Trembling With the Strings

It's Called "Bonding"

“Are you coming?” Darius asked me, his piercing eyes glowing in the night. I nodded, knowing he would see me. He reached out and caught my hand. I pressed myself to him, trying to stay warm. I had a hoodie, but the anticipation was making me shiver. “Are you sure you still want to do this?”

“I want it really bad,” I mumbled, disgusted with myself.

He smiled gently, pulling me closer. “Look on the bright side: now when you’re a vampire you won’t have a problem with drinking blood.” He kissed my neck roughly, pushing me against the wall.

“I’m not your dinner tonight,” I told him, smiling a little. He grinned, letting go of me.

“Fine. But save room for dessert, okay, baby?” he whispered, kissing me gently. I giggled.

“You’re so corny.”

He told me to hush, and I soon found out why. A young woman was stumbling down the alleyway, obviously drunk. Darius promised me that he loved me before going to make sexual advances on her. I hid in the shadows, telling my baby that he would have what he wanted soon enough.

“Hey, babe,” Darius called to her, stepping gracefully up to her. She looked him up and down and I wanted to claw her eyes out. He was mine.

“Hello,” she slurred, smiling sloppily.

They talked for a few moments before she threw herself at him, falling for his vampire charm. He shoved her against the wall, kissing her neck roughly. By the time she realized what was happening, she was unconscious. Darius dropped her, coming up to me.

“How am I going to get it?” I asked him. “I don’t have fangs.”

“You’re in for a treat. I can’t exactly give the baby her blood because it’s too concentrated for him. So you get some of mine,” he whispered in my ear, pulling me tightly to him. I winced when he pushed me to the wall, kissing me roughly. “Ready, baby?” he mumbled against my lips. I nodded, taking a deep breath. He bit down on his lip before pressing his mouth to mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer so I could steal more. It was just so good... I couldn’t bring myself to pull away even though my throat was burning. Darius moaned against my lips, but pushed himself away from me. I tried to pull him back, demanding more.

“You can’t have too much, Gracie. It could poison you,” he hissed, trying to even out his breaths. “And you made me a little dizzy.”

I dropped my head, ashamed.

“How do you not lose control?” I murmured, pulling him back to me. He smiled softly.

“It gets easier with years, I promise. Well, that and I’ve been around you for so long,” he purred, kissing me softly. He nipped at my neck, only taking the slightest amount of blood. “Eighteen years ago I couldn’t have done that. You’ll get better at it.”

“Hey, Dray,” I mumbled, smiling sheepishly. “Why do I want to rape you right now?”

He smirked. “Because when you took my blood I was aroused. Now, before we do something stupid and disturb the peace, maybe we should go back home?”

“I love you,” I told him as he carried me back to the house. He held me tight to his chest.

“Did he enjoy it?” he asked me randomly. I nodded.

“I think he did.”

Darius smiled. And I wasn’t so sure that he hated kids so much.