Trembling With the Strings

Pretty Boys And Rich Kids

“Come on, Dray. Leave her alone,” Lyndell protested, shaking his head and rolling his eyes as Darius and I scowled at each other.

“You will not tell me what to do,” Darius growled, suddenly redirecting his focus on his friend rather than on me. I could finally breathe again.

“I’m just saying lay off the poor girl. She’s a good kid.” Lynn’s eyes narrowed and he scooted his chair back as though he were getting ready to stand up just to deck Darius.

“She’s mine. I’ll do as I’m damn well to.” Darius gave me a light push and I got to my feet. He pushed his chair back just as Lyndell had and he rose to his feet beside me. “Hear that, pretty boy? Mine.”

“You always were a stuck-up, rich kid playing with Daddy’s money,” Lynn remarked. Darius’ eyes clouded over in anger and he lunged across the table, knocking Lyndell to the floor. “Get off of me!”

“How dare you come into my house and insult me?” Darius spat, glowering down at him.

“That’s enough!” Dante shouted, standing up and trying to pry his brother off of his friend. Darius clung to him, practically clawing Lynn’s eyes out! “Stop it!” Darius begrudgingly let go and allowed Dante to pull him off. Lyndell stood up and brushed himself off, baring his teeth at him. Darius tried to go at him again, but Dante held tighter. “I said enough!”

“Get out.” Lynn shrugged.

“Fine. I don’t care. Dante, I’ll see you for practice tomorrow.”

As he brushed past me, Lyndell grabbed my shoulder firmly with his hand before kissing me roughly. I heard Darius hurling every word at him that came to mind until Lynn strolled carelessly out of the room. Dante let go of his brother and Darius brushed himself off, fixing his shirt before walking over to me and grabbing my upper arm roughly. I cried out as he yanked me to him.

“We’re leaving.”

“Darius,” Dante said sternly, shaking his head. “It wasn’t her fault.” Darius scoffed.

“Come on,” he muttered to me, tugging me behind him. As if I had a choice!

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled, staring up at him as he pulled me up the stairs. Darius sneered, but remained silent the rest of the way. We went past Marcy’s room and he pulled me through the door opposite of it: his room.

“Save it and lose the dress,” he demanded, taking off his jacket and throwing it on the floor.

“Excuse me?” Oh, Hell no.

“You heard me!” he hissed impatiently. I stood firmly before him.

“No!” A creepy, sadistic grin found his otherwise pleasant-looking face.

“You are to do as I say, little pet. You kissed Lyndell, so now you’re going to fuck me.”

Oh, I highly doubt that!