I Saw You the Moment You Let the White Light Take Over

Prologue

"I'm goin' out ma." I yelled to my mom. My best friend was waiting on a bench for me so that we could go out in his truck. It was late June and pretty sunny out here in the country, I found it rather relaxing.

I ran out of the house and down the road that lead to no where, except a bench. I felt the gravel against my feet and smiled. I coudn't picture myself anywhere else, but here, my home, where I grew up.

I didn't think about my dad, who hated Jake -my best friend - I didn't care much that he did, he couldn't do anything about it. Jake and I have been friends for 3 years, never leaving each others side, we're joined at the hip.

He's 19 and lives on his own, his dad was abusive so he split when he was old enough to drive. Took the truck with him and never looked back once. I admired him for everything he's been through. He still came out strong.

My 19th birthday was coming up in just a few days, and I was excited for it. I was excited for being able to have a new freedom, for being older, for being able to buy my own alchohal.

"JAKE!" I screamed once he was in view. And he ran to me with open arms, and when he reached me, he swept me up into a comforting hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was inspired by a song/music video I watched a while ago.
I won't give anything away, because it'll give away the ending.
It's very heartfelt and near the end i'll tell you what the song/music video was.