Trembling With the Strings

Don't Trust A Hoe

“Gracie, we really need to talk, alright?” Darius mumbled as he pushed me into the bedroom. He leaned against the door, closing it.

“About what?” I asked, poking at the bandage on my cheek. It was bothering me to no end, but I suppose it was better than losing a leg or whatever happens when you get an infection.

“I was talking to Marcy just now about something I’ve been thinking about for quite some time. It’s a nagging thought that just won’t seem to go away—even when you’re nowhere near me, though I can’t recall many times when you weren’t within arms reach.”

He pushed himself away from the door and strode effortlessly up to me, pulling me to him. I stopped messing with my cheek and focused entirely on him as he kissed the bend between my neck and shoulder.

“Will you please just tell me what?” I begged, pushing him off. He growled, but shook his head and cleared his throat. He tried to pull me back to him, but I stepped back so I was just out of reach.

“Gracie, stop being so ridiculous!” he hissed, a hint of anger in his voice. I rolled my eyes.

“How am I being ridiculous? Just tell me that.”

“I’m trying to hold you and you know it! So stop being a bitch,” he snarled, lashing out and seizing my wrist. I cried out, trying to jerk myself free.

“How come you’re only in a good mood after you just got laid?” I asked, glaring at him as he laughed.

“Any man would be beaming if he just got into the pants of the woman that had said she’d never be caught in bed with him,” Darius purred in my ear, suddenly right behind me. I turned around and scoffed at him.

“Yeah? Well, I hope you enjoyed it because you’re never getting any from me ever again.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Oh, really? Because if I want something I get it. It’s always been like that, trust me,” he breathed on my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

“That’s only because your Daddy owns a dealership, rich boy,” I grumbled. He smirked.

“The rest is fucking history, baby.”

I sighed, tired of this. I didn’t care what we supposedly needed to talk about. It was late and it had certainly been a long day. I wasn’t in the mood to fight with him, so I tore myself from him and made my way to the inviting bed.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asked, right at my heels.

I fell carelessly onto the bed, throwing the covers over my entire body. Hey, at least I didn’t have to look at him! I growled when he jerked the blanket down.

“You can’t just walk away from me!” he hissed, glaring down at me. I sighed.

“Dray, I’m really tired,” I whispered softly in his ear, grabbing his hand and tugging him down onto the bed. He pulled me into his arms, lips on my neck.

“What made you so tired, babe?” he mumbled against my skin, pressing his body tight against mine.

“What do you think?” I breathed, kissing him quickly.

“I was that good, hmm?” he murmured, kissing my jaw.

“Good doesn’t begin to describe it.” He smirked, releasing me.

“Okay, I’ll have Marcy drive the kids home. Have a nice sleep, love.”

I would have, but what was it that Marcy and Darius had talked about?