‹ Prequel: Family Reunion
Sequel: Communion

Union

The Conflict Rebirth

"Happy Birthday Frank..." Rose smiled as she came into the downstairs kitchen of their shared home and saw her husband sitting at the table munching down on some cornflakes.

"Hey sexy..." Tre smiled and put down his spoon, letting her kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you..."

"You want to do something fun today?" Rose asked as she sat down beside him at the table.

"I feel like doing something I haven't done in a long time..." Tre said, turning to look her in the eyes.

"No booze..." Rose said, giving him 'the look' and crossing her arms.

"No no, that's not what I was thinking," he said shaking his head.

"Oh...what then?"

"I was thinking you and I could go rent a hotel down in Hollywood and..."

"This sounds dirty..." Rose laughed cutting him off.

"Oh yes, it will be all around dirty. I feel like doing some good old school Green Day vandalizism. Even if it's not with Green Day," Tre said jumping with his bowl of cornflakes and dumping it in the sink.

"Hey hey! Rinse your bowl!" Rose said jumping up from the table.

"Hmm..." Tre sighed, but complied and rinsed his bowl.

"Oh...I thought you were talking about sex..." Rose laughed. "So what? You just want to rent an expensive hotel room and trash it?"

"Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Haven't you ever trashed an expensive hotel room?" Tre asked her.

"Well...umm...actually until I knew you, I hadn't stayed in a hotel that cost more than $80 a night," Rose said.

"Yikes, been there. I use to be best friends with bed bugs and cockroaches, then I became a millionaire sellout and I ditched all of them. I'm such a bastard, ditching them 'cause their poor. Damn me to hell!" Tre said going off on a random rant.

Rose laughed, "You're not a sellout. Damn, I'm going to kick the asses of whomever started calling you guys that first."

"Want names? I know a few people from Gilman. I still see them around..." Tre said.

"Nah, I was only kidding..." Rose laughed. She then initiated a kiss with him with a mischevious grin on her face.

"Woo...you're scaring me right now. You're a scary lady..." Tre said as he causiously went in for the kiss.

Suddenly Rose snapped at his nose and bit it and wouldn't let go.

"Oww!" Tre shouted. "Fuck..." he said, starting to laugh.

"I won wet go," Rose said with the top of his nose in her mouth.

"God, you're so kinky. Let's have Birthday boy sex, please?" Tre said as he started trying to yank his nose back.

Rose let go and punched him in the arm. "Okay..." she said with a grin.

Technically, they had not had sex in a long while. A long while being before she was raped. The whole idea of it had made her feel uncomfortable. But now she felt it was time she should let go and move on with her life.

She was pregnant still, and at five months showing quite visibly. She had tried to keep it in her mind that she was pregnant with her husbands child, not her attackers.

She never actually had seen her attackers face to worry about the child looking like him. But still she wondered if it was a boy if he'd grow up and have an alike voice that would trigger her. At any rate, that would be too far away from now to worry about.

"Woot! 10 o'clock in the morning Birthday sex!" Tre shouted as he grabbed her up in his arms.

"Whoa...someones impatient!" Rose laughed as Tre began to run out of the kitchen and up the stairs with her towards their bedroom.

"Damn straight..." Tre said.

"Hey Frank..." Rose said as he placed her down on their bed and started taking off his own clothes faster than a Superman/Clark Kent costume change.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna be my dominated love slave?" Rose said placing one of her fingers in her mouth and suckling on it seductively.

"Wow, I just got the biggest erection," Tre giggled sillily.

"I can see that..." Rose said, as she looked at him standing in his boxers. "Get on the bed and lay on your back..........NOW!" she shouted in a domineering tone.

"Whoa...yes ma'am!" Tre obeyed.

"Good!" Rose said jumping off the bed and starting to undress herself. She looked at the scars that adorned her body, from a car accident she had been in years prior. Even now, she was self conscious about her scars, but wanted to have some fun with her husband, and didn't let it faze her mind. "You're a very very bad boy aren't you?"

