My Enigmatic Enemy

Startling, Bravery, Bliss

I made my way towards the Room of Requirement after curfew, after performing a - dare I say it - nearly perfect disillusionment charm on myself. I paused for Peeves to pass, not making a sound, and he didn’t even notice I was there, or if he did he actually ignored the chance to cause some trouble. Then, I rushed up the last few flights of stairs and began down the hallway where the Room of Requirement was located. My small golden necklace was bouncing with each step I took, cool against my flesh under my regular t-shirt.

I reached the tapestry and walked by three times, thinking of nothing but ‘the room that Draco’s in’. On the third pass, the door materialized before my eyes and I pulled the door open. What I saw when I entered was a room with bookshelves all along the wall - similar to those from the D.A. meetings last year, except this room was marginally smaller. There was also a single sofa, which was, strangely, black on the back, grey on the sides, with three white seat cushions. There were two black and two grey pillows, one on each side. And sitting there, in the middle with a book in his hands, was Draco. He looked up expectantly when the door opened, but his grin faded a little when he saw me.

“Who’s there?” He called, placing a bookmark in the book and starting to stand warily. I started.

“Oh!” I exclaimed softly, but he still heard it. He was crossing the room, getting closer, when I dispelled my disillusionment charm. “Sorry.”

When I came into view, his features became visibly relaxed, and he took the last few steps to embrace me.

“For a second, I thought someone had come in your place, like Potter, to hex me into oblivion.” Draco said, with a slightly nervous laugh. I laughed a little as well, hugging him tightly.

“No. Not this time, at least.” I grinned. “Am I late?”

Draco stepped back the tiniest bit and looked at his watch, his other arm still holding me tightly. “Nah, not by much. Two, three minutes tops.”

I sighed. “Good. I was thinking Harry and them would stay up in the common room all night talking about me and my oddities and - never mind,” I cut off abruptly, trying to hide it with a laugh, but the look Draco gave me made me sigh. “They were talking about how I’m becoming more outspoken. Again. I’m afraid that if it keeps going like this, I’ll give something away.”

“Don’t worry.” Draco gently tugged me towards the couch, where his book lay. “If it happens, it happens. We’ll worry about that when it happens, all right?”

“Yeah,” I said, squeezing his hand tightly. “Together, right?”

“Of course,” he smiled down at me, with the smile that only I was graced with, and leaned down to tenderly peck me on the lips. When he pulled back, he pulled me into an embrace once more, and with his lips tickling my ear, whispered. “We’ll be together for as long as we can be.”

“That’s all I ask,” I murmured back, clinging to the back of his shirt. Then I had one of my rare bursts of courage, or daring, or forwardness, and I added, “so, in the time we’ve got right now, would you mind kissing me?”

Draco pulled back, and looked at me with a mixture of amusement and glee. “Why, I thought you’d never ask. With pleasure, Madame.”

I didn’t wait for him to lean his considerably taller frame down to kiss me, but grabbed his tie and pulled him down to my level with my left hand, and my right immediately snaked its way to his gorgeous, silky hair. He made no protest - who would protest being kissed by some one they claim to care for? - and he returned the kiss with as much vigor as I had initiated it with.

He was the first to pull back, and said, in a sexily husky voice, “Ami…Ami. Do you know just what it is you do to me?”

“I get an idea,” I replied, “I get the feeling it’s exactly what you do to me.”

“Good.”

Before I could make another sound, Draco’s lips were back on mine, and the fires were burning in my soul, in my heart, and in my lips. The gentle slide of his tongue past my lips was the last thing I registered for a few moments, content to stay in the blissful kiss for every second possible. The one thing that damned this wish was the silly human need for oxygen, but even that didn’t stop it for long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. FIRST: I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY!!!!

It's been since NOVEMBER! If you still read this and if you even LIKE this, please tell me! I'll update as soon as I can. I'm still in school, and the ever accursed Algebra II is getting more and more difficult. I'm afraid I screwed myself over for an A- this semester by royally screwing up on the test we took on Friday, but...alas, it is over. I think.

ANYWAY. I'm sorry, and if you're reading this, I thank you for waiting patiently (I hope) and I hope that you'll leave a comment to tell me how much you missed me? (Just kidding xP)

ANYWAY if you're interested in Rose W. / Scorpius M. next gen....I've started one of those. It's The Red Rose That Has Green Thorns or something xP

<333 Amanda