Trembling With the Strings

Go Whine To Your Psytchiatrist Not Me

“Pretty,” Demetrius told me, smiling. I forced a gentle smile, dropping my hand.

“Darius thought so, too,” I murmured, pulling my little brother into my lap. “We’re getting married in eight months, on my birthday... You really like him, huh?” He smiled.

“Dray funny,” he laughed, hugging me tightly. “New daddy.”

I heard the door creak softly, and I glanced up to see Darius staring at me from the doorway. I held Marty back, keeping my eyes on Dray.

“Yeah. New daddy,” I mumbled, eyes hardening as I glowered at him.

Darius looked down, but looked at me again with a much softer gaze. I scoffed, and Martin turned to look at our visitor. He squealed, tearing himself from me and running to Darius. He mumbled something to my little brother, and I watched in despair as Demetrius left his room, closing the door behind him. My fiancé started walking up to me. I stood up from my spot on the bed, not wishing to speak to him. He, unfortunately, was faster than me and had me trapped. I scowled.

“What do you want now?” I snarled, pushing his arms away the second he raised them.

“Love you,” he mumbled, trying again. I smacked his hands away. Again.

“You have a funny way of showing it!”

I shoved him away, begging him to just leave me alone. He did at first. But then he pulled my back to his chest and fell back onto the bed. I sighed as he held me on his lap, kissing the top of my head.

“Why do you do this to me?” I whispered, trying not to cry.

“Do what? What is it that I do to you?” He sounded like he was started to get a little pissed off.

“You act like a total jackass then try to get me in bed with you!” I pulled myself to my feet, shaking my head.

“I’m a jackass? You said you love me! God, make up your mind!”

“Maybe if you didn’t get a kick out of causing me misery I’d be more willing to look at you!”

“You have no idea,” he whispered almost seductively. “And I’ve done so much worse to other people out of pure boredom. And you know what? I fucking love it. No woman is going to change who I am. Why don’t you get that?” I shook my head.

“Are you so sure you’re happy the way you are?”

He sneered at me, shoving past me.

“I don’t need your psychological bullshit! The day I’m corrected by a lowly human is the day I die!” he screamed at me, slamming the door behind him.

I fell back onto Marty’s bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Life shouldn’t be this hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a little more of a filler chapter, but I thought you needed to know more about Darius and what's going on in that messed up little mind of his! Oh, and 90 subscribers! You have no idea how giddy I am!