"Fuck yes I am... I need you to punish me good," Tre said, waiting for it to begin.

"I do not punish. I torture and destroy," Rose said in a simulated dark voice.

"Rawrr!" Tre growled.

After they had finished a hot sack session of Rose playing the dominant role, they lay side by side. Rose thought about how Christmas was going to roll around in a few more weeks.

Tre thought about...erm...how hot that just was.

"So, you ready to go down to Tinseltown with me sexy?" Tre asked.

"Yeah... I guess we'll have to stay in the hotel room to avoid angry fans though," Rose pointed out.

"Yeah, we will. I don't mind though. It gives me more time to spend with you, and for that very reason I'm also glad the band is on hiatus," Tre said sweetly.

"Aww...." Rose said as she turned to him in the bed and planted a kiss on his adorable nose.

He grinned, " I know, I'm smooth..."

"Yes you are Mr. Cool," Rose laughed and placed her hand down on top of her pregnant belly. "Frank..." she said turning more serious.

"Yeah?"

"What was it you were going to tell me?" she asked.

"Tell you? When?" he asked.

"You know...before we all thought we were going to die. You were going to tell me something, then didn't."

"Oh...." Tre said.

"Well?"

"Umm..." Tre started before being cut off by the sound of the doorbell downstairs.

Rose gasped and looked towards the bedroom door. "Who's that?" she said nervously. She remembered the last time Tre and herself were together at home and the doorbell went off. The memory was still fresh in her mind.

"I don't know," Tre said as he hopped out of bed trying to quickly get dressed. "I'll get it though."

"NO! I...umm...I mean no..." Rose said nervously.

"Why?" Tre asked.

"Umm...I don't know. Just...umm...just check the peephole first," she said.

"Okay, I will," he said, now knowing what was going through his wifes head.

"Thank you," she said as she too got out of bed to dress herself.

Tre was already dressed and he darted downstairs. As for looking through the peephole, he didn't. He wasn't near as worried about it as his wife and thought nothing of it.

Rose slowly made her way down the upstairs hall and stopped at the top of the stairs to see who it was. She was relieved when she heard some familar voices.

"Hey! You weren't going to ignore us on your Birthday were you?"

"No...maybe..." Tre said.

"Hi Billie, hi Mike," Rose said coming down the stairs slowly and seeing her cousin adorning black suspenders and a dress shirt, and Mike wearing a brown sweater with matching brown pants. She also saw a familar woman and a little girl standing beside them. "Hi April. Hi little girl who's name I kee forgetting."

"Hey Rose," the three said in unison.

"Her names Cailie," April reminded her again.

"Oh okay, thanks," Rose smiled.

"You guys look a bit sweaty right now, been working out?" Mike asked sarcastically.

"Oh yes, Rose showed me all the right moves..." Tre gloated with pride.

"Ahh...eww...fuck off!" Billie Joe said and he punched Tre in the arm.

"Ah ah, don't fight around me. You guys gave me a close call last time," Rose said placing her hand on her stomach and looking at Tre and Mike as she stepped into the foyer.

"And no swearing in front of Cailie," April said covering her daughters ears and taking her out to the living room.

Mike looked extremely embarrassed that Rose brought it up, because it was mostly his fault that she got hurt during his and Tre's fight in the hotel in Berlin.

"Sorry sexy," Tre said as he turned to her, then back to Billie.

"Yeah, sorry," Billie said.

"Sorry hunny," Mike called to his girlfriend out in the living room.

Rose nodded and looked at Billie, "So are there still angry fans outside of your gate picketing?"

"Nope, I wouldn't be here right now if there was. They've all left," Billie said happily.

"Oh, that's good," Rose said as she yawned and turned her head to the side. Out of the corner of her eye all she could see was Tre, and two figures wearing black and brown. "Heehh!" she gasped suddenly and jumped back.

