Trembling With the Strings

Sheath Your Roaming Eyes!

He put a hand under my chin, titling my face up. “Don’t worry about it, babe,” he whispered and kissed me.

His kiss was very forceful, almost as if he was trying to get me to kiss him harder, too. It didn’t get him much since I refused to part my lips and make the kiss deeper. There was a low, raspy growl of annoyance in his throat. One of his hands moved to the small of my back as he pressed his body tightly to mine. I didn’t respond at all because I just wanted him to stop. There was that raspy sound again and he stopped pushing me against him. I just about sighed out of relief, but then he traced his finger so lightly up my thigh and to my stomach. I pursed my lips in an attempt to stop myself from giggling as he tickled me, but he smirked against my lips as he focused on my stomach. I broke into a fit of giggles, and Darius immediately took advantage of it. His tongue darted into my then-open mouth.

I brought my hands up and pushed against his chest, trying to get him off, but he put both of his hands on my back, pulling me closer and canceling out my efforts. He started walking and I backed up, trying to save myself from getting stepped on, but suddenly my legs bumped into something: the bed. He kept leaning forward, and I leaned back until he was lying on top of me. He crawled higher up and, still with his hands on my back, pressed his chest against mine. I kept squirming and trying to push him off until he eventually pinned my arms down beside me and sat on my legs so I couldn’t kick him.

“Stop, Darius,” I begged in a weak voice, trying to catch my breaths. He smirked.

“But you love kids, don’t you? Why don’t we have our own? Right now.”

“Dray, no! Please! They’re right in the next room!” I hissed in a whisper.

“So? We’ll tell them we’re wrestling. Gracie, you’re mine and I’ll do what I want with you. So be good and respond when I touch you. You know you want to,” he breathed seductively on my neck, nipping at it lightly. My thoughts scrambled and I tangled my hand in his hair, pulling him to me. I felt him laugh against my lips as I parted my mouth, trying desperately to make the kiss deeper as my mind clouded. I felt him messing with the buttons on my shirt, but I forced myself to sit still.

Good girl, echoed in my head. I was about to push him away when the door opened.

“Gracie!” I looked over and saw Marcus gawking at us. Tears welled up in my eyes. I didn’t want him to see this.

“Marc, please go to bed,” I whispered as Darius (who was still on top of me) laughed against my neck, kissing and nipping at it.

“No! This man is a bastard! He’s taking advantage of you, Gracie. He doesn’t love you!” Marcus screamed, glaring at Darius as he kissed my collarbone.

“Marcus, you need to get lost,” Darius told him, glancing away from me for a second. “Let the grown-ups play, alright? I love Gracie. Now leave.” To score more brownie points with Marc, he ripped my shirt open suddenly, smirking at my brother before focusing on my chest. I bit my lip to keep from screaming and having Darius strike me in front of Marcus.

“You don’t love her: you just want sex!”

“She’s my fiancée, boy. I think I might know just a little bit more than you about what I want from her,” he growled, sneering at my little brother.

“Dray, please don’t,” I whispered, messing with his hair. He shook his head before climbing off of me. “Please!” I grabbed his forearm.

“Are you telling me what to do?” he asked, scowling at me.

“No,” I muttered. “I’m sorry. Just please don’t leave this bed. I want to take advantage of it.” As long as it saved my brother. He purred in my ear seductively.

“We will, babe. Just let me show this punk who he’s messing with.” He tore himself from me and I jumped up, throwing my arms around him from behind. “Gracie, let go.” I shook my head feverishly. “Grace! I said let go!” He turned around and backhanded me across the face. I stumbled backwards into a wall, but I just ran back to him.

“Please, Darius!” I begged, tears streaming down my cheeks.

“Gracie,” Marc choked. “Please don’t marry this man. Please. He’ll drive us apart.”

“No, he won’t,” I lied, voice but a murmur. “He’s going to bring us even closer. He’s going to be your new daddy, Marc.”

“I don’t want him to be my father! He’s worse than Dad! Gracie, please. Don’t go through with this!” I choked on my words, trying to come up with a reply.

“You need to shut the fuck up, kid, or I swear you’ll find it very hard to walk for the next month!” Darius screamed, lashing out at Marcus. I heard him cry out as he fell to the floor.

“Marcus!” I yelled, tearing myself from my fiancé to comfort my brother. I held him in my arms as I tried not to cry. “I’m so sorry,” I whispered, kissing his forehead urgently. “So sorry...”

“Grace, get up,” Darius scoffed, rolling his eyes. “He’s fine. I didn’t even hit him that hard, the baby. You’ve taken way harder beatings than that.”

“He’s just a kid! Dray, please. Please, can we just go to bed?” I begged, looking at him through watery eyes. He nodded reluctantly. “Go to bed, Marc.” He looked like he was about to say something, but he glanced to Darius and nodded, so much fear in his eyes.

I was more than a little afraid to sleep in his arms that night...