‹ Prequel: Family Reunion
Sequel: Communion

Union

The Confessions of a Sister

"Ma'am, do we have to stop these proceedings?" the judge said with irritation to Rose, who was crying so much the entire courtroom took notice.

Rose shook her head, "No...I'm sorry." She wiped her tears on the back of her hand.

Tre turned his head back to look at her, and then back at the judge. "Don't be an asshole, she's eight months pregnant," Tre boldly said.

The entire courtroom got excited over his comment. "Excuse me?" the judge said. "Sir, make one more comment like that and I'll hold you in contempt of court."

"Fine..."

"I'm sorry your honor; he didn't mean anything by that," Rose said, trying to cover for her husband.

"Your honor, I'm a religious woman, and I have found it in my heart to forgive Mr. Cool for what he did to me. I still seek justice though," Sarah said as she figgeted with a crucifix dangling from her neck.

Tre shook his head, "My ass you're religious..."

"Mr. Cool, what makes you believe Sister Sarah is anything other than a religious woman?" the judge asked.

"Because she black mailed me into sleeping with her!" Tre shrieked without thinking.

The judge paused for a moment, and an escaped grin came on Sarah's face. "Mr. Cool, don't you think admitting that means you had a motive for murder?" the judge questioned.

"No..."

"Mr. Cool, we've been sitting here day after day for three months, going back and forth and so far every statement that's come out of your mouth shows you to be a short-tempered person," the judge said, shaking his head.

"I'm not short-tempered..." he assured the judge.

"He is, and that's why he stabbed me," Sarah said.

"I stabbed you because you're a fucking bitch!" Tre shouted, accidently admitting to everything, because he was on such an emotional high.

Rose gasped from where she was sitting behind the defendant's table and Tre turned around to look at her. Just as Sarah was turning around she was knocked into oblivian, by the rage of one, not so lonely girl.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH! I HATE YOU!" Rose shouted as she began smashing in Sarah's face on the floor. "I HATE YOU!"

"STOP!" Sarah cried as she tried to block her sister's punches.

"ROSE STOP!" Tre yelled as he left his seat at the defendant's table and ran over and grabbed her up away. His main concern was her hurting the baby, he knew she could easily take Sarah.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU!" Rose shouted again at the top of her lungs. The courtroom officer helped Tre grab Rose away from Sarah.

Being held back by the courtroom officer, Tre let go of Rose and turned to the judge. The judge seemed outraged by what he had just witnessed, and willing to jump to any conclusion.

"Mr. Cool, since you've admitted to that which has been accused of you, I have no other choice but to brand you guilty. In these cases we dismiss the opinions of the jury," the judge said.

"Fuck no..." Tre said.

"Mr. Cool, I have thought deeply on what kind of sentencing I would give you had you been proven guilty. And I feel it only right to sentence you to a minimum of nine years, in which you'll serve out at North Kern State Prison. You may apply for parol in three," the judge said, and with that slammed his mallet on his desk, making it official. "Court is adjournment."

"No!" Rose screamed as officers grabbed up her husband and placed him in handcuffs.

"Oh God...it's okay Rose..." Tre cried.

Sarah had a bloodied face, but left with her lawyer almost instantly, shouting back, "Love you Rose!"

"No! Please don't take him!" Rose cried, ignoring her sister's comment, as she collapsed in the courtroom officers arms and started screaming in pain.

"Rose..."

"What's wrong ma'am?" the courtroom officer asked.

"Oh God! Uhhh!" Rose screamed as she grabbed her stomach, and her water broke all over the floor.

"Rose! Oh Shit!" Tre cried.

"Uhh! Frank!" Rose cried and gasped all at once.

"Let go of me!" Tre begged the officers whom had him cuffed and in their grasps.
Kindly they uncuffed him and let him run to his wife. "Rose! Oh God!" Tre said as he grabbed her away from the courtroom officer.

"Frank...uhh!

"Rose...shh...just relax," Tre hushed, as he kissed her forehead.

"Carl! Call an ambulance!" the courtroom officer shouted.

"Frank! Uhh! Please...you can't leave me!" Rose cried with desperation.

"Rose I have to," Tre cried.

"You can't leave me to do this alone again! Uhh! I'll die! You can't!" Rose begged, shaking her head.

"I'll be with you the whole time... I'm sorry Rose, I love you angel," Tre said as he was snatched away from his wife quickly, and the courtroom officer took Rose back in his arms.

"Frank! Please don't leave me! Uhh! I love you!" Rose screamed as she was pulled over to a bench and laid down to rest while waiting for paramedics.

"I love you!" Tre cried.

This would be the last time, Tre and Rose would see or touch each other again, for quite a long time. Tre disappeared from the courtroom with the officers, and there was nothing that could be done.