and swiped his wand at me, giving me this..."

He lifted his shirt up, and showed me the gruesome gash in his side.

"If I were to be seen with you, Snape would go to my father and tell him, and I will get worse than this Tessie," continued Draco, cupping my face in his hands. His icy blue eyes looked straight into my brown eyes, and I couldn't take it anymore. I flung my arms around Draco's neck, and kissed him, our tears mixed together. He kissed me back, full of longing, full of desire and passion.