The Sauce He Craves

Chapter Five

Rupert and I went back to the hospitial after being informed that Justin woke up. Rupert drove us there, then we went up to the room. We walked in and his face brightened up.

"'Pert...Shawnnn" He said, still tired.

We both walked over. Rupert looking down sadly. I looked over at my little brother.

"You guys go home, get 'rried...." He said, tiredly. Rupert's jaw dropped and I looked over at him, my jaw agape, also.

"I-Rupert..."

"Can I talk to you outside?" Rupert said, looking at me. Justin smiling.

Rupert closed the door behind me and sighed.

"Are-Are you okay?" I asked, worried.

"Yeah, I've just been thinking..." He said, starting to pace.

"About?"

"About calling you my fiancee." He said, getting a ring out of his pocket. He got on one knee.

"Rupert..."

"Will you promise me? Will you promise me you'll love me?" He said, holding out his class ring. I smiled and nodded, as he placed the ring on my finger and pulled me into a tight hug.

Rupert rubbed my face lightly.

"Our children would be beautiful," He said,"Because they'd have your traits." He said, sounding nerdy and sweet. I blushed as he placed his lips gently against my face. I smiled up at him.

We walked back into the room, Justin napping and it was time for the nurses to come in and Mom and Dad offered to stay. Dad seeing the ring and looking at Rupert. Rupert gulped and we left.

He grabbed my hand and we walked down to the car, driving to my house. I smiled up at him.

"Everything's going to be fine. We'll get married someday, Justin'll be fine, and we'll be more in love than love itself." Rupert said, rubbing my hand as we walked into the house. He shut the door and locked it and came over to me, as I leaned against the wall, and placed his arms on either side of me. He kissed me softly.

For once in my life, love actually felt real and within distance. Within reaching distance. My fingers just brushing on the outskirts. Like I really had belonged.