Trembling With the Strings

Blissful Minutes In Lonely Seconds

Once again I was in Darius’ room with nothing to do. After seeing that he wouldn’t be getting lucky with me anytime soon, he had excused himself to go speak with Lynn and make nice. I’d been confined in his room, but it wasn’t all a loss. With a lit up expression, I dug under his mattress.

Bingo! I pulled out his diary and flipped to where I had left off. It was just griping about how Dante was getting all of the attention, so I flipped forward ten years.

“September 7, 1884
Dante turned ten and he’s getting more bearable. He’s past the baby stage and is warding everyone off, insisting that he’s no longer a baby and won’t put up with their cooing and whatnot. He’s like my little shadow now. He follows me damn near everywhere I go! Marcy always smiles when she sees me being trailed by the little kid, but I find it ridiculous. At least now he can hold a conversation with me. The little guy is really interested in horses, so Drakken decided to buy some horses. I rode Phoebe today and never again will I do that! Damn horses are nothing but trouble. But we did get another horse. I got to name her, so I called her Luna (after my and my sister’s first pet—a Golden Retriever). She only lets me touch her, but I won’t be riding her. Marcy calls it a waste, but that damn horse nearly sent me flying across Lake Ontario! Dante makes me lead him around on Willow since he’s still scared, but he insists it’s because he wants to help me overcome my fear of horses. I told him I don’t fear them, just that Phoebe is a bitch. Then I got yelled at for using that language around Dante. But at least Dante is on my side now. Now I’m not so alone. Marcy is great, but she’s a woman and she can’t possibly understand what it’s like to be a male vampire. I don’t think I need to go into details about my urges... Yeah, so I have to go. Dante is hovering over my shoulder. Now he’s pouting because he read that.”

I dropped the book almost instantly, not enjoying hearing about his “urges”. I stared at it for a bit before pushing it away from me with my index finger.

I could almost envision a little ten-year-old Dante following Darius around all day, not once letting him out of his sight. I could instantly understand why that made Marcy smile since I found myself grinning as well. But I still didn’t understand why Darius hated children so much! It was bothering me, yet I didn’t see why. I hated the guy, but he just fascinated me a great deal. His life was so dramatic and so unreal. All I had left behind were my dear brothers and abusive father and drunken mother, yet he had lost his caring family and his normal life.

I shoved the book hastily under the mattress as the door creaked open and I was suddenly swept off of my feet. I cried out and there was soft laughter. I glanced up and saw Darius rolling his eyes at me as he held me to his chest.

”Hey there,” I mumbled sarcastically. He smiled cheerily.

“Oh, but I know you’re elated since I’ve finally returned to you.” He kissed my lips swiftly. “I bet you were counting the seconds we had been apart.”

“Ah, yes. Oh, those were the most blissful minutes of my life,” I sighed, grinning. He scowled before tossing me onto the bed. I bounced on it a few times before he sat down beside me, slinging his arm around my waist casually.

“I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that,” he muttered. “And you might want to call your house.”

“Why?”

“Well, you want your brothers to know you’re coming, don’t you?” he purred in my ear. My face lit up, I’m sure.

“Really?” I asked, voice a whisper. He nodded, a slight smile on his face. “Thank you!” I jumped into his lap and threw my arms around him. He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me roughly.

“You’re going to owe me for this,” he murmured on my neck, kissing it.

“Yeah, I know,” I muttered.

“You could start repaying me now,” he purred, his lips suddenly right beside my ear.

It wasn’t a suggestion, I knew. The way he had said it made it so it was a demand.

I sighed inwardly, begrudgingly knocking him back onto the bed. He smirked, placing his hands on the small of my back to pull me closer as my lips crashed onto his. He purred into the kiss, flipping us so he was on top. I kicked myself as my guard dropped and I let his hands wander as my eyes closed, getting a mind of their own.

But all of a sudden he started chuckling. I pulled away from him and was about to demand what was so funny when I saw an article of my clothing in his hand.

“How the hell did you get my bra off?” I shrieked, laughing as he raised an eyebrow as if it made him instantly sexy.

“I’m just naturally talented.” He grinned as I tried to swipe it back, failing.

“Fine! I’ll just get a new one!” I rolled my eyes and walked into the closet, throwing a new bra on. I walked back out to see Darius waiting for me. I saw the bra discarded on his bed and laughed.

“Shall we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, you've made my day. I gotta say I really started laughing out loud when I read this comment:

"Don't be alarmed, but...I think I love you =D"

Lol, my mother looked at me funny 'cause it's six in the morning and I was cracking up. So congratulations, this one was for you =]