Trembling With the Strings

Daddy?

I didn’t want to leave the safety of the bathroom. I’d taken all twenty of the tests Darius had bought (he was convinced some could be wrong) and they’d all come out the same way. I’d been in the bathroom since we’d gotten home and well over a half hour had passed. Darius had shoved me in there and told me not to bother coming out until I could tell him that his “pathetic uncle is full of nonsense”.

I was trying not to cry, but I could only imagine what Darius was going to do to be when he found out that he was going to be a father. He’d probably stick a knife in my stomach and then shoot me in the head. Well, I knew why I’d been so queasy lately. I guess it’s good that I wasn’t nauseous all the time because I hated saying, “I love you, Darius.” However, It wasn’t so good that the real reason was, “I’m pregnant.”

There was a loud set of knocks on the door and I jumped in my skin when Darius shoved the door open. I wiped my face in an attempt to not let him know I’d been crying and stood up. He walked up to me and stared down grimly at me.

“Alright, so now you can tell me that the guy was on crack,” he mumbled, pulling me into his arms possessively.

“No. I can’t,” I whispered, shaking my head slowly. He didn’t say anything, so I glanced up to see that he was glaring down at me. I winced as his grip on me tightened.

“What do you mean you can’t?” he growled through clenched teeth.

”I mean... Darius, you’re going to be a daddy.” He stared dead at me. “Dray?”

“It’s not mine,” he muttered, releasing me and leaving. I followed him into his room.

“What are you talking about? Of course it’s yours!” I reached out and grabbed his hand, but he turned around and shoved me to a wall, his face twisted up in anger.

“It’s not fucking mine!” he yelled in my face, crushing his body on mine. “I don’t want a fucking kid!”

“Well, we’re having one,” I told him softly, a tear trickling down my cheek. It wasn’t because of the pain he was causing me with his crushing me either. He ripped himself from me and I winced as he threw his fist at the wall right beside my head. There was a small hole remaining when he jerked his hand back to his side. He ambled over to the bed and sat down, throwing his face into his hands and sobbing. I bit my lip before sitting beside him and placing my trembling hand gently on his leg.

“Grace, I hate kids. I can’t be a dad!” he moped, shaking his head.

”What about Marty? You like him,” I mumbled, rubbing his thigh softly.

“Out of three kids he’s the only one I can stand! I don’t want to be a dad. I just wanted it to be me and my fiancée. I already have to take care of three because your parents certainly can’t. I don’t want to look after four!”

“I love kids, Dray. I’ll take care of them. It’ll be okay.”

Darius took his face out of his hands and looked at me, dead serious.

“Gracie, you can’t honestly think we’re keeping it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
110 subscribers! I'm sorry for all the cliffhangers, but they're such a good place to end a chapter =P