"Whoa! Rose what's wrong?!" Tre said excitedly with concern.

"Oh...shit..." she said turning away from the members of Green Day and heading back for the stairs.

"What happened?" Billie asked.

"Nothing...nothing. I just need to be alone. I'm sorry Frank..." Rose said and she started to take off back up the stairs.

"No..." Tre said with confusion. "Rose wait!" he said and he started after her. He stopped her on the mid-platform on the stairwell by only just grabbing her hand.

"NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" she raged all of a sudden and turned around and pushed him.

"SHIT!" Tre shouted as he was sent plummeting down the stairs.

Rose watched him fall, before running back off up the stairs crying her eyes out in frustration.

"Holy shit!" Mike shrieked as Tre rolled down the stairs, onto the foyer floor infront of him. "Oh my God. Man are you okay?"

Tre groaned and started to sit up, "Fuck...yeah..."

"What the fuck was that all about?" Billie said, ignoring as he grabbed Tre's arm to try and help pull him up.

"She's still fucked up," Tre said understandingly.

"Yeah I guess so... I've never seen her do that before," Billie Joe said as he looked up the stairs.

"Poor girl," Mike said.

"How's the baby?" Billie asked, turning back to the drummer of his band.

"All seems to be going well. Well that's how the doctor put it anyways," Tre grinned as he shook his head trying to restabilize himself.

"Good, good," Billie answered.

"Umm, we were going to go down to Hollywood and rent a hotel, and you know..." Tre started.

"Have more sex..." Mike added.

"No actually. I just wanted to trash the room with her. You know, for old times sake?" Tre grinned. "She'll come around in a few hours."

"Oh! Can we come?!" Mike asked Tre with immature excitement.

"Well.....hmm....sure."

"Yay! Oh my God, this is going to hella kick ass," Mike said and he turned to Billie Joe.

Billie was rolling his eyes slightly at the immaturity, but he thought it might be kind of fun, for the memories.

"You guys do realize people already hate us, right?" Billie asked.

"Yep," Tre nodded acting like it made no difference.

"Wait...speaking of hating us. How're are record sales doing?" Mike asked turning to Billie and calming himself.

"Well our albums been on the shelves for nine weeks. Adi told me so far we've sold 950,000 records internationally," Billie replied looking up at the ceiling.

"Fuck, you mean we haven't even gone platinum?" Tre asked.

"Nope, but I guess you can tell that true Green Day fans still exist," Billie said to Tre.

"Yeah, it's too bad we couldn't back it up with a tour," Mike said as they all continued to frolic in the foyer.

"What would be the point? Every city would have 10 fans, and 19,990 protesters," Billie Joe laughed.

"Yeah...oh well. Fuck 'um. Let's go piss some famous people off," Tre said.

"Okay," Bilie Joe agreed.

Just then the phone rang. "Hold up," Tre said to Billie and Mike as he ran out to the living room to answer it.

"Hello? Oh hi Ramona, how's it going angel? Thank you. You miss daddy? I miss you too. Aww...yeah, I'm going to come see you soon. What am I doing today? Me and Rose are going to go take a trip to Hollywood. Yeah, I think Uncle Bill and Mike are coming too....."

"Must be hard for Tre..." Billie said as he watched from the foyer, his friend out in the living room.

"What must be hard?" Mike asked.

"A kid in New York, a kid in the Bay, another kid on the way. Not knowing whether it's his or not. I don't know...just seems complicated," Billie said.

"Yeah, you got to give him credit for how he manages it all," Mike said.

"That you do..." Billie said turning towards Mike and smiling.

Just then Tre came back out from the living room, "That was Ramona."

"Yeah, we heard," Mike smiled.

"I should go talk to Rose," Tre said.

"Yeah, go do that. We'll wait," Billie said and him and Mike disappeared into the living room.

Tre sighed and slowly made his way up the stairs. Walking down the upstairs hall equally slow, Tre grew nervous. He pushed open the bedroom door and was met by Rose sitting in a chair looking out the window.

