Trembling With the Strings

It Tastes Kind of Like Shame

“How are you feeling?” Darius asked me, helping me down the stairs.

“I’m fine,” I grumbled, rolling my eyes. “It’s only been a month. I’m not going to die.”

“You don’t know that,” he mumbled, a guilty look on his face. “This is entirely my fault... If I hadn’t kept trying to get you into bed with me, then you wouldn’t be pregnant. Who knows when this happened? We fucked at least fifty times!”

“Darius, mind your language, please,” I whispered, glancing at Demetrius. He was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, smiling.

“I’m sorry,” he murmured. “So... When are we going to tell him?” I shook my head. I didn’t know. “You don’t think he’ll take it too hard, do you?”

“I don’t know, Dray,” I muttered, wrapping my arms around him as we walked into the living room.

Marty sat down on the couch, demanding that Darius sit by him. He, of course, couldn’t say no to the little guy. He pulled me onto his lap, kissing my neck softly. Martin turned on the TV, flipping through the channels.

“You’re going to get so fat,” Darius groaned in my ear, teasing me. I frowned.

“Every girl loves to hear that,” I mumbled back.

As we were watching TV with Demetrius, there was a strange taste in my mouth. I swallowed, but it didn’t go away. It tasted kind of like copper.

“Darius,” I mumbled, trying to get his attention. He turned me around so I was facing him.

“What is it?” he asked, kissing me gently.

“I think the baby...wants blood.”

Darius pursed his lips, searching for words. “Are you sure?”

“And...I think I want it, too.” He gawked at me.

“Are you bullshitting me? Because, baby, this talk is getting me frisky,” he purred. I smacked him gently.

“Darius!” I groaned, embarrassed enough already. “Please! I’m not kidding.”

“I guess we should probably go hunting then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short so I'm updating again in like...a few seconds =p