I Saw You the Moment You Let the White Light Take Over

One, Four, Three. - I Love You.

I wasn't expecting him to say what he did, but while he was saying it I could feel the same feelings towards him that he had for me. I knew that every time I was around him my heart would race and I memorized the feeling every time we hugged or every time he kissed my forehead.

"You don't have to feel the same way," He whispered and in response I took his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. I wanted to know what it would feel like to kiss him, and so I kissed him lightly on the lips. Although I never said I loved him back he still looked satisfied with my reaction. I couldn't go too fast with this because I didn't trust my feelings just yet.

I just sat there on the bench next to him and held his hand. How could I have just been noticing all of these feelings now, I was used to having them but I never read too far into them. I could feel the wind start to pick up and I shivered, letting Jake wrap his arms around me to give me warmth. This wasn't something new though, Jake always did stuff like that.

It felt like we had been there for ages and I knew that it wouldn't help Jake much with my dad if he brought me home too late. The thing with Jake though was that he never brought me home late and he was always polite and he did everything he could to make sure I was safe. Why my dad doesn't like him, I will never know.

"You should probably drive me home now," I said looking at him. It was the first thing I had said to him since he told me that he loved me. At first he looked confused and then he realized that it was starting to get dark and we both got off the bench.

I knew that things were going to be the same with us, but completely different. We were still going to be the same best friends that told everything to each other, we were just going to have more kissing and hugging added in to our relationship. We didn't have to say anything to know that we were already together. I loved that about Jake, he always knew what I meant by my reactions and he always knew what was on my mind.

We hopped into his truck and he put the keys in the ignition, starting up the vehicle. He drove down the narrow gravel road that I had been running on to meet up with him. He suggested that he would pick me up when we were talking about it on the phone but I felt like running and so he didn't.

It was pretty silent in the truck, but it wasn't awkward. It was just a sign that we were both lost deep in thought. I knew what he was thinking about though. I knew that he was wondering if this would all work out okay with us, and I knew that because I was thinking the same thing. My dad was a big factor in all of this too, and he wasn't going to like it very much that Jake and I were together now.

I smiled at the thought of us being together. I knew that Jake was watching me and knowing exactly why I was smiling too. He wrapped his arm that wasn't controlling the steering wheel around me and I scooted over closer to him. I loved that I could do that in his truck because he had a bench type thing instead of individual seats.

He pulled up to my house and I kissed him before getting out of the truck. I walked around to the drivers side and over to his window that he had rolled down. He was smiling his beautiful smile at me and I couldn't help but feel my heart race at a higher speed then ever before.

"Don't get into too much trouble, Jake," I said placing my hand on the top of his head and pushing him a little. He took my hand in his and played with my fingers for a while, not wanting me to leave him to drive home, alone.

"I'll call you later tonight," He said and then I leaned over and kissed him, liking the feeling of knowing what his lips felt like against mine. I knew that it was never going to get old and that I was going to love it more and more every time.

I smiled before walking away and up to my house. I knew that he wasn't going to leave until he knew that I was inside, and so I walked very slowly and looked back a numerous amount of times to smile at him. I was doing this for him and for me, because I didn't want him to leave. I eventually got to my door though and looked back one last time before walking into my house.

I kicked off my shoes and ran up to my room doing a belly dive onto my bed. I was so happy right now that I didn't know what else to do. I had already eaten dinner before I went to see Jake and so I just lay there on the bed with my head on the pillow thinking about everything.

My door swung open just then and I sat up quickly meeting my dads gaze. He looked angry with me, but I hadn't done anything wrong that I knew of. He crossed his arms as if expecting me to say something; I didn't.

"Well?" He growled. I looked at him confused, not knowing why he was so angry with me. I cleaned my room just like he asked me to and I even did the dishes quickly before going out. I couldn't think of any reason for him to be standing in my room with his arms crossed and his eyes glaring.

"Well what?" I asked cautiously so that I didn't make him even more angry. It wasn't like he was going to hit me, but he scared me a lot when he was angry. I felt like it was probably obvious as to why he was angry but my mind was too filled to think about it properly.

"What you can't just be best friends with him,now you have to go and date him?" He said in a very angry tone. It finally clicked in my brain why he was so mad, well I guess his words made it obvious but I knew how he found out. My dad hasn't always been one for letting people have their privacy, well letting Jake and I have our privacy anyways.

"Dad," I said softly, trying to calm him down a little bit. He didn't seem to have calmed down at all though and I knew that this was going to be a tough fight between us. "He's honestly not that bad and if you just gave him a chance-" I was cut off.

"I don't need to give him a chance, he hasn't earned one. He's not good enough for you, Ashley he and won't ever be good enough for you. I could handle you two being friends, but this is too much. You're ending it with him or you're not seeing him ever again," He shouted at me while pointing a finger my way. I wanted to snap it in half.

"He's more than good enough for me dad. I don't know why you don't like him, he always has me home on time and he always makes sure I'm safe. He asks you and mom for permission when he wants to take me somewhere new and he's never given anybody attitude," I said yelling back. I knew that my mom was downstairs listening but didn't want to cut in and make my dad more angry.

"End it or you can't see him anymore," He said sternly and I got up and walked over to my door holding it open for him. I pointed in the direction of the hall way and stood there completely angry with him for doing this.

"Deal with it, or I'll move out. You can't protect me from everything, dad." I said and he walked over to the door and looked at me.

"Then I guess you're gone then, aren't you." He said and then he walked out and I slammed the door behind him. I knew that he didn't mean what he said to me and that he was just trying to make me change my mind, but I started packing my stuff anyways.

I could hear my mom downstairs arguing with my dad. She always waited till after he was done yelling at me so that he wouldn't continue to yell at me even longer if she were to be defending me. I picked up the phone and called Jake, letting him know that he was coming to get me or I was walking to his house. He wanted to know why but I told him I would explain everything later. He came and got me hating that I was crying over the phone and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

He got out of the truck and waited for me as I ran out of my house and towards him letting him hug me for a few seconds. I knew my dad was probably going to come out and yell at me for doing this and so I hurried us into Jake's truck and he started to drive us over to his house. He thought that my mom had let me come with him because that's what I had told him, but I knew he was starting to doubt that after we had walked into his house and I threw my stuff next to his bed.

His house was small and the kitchen and living room were all in one area. He only had 3 rooms in his house and the other two rooms were his bedroom and his bathroom. I took in the smell and smiled for the first time since my dad and I argued. I loved the smell of Jake's house. I couldn't count how many times I had been here before because we came here way too much.

Jake hugged me again and we stayed like that for a long time. Today had been a good day and my dad had ruined it. I hated how my dad could do that to me knowing how happy I was with Jake. He knew Jake had the power to make me smile more than anybody else I knew. I just stayed there in Jake's arms and tried not to think about my dad for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe.

I started this a very long time ago, well the prologue and I suddenly had the urge to write more. The music video I am making this story out of can be interpreted in many different ways and this is how I see it. It's only the beginning though, we still have a long way to go.