The Sauce He Craves

Chapter Two

Dad pulled me to the side while the three were filming.

"Can you go pick up your brother?" He asked. My brother is about 2 years old, and just about the cutest thing I ever laid eyes on...well...that's a bit of an overstatement.

"Yeah, sure. Do you have the booster seat?" I asked. My adopted brother...my adopted brother.

"It's over beside where the actors leave. Wait until they call for break." Dad said. Pointing to a hole in the set where they werent filming.

"Okay." I said. Grabbing my Vitamin Water, still needed to thank Tom, and my car keys. I made sure my phone was in my pocket, then heard the piercing signal.

"Cut!" My dad screamed over the sound of all the continued shouting. They didn't stop. My dad sighed. I took in a deep breath.

"Cut!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Everyone stopped instantly and looked over. I smiled, then grabbed the booster seat. Why it was here, I didn't know.

"Break time guys. I don't care where you go, just be back in two hours." My dad said to all the actors. Rupert walked over.

"Hey." He said, breathless because of the fight scene.

"Hey." I said, my voice crackly. I grabbed the booster seat and we both started to the doors.

"Where are you going?"

"To get my little brother." I said, stopping at my car, him stopping with me.

"Ah, want me to tag along? I have nothing to do." He said, reassuring my questioned look.

"Sure." I said chuckling a bit. I opened the back door on my side and put the booster seat in place and secured it. Rupert helped a bit, finding a reason to touch my hand. After we finished I closed the door and Rupert got in the passenger's seat. I got into the drivers seat and turned the car on. Instantly the lights in the floorboard flashed, strobe style. Rupert jumped out of his skin. I looked over laughing, then hit a button to turn them off.

"I knew that was going to happen." He said, defending himself. I couldn't help but chuckle more as I pulled out of the parking lot. As we drove, Rupert kept a conversation up.

"I'm sorry I kissed you," He said, looking out the window.

"Why should you be," I said, driving.

"Because when I was talking to Dan, you looked heartbroken." He said, looking over.

"I wasn't heartbroken." I said, still driving, almost home.

"Well then I'm not sorry and I intended to do it." He said, flashing the perfect smile.

I turned into our driveway and stopped outside the door. My mom was standing outside, watching Justin play with rocks.

"Thank goodness you're here, I need you to take him with you. I've got to go to work." She said, picking up Justin and placing him in my arms.

"Okay, have fun." I said. Sighing as I walked back to my car.

"Cause you have fun at yours," Rupert said in my ear, smiling I could tell. After we got Justin in we talked to him to see what he wanted to do for the couple hours. He caught glance of Rupert and his smile got bigger.

"'Pert!" He said, smiling up at Rupert.

"Hey bud!" Rupert said, holding his fist out. He taught Justin how to knuckle punch. I shook my head laughing.

"You too like mommy and daddy?" He asked, not getting why Rupert was here.

"You mean married, bud?" Rupert asked, his hand brushing mine behind the seat, where Justin couldn't see. Justin vigorously shook his head up and down.

"Don't give yourself a whiplash," I said, chuckling.

"Well are you?" He said in that adorable voice. I didn't know how to explain. I turned to look at the giant standing beside me.

"Uh, no bud. We're not married," He said, watching poor Justin's face fall. I retailiated for Rupert.

"Why don't we take you to Toys R Us and get you a new toy to play with at dad's set?" I said, watching his face light up. I smiled. I closed the door and Rupert turned towards me.

"You want me to drive," Rupert asked, pulling me closer to him by putting his arms around my waist.

"If you want to, just remember that there are flashing lights." I said, smiling up at him, fishing my keys out of my pocket. Rupert smiled and we went to our sides of the car. He started to drive, and I felt nothing but his hand on mine, then to look down and see our fingers,intertwined. I passed Justin a portable DVD player and let him watch Spongebob with his earphones on. He began to watch and I sighed.

"What's the matter?" Rupert said, instantly taking his hand back, worried.

"I don't want false hope Rupert." I said sighing.

"What do you mean by false hope?"

"I mean, you being interested for a little while, then leaving completely."

"Does this have a story behind it?"

"Maybe a little one."

"Does it have to do with someone else?"

"Yeah."

"Are you dating anyone?"

"No."

"Now you are." He said, looking over and smiling. For some reason that smile was familiar.

"Haven't we met before today?"

"Yeah, before I was taken out of middle school." He said, smiling.

"Oh, everything's making sense now..."

"So, I ask again...Are you dating anyone?"

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
They did know each other before. They just didn't remember each other =) I think it was cute.