"Rose...are you okay?"

"I'm fine..." she whispered in a tear distorted voice. She raised her hand to her face, wiped her tears and sniffled.

"Are you sure?" Tre said making his way over to her slowly.

"Yeah..." she said. "So...ahh...what was it you were wanting to tell me?"

"I don't think I should tell you today," Tre said.

"Why?" Rose said.

"Because, it's my Birthday. I'd rather you weren't upsetted with it today."

"Frank, I've been curious for weeks. In fact, it's the only thing besides getting you a Birthday present that's been on my mind," Rose admitted.

"Okay..." he gulped. "I...fuck..." he said looking up at the ceiling finding it hard to choose his words. His heart was beating out of his chest.

"How bad can it possibly be?" Rose said as she stood up from her chair and turned to look at him.

"Don't look at me... Telling you would be a lot easier if you weren't looking at me," Tre said.

Rose sighed, "Fine..." She turned around and crossed her arms, "Now what is it?"

"Umm...damn...I...umm...Imbeingchargedwithassault," he said quickly, and downplaying what he really meant.

Rose turned around, "What did you just say?"

"Umm...don't make me repeat it," Tre begged.

"Oh my God..." Rose said.

"See, I told you. I shouldn't have told you today."

"But...but I didn't tell any cops about you hurting me...no no....I didn't...." Rose said growing manic.

"No Rose...it's not you," Tre said as he bowed his head downwards.

"Wha? What? Who...who? Who then?" she said looking at him and shaking her head with confusion.

"Sarah..." he said looking up at her.

"What? Sarah? My sister...?" Rose said.

"Yeah," he answered bluntly.

"Oh my God...but...but how? And oh my God...she's been missing for for over two years," Rose stammered.

"I know..." Tre answered, sounding reletively calm, but not actually feeling it.

"But...what the fuck happened to her then?!" Rose shouted all of a sudden.

"Rose..."

"No Frank! Don't you fucking Rose me! I want to know what the hell is going on here!" she shrieked turning around and grabbing her head of dyed raven coloured hair.

"Okay..."

"Tell me now..."

"Fuck! Don't you see I can't tell you?! It would destroy our relationship!" Tre shouted at the top of his lungs.

Just then footsteps were heard quickly stomping up the stairs. "Hey Hey! What's going on?!" Billie yelled, running into the bedroom to mediate.

"Nothing..." Tre said in a quieter tone.

"Shut up Frank! Billie, Frank won't tell me what the fuck happened to my sister and I know he fucking knows!" Rose shouted.

Just then Billie Joe got a fearful look on his face. "Umm..this one has nothing to do with me," he said and started to back out of the room.

"Bill! Get your fucking ass back in here now! You're not going to put this all on me!" Tre shouted.

"Shit..." Billie said as he slowly came back into the room.

"Oh my God...you guys know something I don't..." Rose whispered.

"No...well maybe," Tre said cowering his head in the direction of the floor.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" she questioned her husband.

"Okay, it was all my idea," Billie Joe bravely admitted.

"What?! What was all your idea?!"

"Umm...to have Sarah deported...." Billie squeaked out nervously.

Rose didn't even say anything, her face just went cold and she turned to look at her husband's reaction. The expression on his face showed obvious guilt, and he wasn't in any hurry to deny it.

"Fuck..." Tre whispered. He could not make any eye contact with Rose his shame was so heavy.

Rose looked like she was going to explode, yet didn't. Instead she went over to a dresser, pulled out a tiny velvet box and threw it at Tre. "Happy Birthday Frank," she said in a low voice and stomped out of the room.

Tre grabbed the box up but did not open it. He adverted his eyes over to Billie as Billie began to speak. "How did she find out about this?"

"Because I'm being summoned to court on attempted murder charges..." Tre said quietly.

"What? How?"

Tre tilted his head to the side, with tears in his eyes and sighed, "Sarah's back..."